Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Talking I got back my weight loss mojo (and beat a 6 week plateau!)

I've been on a plateau for over 6 weeks now and I've been stress about it a lot (see http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-plateaus.html). I've worked at changing up my exercise routine (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...-x-posted.html and http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...tribution.html) and even tried calorie counting, which I really suck at in general (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...so-hungry.html).

Anyway, this week I just was so frustrated so I stopped. I ate more bread than I normally do and I even snuck an entire Milka bar on Tues. (NOT good because hiding food was really an issue for me before and I have not done that since this past summer). I also haven't been able to exercise as much either.

Then on Thurs. I had to run to the mall to pick up somethings and I decided to try on some clothes at a store that I use to gauge my progress (I can't afford their clothes yet but I plan on getting my outfits there once I reach my goal). Anyways, clothes that did not fit a few weeks DID fit and they looked great! I even ended up buying a tank top in a M because it was really cheap and I desperate needed something to wear underneath all my shirts that are too big for me.

Ever since then it's like something just clicked for me. I've been eating better and have gone back to intuitive eating low/no sugar and my scale has finally been showing 190lbs (I was stuck at 192 for a long time). Add to that today I decided to just run (not to HIIT, which is what I normally do) and I was able to run so much faster and longer, almost effortlessly. I even ran for 5 min at just under a 7mile/hour pace and I can't even remember the last time I was able to do that on a treadmill!

I'm not actually sure what pulled me out of my funk. Maybe it was all those extra carbs this week? Maybe it was because I couldn't work out as much as normal this week (was busy finishing my taxes amongst other things) or because I've taking bigger breaks between lifting sessions (but staying there longer during the session itself)? Maybe it's simply the positive thinking from finally fitting in what I feel is a "normal" size (42)? I don't know, but I'm sure happy about it!!!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Congrats on getting your mojo back! It sounded like you just needed a mental break from dieting. I know that it's pretty easy to hit a wall. But you seem to have moved through the hiatus wonderfully by maintaining what you had originally lost!! That is a great accomplishment considering how you were feeling at the time. But I am certainly glad you are back with us --- not that you really ever left!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #3  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

Congrats on breaking the plateau. Those are so stressful. In the past, hitting a plateau has always caused me to get discouraged and eventually give up altogether. Hopefully, when I hit my first plateau this time around, I will get through it as well as you did.
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244.4/195/159

Height: 5"6.5'

That is awesome! It is hard breaking a plateau. I got stuck for 6 weeks also so I know how miserable it is, but once it broke...it really broke. I hope yours does as well!
luvnmycstie is offline   Reply With Quote