Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

Default Oh no, limited edition food!!

It's easter time and here in the UK that means Cadbury's limited editions. Creme eggs (still available in some places year round, but not as easy to get), mini-eggs, caramel eggs, dairy milk eggs, Eggheads... and then there are the Lindt eggs and all the limited edition cakes.

I want to fill the pantry with one of each but I know that is going to end badly. On the plus side, if I don't eat them now I can't have any. On the downside... if I don't eat them now I can't have any!!
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #2  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Cadbury easter eggs are 100% evil, there's no way around it. That and the Milka ones that you can get in Germany filled with chocolate cream that has a minature spoon.

Thankfully where I live now they don't have any of my favorites available!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

They may be limited edition but they appear every year so, why not tell yourself that if you really want one of whatever next year, then you'll buy it then?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Oh I know your pain! I started dieting in mid February; 1 week before Girl Scout Cookies came out. .. It was horrible! I still ate some, I just didn't cut through 4 boxes in 2 weeks like usual. I say EAT THE DAMN Cadbury. At least 1 or 2.. Moderation is the key, yes?
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I love those cadbury candy coated chocolate eggs. Everyday I want to buy a bag but I haven't done so YET! I think I ate 10 bags of them last year.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I like the caramel cadbury eggs, and I have had one already this year, but I just work it into my calories. If I want it, I reward myself. And let me tell you, it was totally worth it
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #7  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

I'm boycotting them altogether. If one has the opportunity to turn into 100 I'll wait till next year when I'm all skinny with a six pack and can afford to eat it
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

I have a closet filled with easter candy for the kid's baskets. I don't like Cadbury, but Reese PB eggs are another story. I think I will have one on Easter.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

None for me this year! Maybe not ever again. But I'm not too torn up about it. I think having a healthy body is worth it.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #10  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I don't deny myself things that I really like and that I'm really craving, because I know how I am -- if I deprive myself of them, I'll end up eating half a dozen when I could have done with one.

That said, the only Easter candy that I really LOVE are those Reese's peanut butter eggs. I've allowed myself a few since they came out, and I'll probably get a couple for Easter. I've worked it out (I'm on WW) and each one of those is 4 points. I either work it into my DP for that day, or use some of my WPs for it.

I've learned the hard way that total deprivation does not work for me. That's why I've *got* all this weight to lose. *L*
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #11  
is chubby

I don't know if I should feel lucky or cursed we do not have any of those delicassies here
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Freeze them! I feel like what prompts me to start chomping everything I can get my grubby hands on is feeling like I only have one chance to eat something. It's why parties and buffets are my downfall... I feel like I have to try everything before it gets gobbled up.

It's why taking Tupperware with me to work to take home a small slice of cake or pizza if there's a party and FREEZING limited edition items works wonders for me. Knowing that I can always have it at some point, it's safely in my possession for no one to eat before I can taste it, helps a lot.

Carnal, I know. But it works.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Another vote for Reese's PB eggs!!!! Those are my "limited edition" candy of choice, and they're available for a variety of holidays - eggs at Easter, trees at Christmas, pumpkins at Halloween . . . am I forgetting some?

I've had ONE this year. I made a ginormous production out of it - planned it into my calories, made a special stop at the store to buy it, put it in the freezer until it was nice and hard, then ate it after dinner. TOTALLY worth it.

I've had to stop myself about 265,210 times from buying more, or a whole bag. That would not end well. But I'm going to have one more on Easter, then say good-bye to them until the next holiday!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMusic View Post
Another vote for Reese's PB eggs!!!! Those are my "limited edition" candy of choice, and they're available for a variety of holidays - eggs at Easter, trees at Christmas, pumpkins at Halloween . . . am I forgetting some?
Yes....Valentine heart Reese! LOL For some reason though, I have never tried a PB tree, heart, or pumpkin. They only came around once a year back in the day. They aren't really limited edition anymore, but still it's the eggs that get me, childhood nostalgia.

I am with you guys on the freezing. I tried to totally avoid the Girl Scout cookies, but the thought of not having a GS cookie for two full years got to me, and I finally broke down and bought a box of thin mints, put them in the freezer six weeks ago, and have only eaten two servings since.

Okay. I am not coming back to this thread because it is triggering my want for Easter candy, and it is readily available about 15 feet from where I am sitting.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I say if you really want it that bad, make yourself work for it. Buy one egg and put it in the closet and say "if i reach x days on plan i can have it" or "if i run x miles" or "if i do x pushups" --make it a challenge.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote