General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #1  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

Question Honest opionion on hairstyle

I have NO idea if I am doing the attachment right on this post. So if not, I apologize.

For my 10 lb mini goal, I am thinking of getting a dramatic new haircut, color, the whole nine yards. I really like the one in this picture, but I'm afraid my face is too full to pull it off.

What do you gals think? Please be honest. My feelings won't be hurt, I promise. Should I go ahead and get it when I reach my 10 lbs, wait for my face to slim down some more, or don't get it at all because you don't think the style is right for me?

Ok, so there's a pic of me and a pic of the hairstyle (it's pretty obvious which is which)
**Fingers crossed that this works**
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair.JPG (11.8 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg me.JPG (12.0 KB, 148 views)
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #2  
is chubby

If you want my honest opinion: definitely no!
That is an oval face haircut strictly. I can't see it clearly but from your picture it seems you are more of a round face person. Round faces need haircuts that make their heads less round, so definitaly something beneath the chin and not so high puffy.
I think the perfect haircut for you is to add volume to your current length and a few assymetric tresses in the face
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

That's cute! I think it'd look really good on you!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

An angled bob with the longer peices coming past your chin in the front would look better. The sides on this cut look like they could be high maintence and hard to keep styled. Good luck on your haircut.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #5  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

I am a licensed cosmetologist, and I DISAGREE with what the first poster said. First of all, If you have a round face, you WANT something with some volume (or poofy top, I think she called it).. it pulls that round shape out a bit. ALSO.. I am firm believer that the PERSON pulls the haircut off, not the shape of our face. Personally, I can rock whatever hairstyle I want.. And so can you. Its about confidence. I think the cut is super cute. And I also think that having that fun, spunky cut will make you feel like a million bucks!

Worst case scenario- you dont like it, its hair, it grows. The cut isnt really all that much shorter than your hair now! I say do it!!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #6  
SiLly MuCh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbykins View Post
That is an oval face haircut strictly. I can't see it clearly but from your picture it seems you are more of a round face person.
I actually do have more of an oval face. It just looks round because of the extra weight I have right now. I attached a picture of me from about two years ago so you could see. (It'll be nice when I look like that again!) I also attached a pic of another look I'm considering. It's REALLY similar but I think it frames the face a little better. The layers are a little longer and it has a heavier bang. Any opinion on that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalZ10 View Post
The sides on this cut look like they could be high maintenance and hard to keep styled.
I was a little worried about the styling too. But, I figured with a tousled look there would be a little room to play around with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendeeLou View Post
I am a licensed cosmetologist, and I DISAGREE with what the first poster said. First of all, If you have a round face, you WANT something with some volume (or poofy top, I think she called it).. it pulls that round shape out a bit. ALSO.. I am firm believer that the PERSON pulls the haircut off, not the shape of our face. Personally, I can rock whatever hairstyle I want.. And so can you. Its about confidence. I think the cut is super cute. And I also think that having that fun, spunky cut will make you feel like a million bucks!

Worst case scenario- you dont like it, its hair, it grows. The cut isnt really all that much shorter than your hair now! I say do it!!
LOL I say that EVERY time I make a big change to my hair. About three years ago, I got 10 inches cut off and donated it. My hairdresser was super nervous about cutting it off, she kept going, "are you sure? Are you sure?" I told her the same thing ... it's hair, it grows!!
Hey, since you're a cosmetologist, maybe you could answer the styling question for me. Would I need wax to get the ends right or do you think some gel and a straightener would do it?

Thank all you gals so much for your thoughts. I'm definitely going with something "spunky" as Wendy put it and something with a bang. I'm getting tired of looking at my big forehead. I love making big changes to my hair. It always makes me feel fabulous and about 10 lbs lighter I've got about 4 more pounds to think it over though

Which of the two cuts do you gals think is better?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me - oval face.jpg (13.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg hair.JPG (6.9 KB, 55 views)
Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

I like the second one better. To me, it looks like a younger style. I don't like the big, poufy "helmet head" style of the first one.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #8  

I think it would look good on you. It's short enough to be spunky, but long enough that you can still style it in other ways too - which is a huge plus for me anyway.

And you're right - it's just hair! When I was 15-ish, I got my waist long hair cut off into a pixie cut; my hair dresser was SO panicky about it constantly asking me before she did it "are you sure? you can't go back you know once I start"- I just rolled my eyes and said "it grows back!" My hair has been every colour of the rainbow, every length, and even shaved (on a dare in high school). That's the fun thing about hair: it comes back and you can start all over again
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #9  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Dilli Doo
I would recommend wax, but you could get away with gell. The only thing I dont like about gel is that it has a tendency to weigh hair down a bit, which might back that piecy volume-y look hard.

I agree with another poster, the second pic is much cuter! And I think would be easier to style. I like the big bang in the front, but I wonder how thick your hair is? The gal in the pic looks like she has pretty thick hair. Its hard to get that full, big bang with thinner hair, because there is simply not enough hair there!

I think no matter what you do- rock it! And dont let 3FC peeps tell ya you can or cant.. its hard to tell from just a picture!!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

I do like both styles. The second one looks like you can take some wax and make some textured chunky pieces in the front. I like have the stylist show me how to style my hair after its cut.
What color are you thinking about? Highlights maybe?
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I think you need to go to Boise and let WendeeLou rock it out for ya. Take before and after pics. Who knows? She might just increase tourism in Boise when we all start going to her to have our hair done. LOL

I really think WendeeLou's suggestions are right for your hair and facial shape. I was hoping some of the people who do hair would comment for you. We have quite a few on here who do and they are always full of wonderful suggestions.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #12  
SiLly MuCh?

CrystalZ10 - Whenever I dye my hair, my first instinct is always blond or at least really light highlights. I have really fair skin and it usually ends up washing me out though. Funny thing is, I know this and yet I keep doing it This time, since my new attitude is to recognize the mistakes I've been making and be brave enough to correct them, I'm most likely going to go with a dark chocolate brown. I would LOVE to rock some mauve highlights but I don't know if I'm quite that brave yet. We'll see.

cbmare - If I could afford a trip to Boise, I'd have WendeeLou rock my hair in a heartbeat!

WendeeLou - Ok, another question for you ... you should never have told me you were in the business lol ... My hair is a little strange. Stylist usually don't realize how thick my hair is until they start cutting. That's because it's really REALLY fine. It just looks thin. In your expert opinion, is it possible to pull off the big bang look with fine hair? I've never tried a thick bang before, so it's gonna be interesting.

Thanks again chickies!!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #13  
Vegan for the animals.

I really like it and I think it would look wonderful on you.
VegDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

@WendeeLou

Couldn't she just invest in a root volumizer and maybe a thickening shampoo if her hair wasn't thick enough? Maybe even a little back brushing? It's not a permanent fix, though, obviously.

And I think it would be cool to combine both haircuts. The front of the second one, and the back of the first one. I like the poof in the back. I had a similar cut, and it was very easy to backcomb and hairspray it to stay. Then again, I have naturally thick hair. I told myself if I ever cut my hair again I would go back to that cut.

Last edited by yhahmd; 04-21-2011 at 03:13 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Don't do the first one. It will age you horribly and it's not right for your face shape. Plus only certain people can pull off that hairstyle without looking trashy. Don't mean to be so blunt about it. Sorry.

I really like the second one though.

Last edited by niafabo; 04-21-2011 at 03:17 PM.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote