Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3

Question All i need is 20lbs gone..getting discouraged.

I don't have a whole lot to lose. Just 20lbs but I hate it and the extra weight from having a baby 5 months ago its buggin the crud out of me!
I started watching my calories but one day ill lose a lb then the next day its back-then gone again. Is this pointless?
YoungMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 306/240/140

Height: 5'5

No, it's not pointless. You didn't gain those pounds overnight and they won't disappear overnight either.

Your weight can shift depending on the time of day, what you ate the night before, TOM, etc. Continue to weigh yourself every day but pick one day a week where you can gauge how much you've really lost. For example, my "gauge" day is Friday. So if I weighed in at 242 last Friday and weigh in at 239 1/2 this Friday, it doesn't matter as much if my weight shifted up and down during the week because I've still had a loss of 3 pounds. Does that make sense?
Kaonashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

well your so tiny it's going to take a lot more work for you to lose weight then it would be for someone who is overweight. lucky for you though your short so every pound lost will make a much bigger difference in appearence then it would for someone whose taller unfortunately that works both ways which is probably one of the reasons the 15lbs is such a big deal to you. how many calories are you eating? what are you doing for exercise?
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3

Kaonashi- Thanks!! That does make alot of sense. Im going to make myself a gauge day too!
Niafabo- Yea, being short makes 20 pounds a big deal lol I need to be taller! I have been trying to stay at 1,000-1,200 calories a day. I have failed at that a few days but am pushing it. Exercise Is my HARDEST part I work 8-5 then Im with my babies all night. When they finally go to bed I usually fall on the couch and dont move. But I do walk alot during.
YoungMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Well it sounds like your eating in the right range. Lack of sleep will definitely hurt your weight loss efforts. Have you tried walking the little ones around in the stroller in the evening or when they get fussy and don't want to sleep? Walking may not be the most strenous exercise but every little bit helps.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I'm 10 months postpartum.

It wasn't until my son started sleeping more at night (2 quick night feeds) that the weight started to shift. Lack of sleep takes a huge toll on weight loss - being an insomniac is one thing, but when your body NEEDS and WANTS sleep, but you cannot because of your babies, it's much worse.

I would suggest higher calories - I am losing steadily on 1400. Your body needs energy and fuel when you are still so soon postpartum (I assume you are not nursing if your calories are so low), plus you are working so much and exercising, you will burn yourself out.

It takes a long time to shift baby weight. Be consistent, focus on getting the rest and eating well but not too little, and more time!!! Good luck!

And lastly, you will be lucky to see .5-1lb per week loss at the very most at your size. No more than that or else you're dealing in muscle loss and subsequently, a smaller but still jiggly figure. You want fat loss, not muscle loss. Daily fluctuations are 100% normal and not a sign of fat gain.

Also you say 'babies' - twins? That must be so much more difficult. Please give yourself a reasonable time frame I'm reaching my 'satisfactory' figure at 10 months, nowhere near it at 5 months! And I work darn hard!

Last edited by sacha; 04-15-2011 at 05:45 PM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Oh hunny, 5 months! Give yourself a break. Honestly I didn't get serious about losing weight til my DS was over a year and I was close to weaning. Enjoy this time with your infants, trust me it goes by so fast, and when you've really settled in just eat well day 1200-1400 of seriously good food and then exercise, whatever works for you. And if you're nursing right now, especially more that one, 1000-1200 cals is not enough, you're supply will plummet at that level. Good luck!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #8  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Ditto the previous posters. Please give yourself a break. I really was unable to work full time, balance my newborn, and lose weight. It was just too much for me.

By the time my daughter was a little over a year, sleeping more at night, and a little more independent, I've had much more success at losing weight. Take care of yourself!!! You have a lot on your plate!
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #9  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Every pound does matter when u are short I am only 5 ft tall and I have lost only 6 lbs but I can see a difference. I am 41 lbs overweight but I know that I will look better each day that I keep trying so it will get easier

Last edited by j0lamo01; 04-17-2011 at 08:26 PM.
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote