Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #1  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Default HUGE Eye Opener!

Hey ladies and gents,

So last night was a very awesome night for me! As of latley, I have been very down about my progress. I try very hard to keep my mind in a good place, and always stay positive.. but I gotta tell ya, easier said than done!

I cannot get the number on the scale to go down. I have been doing 2x a days for about a month and a half, and been eating low-no carb for a month! And still, nothin!

Now, I know that I am not alone when I say that despite what others say, when I look in the mirror I still see room for HUGE improvment. Its like the person I see, and the person that others see is a completely different person. I have never NEVER been thin or in shape. I have always been the chunky one. Even as a child/teenager. Up until I had my son, I was chunky. I cannot remember being under a size 10 or 12, even at 15-16 years old. When I got pregnant, I lost a lot of weight (due to terrible nausea), and wore a size 8 pair of jeans the day I went in to labor (with a rubber band holding the button of course). By the time my son was 6 months old- I had gained about 35 pounds (putting me at 155ish) which given my height isnt too bad, but it was purley fat. I didnt have muscle at all! By the time my son was 4 I had gained another 31 pounds, putting me at 186lbs! Size 14 (and sometimes those were snug).

I have two trainers. One of them is a gal who has lost about 50 pounds. She started at 196- and she is now about 145. It is motivation for me to see her results and prgress and strive for that! When I look at her, I think she looks awesome! She is thin, and toned. And I want that for myself... well.. I am happy to say that last night when I got my measurments done, my waist, and hips are the SAME size as hers, and my arms are an inch SMALLER! WTHeck!?!

I feel sooo much better about myself knowing that I am a lot smaller than my foolish "never good enough" mind allows me to see. I am still about 20 pounds heavier than her but I figure thats made up by a combination of things- I am C cup- she is an A cup. I have a big ghetto booty (smaller, but still out there, not much we can do there) and I am also 4inches taller.

Just wanted to share my little "happy moment". And I suppose encourage people to not pay attention to what the scale, or even the mirror says. Our minds really do us in sometimes. I am completely thrilled that I was able to see this, it totally changed my mental mind set!

Thanks for listening!!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

One size definitely does not fit all- I'm in the high 180s low 190s and people I know who are 10-20 lbs lighter than me wear the same size. I'm currently in a size 14 btw.

Glad you are happy with your results so far
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Don't you just love those moments? Congrats on your amazing progress It's only going to get better from here!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #4  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks ladies! I absoloutly love those moments!!

I am learning everyday to just love my body, no matter where it is!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I does seem like we're always less impressed by ourselves than other who accomplish the same thing. But that's ok b/c we can always decide that we should get the full credit for our efforts and make ourselves pay up!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #6  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendeeLou View Post
Thanks ladies! I absoloutly love those moments!!

I am learning everyday to just love my body, no matter where it is!
Fantastic! I love reading your posts here... you are always upbeat and motivational. Even though I don't post or respond a lot just wanted you to know that you are helping others with your progress and killer attitude!!
melissakd is offline   Reply With Quote