General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #1  
Wear 9/10 by 9/10/11!!

S/C/G: 160/158/130or9-10inPants

Height: 5'4

Default Im sort of lost

I started Fullbar yesterday. It did exactly as it said- made me feel full and i ate less. I took it and waited 30mins before eating....today i ate it with lunch instead of waiting and now i am sitting here eating a 3rd slice of pizza, wondering i can push the 4th. Tomorrow im waiting the 30mins.
In addition to FB, since it makes me less hungry, what foods should i be eating to help lose weight? I dont eat meat (except chicken) and i like fruits and veggies. I got a bunch of the 100cal packs yesterday for those after dinner cravings. I also dont really know what to do for exercise. Is walking enough? riding a bike? Im lost.
Morethananumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Morethananumber. We're very similar in stats. I'm 5'4" and my beginning weight is similar to yours. I've lost about ten pounds with counting calories. I try to stay around 1200-1300 a day. I also walk/jog for 1/2 an hour a day. That's really not much exercise and I probably need to increase it to continue to see a weight loss. I also have removed most of my sugar intake along with white flour foods. No breads and very little pasta. I think if you watch your calories and walk every day, you will see a steady loss.
nomorenachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #3  
Wear 9/10 by 9/10/11!!

we make homemade bread, i wonder how the calories compare to grocery store bread? I do eat spaghetti/lasagna, but today at the grocery store i noticed they have these new boxes of pasta but they are portioned, so i got a box (found at walmart in the pasta aisle). I figured that way I can have a portion, instead of ladles full.

We live out in the country, finding a place to walk is sort of hard, but i did find out there is a trail at what use to be a park down the street and I was going to check that out Sunday, since the weather will be nice. Not sure how long it is, but i guess any distance is good? Should i walk or should it be a brisk walk? I dont do running, just cant get into it. We have a treadmill, but it doesnt work.

Is diet pop really better than normal? I know Water is best. I can drink any diet pop except Diet Mt Dew, I cant stand the taste.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

First, diet pop is better but as you said, water is the best. Try to eliminate all regular pop first and then slowly decrease the diet pop. Also, I'm not sure about homemade bread, but if you're using white flour instead of whole grains, it's probably not great. Maybe just cut down the servings you eat. Finally, it is very difficult to eat one portion of spaghetti. We actually had spaghetti for dinner tonight and a serving size is 2 oz. of dry spaghetti. When you put that in a bowl with a half of a cup of sauce, you'll probably be dismayed at how little it really is. I suggest eating a large salad with your portion of pasta. The real problem with breads and pasta for me is that I get hungrier after I eat them.

Edit: I forgot to mention exercise. Just start out walking for as long as you can. Don't worry about distance so much but focus on moving. You don't have to go really fast if you don't want to. Any exercise is better than none and you can walk anywhere. You could walk around your yard if you want.

Last edited by nomorenachos; 04-15-2011 at 10:10 PM.
nomorenachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #5  
Wear 9/10 by 9/10/11!!

im not sure, we use bread flour.

Hubby fixed the treadmill!!!! I got on it tonight for about 10min and walked/jogged .45mi and burned 47 calories (according to the treadmill). I hate jogging/running, but i thought id try it. Ill stick to walking.