Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #1  
ASF

Unhappy It was all going so well...

Had a really bad day yesterday! A bit of a 'feeling sorry for my self day' yesterday! Till yesterday, things have been going really well weight loss wise! Diet and exercise have been on track and weight has been coming off steadily. Weighed in on sunday morning and was down 4lbs, which was great, I was really happy with that. But, yesterday I fell off the waggon BIG TIME ate a tub of BnJ Half baked, a chocolate brownie, chips and chicken nuggets....NONE of which is on my plan!

My bf came home and saw the wrappers. He came and asked if I was ok. I said that I was sick of the diet and couldnt do it anymore and had pretty much given up. I asked him to email my trainer and cancel my session today - I said to say I was ill or something! He wrote an email to my trainer, but didnt cancel instead he told him what was going on. I got a call from my trainer this morning to tell me to bring a waterproof jacket becuase he wanted to train outside today. I said I wasn't feeling well, and he said "all you need is a bit of fresh air and exercise!". I knew I couldn't get out of it so had no choice but to go!

I decided not to tell my trainer about the yesterday and thought I could just forget about the whole thing. Todays workout was the hardest workout he's ever had e do! He's always strict with my training but he has never pushed me this hard not just physically! It got to the point where I didn't think I could do anymore but he didn't seem to care and kept pushing me! ! I kept saying "I cant" and he just said that we weren't done until i finished the workout. At one point I looked at him and said I can't do it...and tears just started rolling down my face. Was not expecting that! He came and sat down and asked what was going on. My answer was I ate junk yesterday! He looked at me, smiled and said no, what's going on! He wanted to know the reason for my binge but I didnt have one. He said that he wasnt going to let me give up and that everyone has slip ups. But he said that I needed to try and identify why so that I could move on from it. After that he actually made me finish the workout!

Since I came home I cant stop thinking about what he said...I cant work out why? Part of me doesnt care and wants to give up....but another part wants to carry on, coz I've lost about 37lbs in 8 weeks and ive started to enjoy working out. I'm really confused.

Sorry for the rediculously long post... just need to vent!
ASF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

So, have you figured out why you were having a bad day that made you want to binge? Identify it today, recognize it tomorrow before it's too late.
Your bf did you a huge favour - what a sweetie!
Your trainer also did you a favour - making you push thru it. Just because you fell down in your food, doesn't mean you get to give up everything. Get up, keep going.
We're here for you - post when you want to binge.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #3  
On a weight loss journey

Height: 5'2"

I've done this so many times before and for me, the fact that I was losing and everything was going great scared the crap out of me.

I self-sabotaged because in my case, weight is a security blanket and I was scared to lose it. I am now at a place where losing weight doesn't freak me out because I spent a painful year dealing with a lot of "stuff."

I think your trainer was on to something when he said "what's going on" because there is definitely a reason you are feeling this way. It could be something super simple, or years of repressed feelings like it was for me.

Maybe some self-reflection will help you through this.

Also, kudos to your bf for being so supportive!
HappilyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #4  
Lani Loves Lettuce!

S/C/G: 381/361/351

Your trainer and boyfriend sound like they're both an amazing support to you. It seems like you've hit a bit of a wall, you can either do one of three things.
1. Go on an epic binge, give up the exercise and gain some of that loss back.
2. Go on maintainence calories for a while take it a little easier and let your head catch up with your body. Not losing but not gaining either.
3. Push through it, keep working hard and losing.

I hope you make the right choice for you and congrats on the 38lbs loss!
Focused Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #5  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Huh. Well, the whole thing sounds very "Biggest Loser" to me, not that that is a bad thing, because I love that show. But it does remind me of a "Jillian gets to the core of the problem" moment.

Okay, every once in awhile, a day like that comes along. For me and me alone, there doesn't always have to be some deep, dark secret rearing it's ugly head through food cravings. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times since I started last May. I just want to frickin EAT, I don't know why, never really figured it out. Well, some wise woman here posted a question -- are you ever hungry right before a whoosh (quick drop) on the scale? I put 2 and 2 together, and each of the times I felt that way, voila, I had lost 3-5 lbs within a couple days of the hungries! Then there's hormone stuff to possibly consider, or maybe you ate something the day before yesterday that caused you to continue the cravings to the next day.

All I'm saying is that there could very well be a physiological reason for us having a day like that every now and then. If it IS emotional, I don't even think it's all THAT important to even figure it out. I think learning about ourselves, our triggers, etc, can be slowly figured out over time. Just pick yourself up the next day and get back to business. Which you totally did!

I'm glad you found the motivation to keep going from your trainer! Have a great rest-of-the-day!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #6  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmb View Post
Okay, every once in awhile, a day like that comes along. For me and me alone, there doesn't always have to be some deep, dark secret rearing it's ugly head through food cravings. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times since I started last May. I just want to frickin EAT, I don't know why, never really figured it out. Well, some wise woman here posted a question -- are you ever hungry right before a whoosh (quick drop) on the scale? I put 2 and 2 together, and each of the times I felt that way, voila, I had lost 3-5 lbs within a couple days of the hungries! Then there's hormone stuff to possibly consider, or maybe you ate something the day before yesterday that caused you to continue the cravings to the next day.

All I'm saying is that there could very well be a physiological reason for us having a day like that every now and then. If it IS emotional, I don't even think it's all THAT important to even figure it out. I think learning about ourselves, our triggers, etc, can be slowly figured out over time. Just pick yourself up the next day and get back to business. Which you totally did!
I agree with Shannon here. Like her (and also speaking only for myself) I don't think there is a deep-seated psychological reason for the days I overeat. But even if there is, I don't think finding that reason is necessarily a prerequisite for getting back on the horse and carrying on.

You are doing great, and will do great again - especially with that great support network you have. So just dust yourself off and move forward - one day is not going to make or break your entire process. You can work on finding the underlying psychology if there is one, but you don't have to find one right away, or ever, in order to lose the weight. Consistency is what matters, so just start a new day today and get right back on track.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #7  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

What a blessing to have such supportive people in your life!

Keep on keepin on! You deserve to work through your issues, because you're worth it!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/250/145

Height: 5'6"

I think it's awesome that you have such supportive people in your life! I remember the leader at a weight watchers meeting like 10 years ago saying something like "If you drop one egg from a carton, do you just throw the other 11 down?"

Congrats on the 38 pound loss, too! That's something to be very proud of!
casey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #9  
Trying again!

S/C/G: 179/172/139

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you've got a couple of keepers in your life, what great guys! I do the same thing sometimes, gotta just draw a line under and say keep going!
Theyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #10  
ASF

Hi guys.
Just wanted to say thanks for the support and advice. Reading your posts and talking to J my bf and my trainer has helped me get some prospective on stuff. You guys have reminded me how lucky I am to have J and also my trainer Mark. If I’m really honest, at first I was pretty annoyed at J. But we had a long chat after I posted the other day and now im really happy he sent that email. Its weird, its as if he knows me better than I know myself.

In the past, a day like tuesday would have been then end of my weight loss attempt, but not this time. When losing weight didn’t go to plan i just gave up. Major difference this time is that i have realised that one slip does NOT mean I’ve failed.

Made it to the gym today! Went to a boxing class...currently my fav workout. Anyway Im back on track and hoping to stay that way! Hopefully no more muck ups for a while!

LauraG: Thanks for highlighting the fact that both J and Mark did me a favour by not giving up. As for why? I still don’t know exactly but am thinking its a combination of stuff. Over the last few weeks I have a lot of stuff going on which i Haven’t been able to control and I think I tried ‘to brush it all under the carpet’, and just turned to junk food to help me! Well it didn’t. Will definetly post instead of heading to the shop next time!

HappilyMe: Thanks! This is probably going to sound a bit strange, but i don’t feel so “weird”, knowing that others have been through something similar I am definitely spend time on trying to get to the bottom of this so i can prevent it happening again! Self-reflection time is on the agenda for the next few days.

Focused Lani: Thank you! Your post made me realise exactly what I want... option 3. I decided that I wanted to get back on the wagon and carry on losing weight!

Shannonmb: Thanks! Never really thought of the physiological aspect. I reckon this might be more emotional because I wasn’t craving any of the stuff I ate....it was just the first stuff I picked up at the shop. I just kinda gave up and really want to figure out why....however long it takes.

Carter: Thanks for the support! In the past a slip up meant failure but like you said in the long run....one day doesn’t matter so much....its about consistency!

Txalupa: Thanks! U think you hit the nail on the head..its definitely a blessing to have all the support I have....3FC as well as J and Mark.

Casey87: Thanks! Your eggs analogy made me and J laugh. Because in the past I have done just that, well not with eggs but with assignments at uni. If I made one mistake on a hand written assignment I would literally rip that page up and start again....got over than stupid habit now! LOL!

Theyda: Dont think I’d have lost the weight i have without them,. There are moments where i really don’t like them, specially during a training session with Mark! But seriously Im oretty sure Id have given up without them. I have drawn a line under it and am moving on!

Thanks for all your support!!!

Sorry for the long post again!

Xxx

Last edited by ASF; 04-15-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Not finished typing, pressed enter by accident
ASF is offline   Reply With Quote