Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 08:20 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default ***Week of May 11th***

Good Morning All!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's!

Hope everyone's having a great week! What are you all doing today?

We're going to have dinner with my mom, brother, SIL, and kids, and Gran & Gramps tonight.

Yesterday was the big neighborhood garage sale by in IL's. Was fun, got some good clothes for Peter and an exersaucer. Wish I could've gotten more, but we didn't get there til noon.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:14 PM   #2  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Hope you all are having a great day. We are cooking out at home.

Rabbit
Old 05-11-2003, 07:50 PM   #3  

Happy Mother's Day!!!!! Hope all of you are having a great day. I was blessed with breakfast in bed, a long stem rose, and a trip to a Euro Spa for a swedish massage, facial, and parfin dip. I have never had a "spa" day before

Ellie
Old 05-12-2003, 09:57 AM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

Wow, Ellie, sounds like you had a great day!! Lucky Girl!! I got breakfast in bed last year, which was just a few days after I found out I was PG, but not this year. That's OK, I was up before DH anyway. He did bring me home a taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwich and OJ though.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:21 PM   #5  

hello all.

Ellie - woo hoo on spa day! Enjoy!

My sd got me a manicure & pedicure! I have one scheduled this week before graduation so it's a perfect gift.

I CANNOT BELIEVE MY DS GRADUATES FROM COLLEGE IN A FEW DAYS!

Pardon my obsession.

Rabbit
Old 05-12-2003, 05:41 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi Guys,

Ellie: Wow, nice Mother's Day!! Sounds like a wonderful treat.

Rabbit: The cookout sounds good too. Manicure/pedicure is my favorite pampering treat.

DH got me a huge basket of flowers for Mother's Day and we had brunch with his family. It was a nice day.

Hope everyone has had a super day.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #7  

Not many posts this week. Perhaps everyone is just enjoying the spring weather?

Doing pretty good this week - hoping for a loss on Thursday.

Rabbit
Old 05-14-2003, 04:06 PM   #8  

This has been a slow week. It has really heated up here, we hit 102 yesterday, first triple digits this year. It has been unusually cool here for this time of year. Last week we were in the 70's. It is also very cloudy which makes it rather yukky.

Rabbit - I am sending you weight loss vibes

I haven't decided when I am going schedule my 'spa' day but it will be soon

I found out that my best friend since 6th grade is going to be a grandma Definately not ready for that!

Take care,
Ellie
Old 05-15-2003, 11:14 AM   #9  
LBH

Hey All,

I'm having a tough couple weeks weight wise. I've been under a bit of stress with bills and budgeting...we're kind of barely keeping our heads above water right now. We're working on a serious budget venture, trying to get better control of things. Not sure if I'm gonna bother weighing this week...it's not worth it to see the gain, or maintain.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:52 PM   #10  

thanks for the weight loss vibes Ellie but I skipped my weigh in. I had a bad day, emotionally. Ds is graduating saturday from college and my mom wanted to have the party at her house. She lives about an hour away from his school and most of my family still live there whereas I live 2.5 hours away, so I thought great, let's do that. Big mistake and I should have known better. She is not the most dependable person. So ofcourse I had her do nothing for the party (can't count on her) and I am taking care of everything, except the place to have it.

I called her this morning and she sounded weird. She said, well it rained and they didn't get the asphalting done so they were still going to do it but we wouldn't be able to walk on it and the driveway & entrance to the garage would all be roped off and we'd just set up a tent somewhere else. This is a big problem! We are having an outdoor party, cooking out on this big wagon tailgater thing of my cousins, my mom has a tiny house, it is supposed to rain, her yard is small. I got off the phone and cried. Could not believe she was doing this. Tried to find someplace to move the party. Expecting around 100 people. My dad and his wife don't want to have it (they live there also). I did not ask him, but I could tell. Peace, I just want peace and serenity.

anyway, I think it is all worked out. Now they said we can walk on it and they are setting up the tent in front of the garage as originally planned and we will have access to the garage incase of rain. It is not like we've had little showers lately, rather is has been torrential downpours and tornadoes - a tent just may not be enough.

I have learned my lesson and will not make this mistake again. This party is so important to me for his graduation, you know? I am still frazzled, but think everything will be fine.

So wish me well! I'll let you know how it goes . . .

Rabbit
Old 05-16-2003, 09:24 AM   #11  
LBH

OH Rabbit, hang in there hon!! Is there anywhere else you could use, like a local firehouse, women's club, or Knight's hall? I sure hope all works out OK for you! Just try and relax, I know it's soo important to you, but you know what? Your son loves you and knows you want to have it all perfect, but I'm sure he'd be happy just knowing you tried your best! Take a deep breath and know that it'll be OK no matter what happens!!
Old 05-16-2003, 10:38 AM   #12  

Lauren - Thanks for the encouraging words! EXACTLY what I needed to hear. And you're right, ds will be happy no matter what. He doesn't even really care if we have a party - he calls it my "I raised a college graduate party". LOL

He's the one who counts. I'm more relaxed today, it'll be fine I'm sure. Maybe one day I can laugh about it . . .

I plan to enjoy his graduation to the utmost!

Rabbit
Old 05-16-2003, 11:12 AM   #13  

Rabbit - I can't put it any better than Lauren did
It will all work out fine, you'll see. I know how you feel and that you want everything to be perfect for DS It is all in how you define 'perfect'....it is the effort that you put into it and I think you get an A

LBH - I am sorry you are going through such a tough time I hope things look up soon.

I didn't measure today because I am retaining water from weight lifting I increased in both leg extensions and bicep curls and feel 'hulky' again. My arms are like rocks

Rabbit - I am also sending you clear sky vibes

Where is everyone else this week?

Ellie
Old 05-16-2003, 01:20 PM   #14  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've been kind of in the dumps about the whole weight issue and thinking about giving up and just trying to be healthy not worry about the weight. But I don't know I know to be healthy I need to be lighter. I'll work it out eventually.

We leave on vacation Sun am. We rented an RV and are taking the dogs. This should be very interesting. Usually we kennel them and tent camp, but I'm getting too old to tent camp all the time (or lazy).

I've been reading the posts but can't remember much (I didn't think old age would set in yet ). So forgive me if I miss you.

Rabbit - Relax it'll be great. I agree with LBH your DS will apretiate it no matter what happens. And if stuff isn't perfect no one will notice but you so just relax and breath. (mind you this is not advise I'm good at taking myself )

LBH - Good luck on getting the budget under control. We're commited to looking at that when we get back .

RR - Happy belated Anniversary. I can't believe it's been 2 years already.

Karen - Congrats on the baby!!!!!

Ellie - 102 in May yikes! Lately we've been extatic when it's 70, although sunny is a plus. I couldn't live in the desert.

To all the mom's - Hope you had a great mother's day!

Here's sending everyone good vibes and wishing you all a great week next week and a super holiday .

-Tech
Closed Thread