View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 07:19 PM   #13
Kanola
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default Congratulations!!

Congrats on the one year maintenance. You have accomplished an amazing feat. You should be sooooo proud!!

Just a comment on maintenance. My best friend in Canada lost 50 lbs on Weight Watchers, became a meeting leader and has maintained for a year. I did not see her during her journey, she started about a month before I left for Australia. She sent me photos when she reached goal, and kept me updated on her progress. She was my inspiration to walk through the door to a meeting. I saw her for the first time in 18 months at Christmas, and I could hardly recognize my friend. Every single time she walked into a room, I kept getting that totally 'wowed' look on my face. We had a chat about my reaction (and my hubby's who had met her before) and for her it was almost a renewal of what she had accomplished. Everyone else had come to accept the 'new' image and she did not get the reaction I had as often. She felt that I had given back to her that new feeling, the ones she had a year ago when she reached goal.

Guess we all need to keep reflecting on where we are and where we are going.

I am just looking forward to 'maintaing' this loss I keep working for!!

Thanks Meg, for your inspiring post, I will be coming back to this post for motivation during this journey!!

Nola.

------------------------------
Determined to reach Goal by March 1, 2006
Visit my online journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/kanola/
------------------------------
Measurement devices:
Daily - Use the Mirror
Weekly- Use the Scales
Monthly - Use the Camera
Annually - Use the Relatives