South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #1  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Cool I need a south beach Partner in crime..

Hey im 23 and i need a partner who is doing south beach phase 1 again.. lol
Ive done so many different diets but somehow i always return to sb because it works best for me. I know it works, this diet has helped me lose in the past i just need someone to help me along to go through the motions , complain about exercising while doing it and help me stay focus. Im not asking you to work miricles just to be a friend/partner in cime... and i promise to do the same...

Last edited by TIARA; 04-20-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/166/140

Height: 5 ft 8

Count me in girl. Hit me up!

Cheers.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/226/160

Height: 5'10

Count me in too. We're right about the same weight and goal too!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #4  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

awesome ill message you

Last edited by TIARA; 04-20-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #5  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

dthefashionista...I couldnt message you.. i think your too new to get messages so ill post on here...

Hey so My name is Tiara, im 23 with no kids and from hawaii.
Im on day 3 of phase 1. So far so good. my current weight is 237.6. but its slowly going down....

Tell me a little about yourselfs. looking forward to getting to know you..
Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Hey Tiara, it looks like you've already got a couple people signed up as buddies, but in case you'd like the extra help, seems like our situation is similar, so in case you want more people on your buddy system, lol, my name is Ashley and I'm 25. I'm on day 5 of Phase 1 and my current weight is 242
Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #7  

I'm loving this buddy thing! So hey Tiara and Ashley! My name is Danielle and I just turned 25. No kids engaged and living in Washington. I started SB on 4/12. I'm thinking of sticking out Phase 1 for an extra week. I'm weighing in at about 231 right now (Down from 280 in Sept!!!)
The hardest part for me so far is all of a sudden all my friends want to do things...I swear it's been MONTHS since any one has asked me to go out for drinks and then sure enough I start dieting and BAM everyone is all about cocktail hour. LOL I figure I have to stick out the no alcohol thing for at least 2 weeks or I might have a problem deeper than the food

What's been your biggest struggle so far?

Last edited by DtheFashionista; 04-21-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:42 AM   #8  

Oh PS, Tiara I love your goals. My goal is to hit 215 by June so I can order my wedding dress. (It's going to be tough but I know I can do it!)
Old 04-21-2011, 05:38 AM   #9  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Hey ashley and danielle .. ill keep this open to chat with you guys on seeing as i cant message you both yet. but its very nice to meet you.

danielle.. wow thats awesome. I swear the same thing always happends to me. My friends have a special radar that knows when im doing well then all the bday partys and lunch dates start. Like now im still in the beginning stage of pase 1 and easter is around the corner then i have 2 bdays on the 28 and another on the 3 & 4. Then my friends and i will be staying at a hotel for a weekend. My plan is to be faithful to my phase 1 . But during the hotel weekend i may have one free meal.

THanks... Youll be able to do it. positive thinking will help you get there..

I do the sb diet with calorie counting. I try to only eat 1200 calories a day. Somedays i go over but this meathod works for me.

A little about myself im single.. Have always been single.. blush..lol I work as a prep cook. So im constintly surrounded by food. I also bake alot at my job and ill tell you sometimes its a true test of my will power to just make it with out sampling the finish product.. lol

Im looking forward to losing with you all...
Im planning to walk 2 miles 2mo.. wish me luck.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #10  

Danielle and Tiara, I know exactly what you mean about life and friends sometimes making this hard! I'm already stressing about a week and a half from now, where I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding...I keep telling myself this is a good thing because it will give me a last-minute boost to look a little better in my dress, but I'm already stressed about staying on plan at the event (she's having an entire dessert bar for pete's sake!). But I've realized it'll be my first day of phase 2, so I figure a few sips of champagne to celebrate and some fruit at dessert will work out well!

Danielle, that's an exciting goal about ordering your wedding dress, when's the big day? And Tiara, I'm not sure I'd have the willpower to be around lots of baked goods right now, lol! I love baking as well, but I'm taking this time to learn to become comfortable with cooking proteins (and I've only set off my smoke detector twice so far!...), so hopefully I'll become more comfortable with that soon...

And a little more about me...I'm single (definitely lacking the self-confidence at this point, hoping that one of the major by-products of changing my lifestyle will be to improve my confidence and put myself out there more), and I currently work in Human Resources (absolutely a sit-at-a-desk job), but I'll be going back to school in August for my Masters degree! So I definitely want to head back to school feeling as healthy and confident as I can, so I'm pretty determined to stick with it!

I'm just starting day 6 today - food has been going well (though my vegetable drawer in my fridge is beyond capacity, lol), but I need to start integrating more exercise. I love walking outside, but it's been rainy most of this week and I definitely use that as an excuse not to work out. I'll have to be sure to get off my butt today!

Good luck with the 2 miles today Tiara, looking forward to hearing about everyone's day!

PS - Oh, and my biggest struggle? In the past it's absolutely that the moment I fall off the plan I convince myself that I've ruined everything and just start binging on junk food until I've fallen COMPLETELY off the wagon! I need to remind myself that mistakes and eating off the plan are inevitable, and that I just need to get back on track ASAP rather than thinking it's ruined! How about you guys?

Last edited by ILRPinkGirl; 04-21-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #11  

Tiara: I cheated a little on my birthday last week and had some cake I truly feel like anything in moderation is fine. I just normally lack that moderation part. I'm not going to have a serving of Cheetos...I'm going to eat the whole damn bag.
I'm wishing you lots of luck on your walk. Are you walking outside? I do so much better exercising when the weather is nice and I can start walking outside. I hate the treadmill! My fiance and I took the dog for a walk on Tuesday night and ended up walking 2.5 miles. I think when you're outside and you have a partner it just goes by faster. Do you have a walking partner?

Also props to you for not eating all those yummy baked goods. I love chocolate cake!(Too bad I'm allergic to gluten and have to eat nasty gluten free chocolate cake now!)

Ashley: The wedding is September 10th. I'm getting so excited yet so nervous there is a ton left to do. You'd think I'd have it all done by now we've been engaged for 2 years, but noooooo I'm not happy unless I'm scrambling at the last minute. I'm also super excited about the dress, because... I never went to any formal dances when I was in high school and have never worn any sort of formal dress. I'm so excited. I know my fiance is probably going to fall over since I don't usually dress up too often. Also congrats on going back for your masters. I've been done with school since 2008 and I cannot bring myself to go back. I just had to write a grant for work which is basically like home work and I thought why would I ever put myself through this again, but I know I will be going back in the next year or two.

As for a bit more about me: I work as a Program Coordinator/Job Coach for a welfare to work program. It's a really fun job but I do sit at a desk the majority of the week. Also I used to be so shy until I met my fiance (online..which just totally weirds me out to say that still) during my senior year of college. He is doing this diet with me it's funny (and sad in a way) to see pictures of us over the last 3 years..we expand and one shrinks then the other then we expand. We've decided that this is a diet we can truly make a lifestyle.

My exercise goal is to do some sort of exercise every night, tonight I am hoping the weather holds out so I can take my dog for a walk...if not I'll be doing some pilates on Netflix Instant.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #12  

Danielle, my dad is allergic to gluten too...I have no idea how "on plan" this is, but have you ever tried Gluten Free Pantry's Chocolate Brownies? I've tried them and I find them to be just as good (if not better) than regular brownies...probably not an everyday item on our new plan, but maybe an option for a treat.

And I have instant Netflix as well, never realized there were workouts on there, I'll have to take a look! I just did 2 miles outside over my lunch break...it was nice to get the fresh air, but the wind is ridiculous today, I felt like I was about to get knocked over a few times!

Also, my post count isn't high enough to share links yet, but if you look on the SB forum for the thread that starts "Holy Mac!" there's a link in there to a recipe for Phase 1 Belgain Waffles/Pancakes, and they completely made my morning! Yum!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRPinkGirl View Post
Also, my post count isn't high enough to share links yet, but if you look on the SB forum for the thread that starts "Holy Mac!" there's a link in there to a recipe for Phase 1 Belgain Waffles/Pancakes, and they completely made my morning! Yum!
My fiance and I had breakfast for dinner and made that recipe. It was really yummy! I've tried the brownies and those are pretty good, but I like my brownies with walnuts and sadly...deathly allergic to nuts (All these allergies developed about a year and a half ago)!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #14  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Ashley.. I agree walking outside smelling the fresh salt air.( I walk a block away from the beach.) is totally awesome but today i have to do a few errons and will have to settle for walking 2miles on my moms treadmill.. lol But im hopeing to go for a walk 2mo if i dont finish too late from work.
Im a binger too. I struggle with not falling off even a little because if i do i know its only going to go down hill from there. Ive noticed the 1 week is the hardest to resist the urge to cheat but if i cant stay strong the next few weeks is a breeze. But the key is getting through the 1st week.

Hope youll be able to do an exercise today...

Im hopeing that by losing this weight i will gain the confidence to put myself out there. My sister is in the process of trying to get me to talk to her boyfriends friend. but i feel so self concious.... ill let you guys know how that ends. lol

Danielle.. Thanks.. one trick to not being tempted to dip my finger in the cake batter is to chew gum,, haha when ever i bake youll see that im chewing some sf gum..lol

Im lactose intolerent but i cant seem to stay away from ice cream. Id gladly give up milk but tell tell i have to give up icecream and im in tears..Im glad they have pills to take so i wont get sick when i do want to have it on my cheat days.

Do you have an idea of the type of style wedding dress you want?
Ive alwayed love the strapless wedding dress idea with no puff on the bottom since ive got plenty of my own..But hey i think i should work on getting the man before the dress .lol

Im not really adventurous with my meals they pretty much consist of protein and veggies. I eat a lot of tuna and turkey since thay are low calorie foods.

I have to say i did make the peanutbutter cookies. i found on here. I believe all you need in an egg , splenda and peanut butter. they were very good but its hard to stop after 2.

I will check back in 2night hoe you are all enjoying today

Last edited by TIARA; 04-21-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #15  

Danielle, that's not cool about the allergies developing later in life, I didn't even realize that was possible! How awful to have favorite foods you suddenly can't eat (and not because of choosing to be on a diet, but having a deathly allergy!).

I'm curious, do you have a favorite pilates workout from Netflix? I've never even tried pilates before and would be interested in giving it a go. I looked briefly at other Netflix workouts and added a group of 10-minute aerobic dance classes to my queue, hopefully those will be fun to try the next rainy day! But today I did get out for a 2 mile walk, and am going hiking with a friend tomorrow, so that's some guaranteed exercise! Also tried an easy recipe today (Shrimp with Garlic, Basil, and Tomatoes) that was delicious! I did South Beach once before - about five years ago - and I used to HATE seafood. For certain things (shrimp, tilapia, etc) I've grown to like them over the past few years, so I'm excited that opens up some new options this time around!

And you're right Tiara, I think the first week is by far the hardest, so I'm thrilled to be at the end of day 6! However, it's easy to be motivated the first week because the weight drops so much more quickly, whereas the motivation can slow down in phase 2 where the weight drops at a more reasonable level. So I'll definitely have to work to avoid the binging, accept my mistakes when I make them, and move on.

And how funny about the SF gum, I imagine I'd do the exact same thing! I'm not sure how I'd get through my day without some SF gum, let alone when there's a bunch of unhealthy food staring at me! Good luck with the exercise today, hope it goes well amongst the errands!
Closed Thread