Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 10:31 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again..#332

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 05-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! I'm not even going to try to catch up. I've read some and I will finish reading, but there's no way I can reply to all that's been going on. Besides, if I did, some of it is so old that you guys wouldn't probably figure out what I'm talking about.

My food has been horrid lately. I'm sure it's the graduation party and then being away from home for the funeral for two days. Besides thinking, "what the ****, you've been bad for a week, why start over now. Wait until Monday." Then Monday is honey's 50th birthday and on Tuesday the oldest and I are taking honey for a whirlwind surprise day. (I'll tell you about it later...just in case honey reads in here. I'm thinking I'm safe, but just in case! )

So there are my excuses and I'm sure I'll be coming up with some more. Just don't have the 'whatever' to get back on track. Even though honey said he had a dream last night that we were having 'skinny people sex'! Not like we know what THAT is!!

I'm gonna run and put another load in the washer. I really enjoyed chat tonight for the little bit I was there. You all have a wonderful Mother's Day! I'll catch up with you later.

"Kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve." - Joseph Joubert
Old 05-10-2003, 11:39 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Well, I missed most of the chat with Thin, Mary, Amanda and Barb, but as I was wondering where everyone went (was it something i said?), Lucky popped in, so we "hung out" too.

Tina...I just have to tell you...you saved the day for some jackass I had to deal with today at HomeDepot. We went to price a window to replace the bay window in our living room. Some guy is coming on Monday, but I wanted an idea of prices and styles, first, before he got there. The moron in the window department was so rude and impatient with us, I was about to blow him off when I saw the #20 on his little Home Depot cap with a signature from you know who! I just had to laugh, thinking, "oh, he's lucky I know Tina and know what that number means to her!"

See how far reaching your "crush" is?
Old 05-11-2003, 12:17 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB

What I'm wondering is.....if Baylee wants to leave the thread, then why just not go instead of continuing to read and trying to start trouble?

If the backbiting doesn't stop....I'll contact Suzanne and this won't be an issue any longer. The crap we've been dealing with lately is not what this is supposed to be about.
I think that is a great idea.

Tina, you are a beautiful young woman inside and out. Your posts have made me laugh and have brought tears to my eyes. PLUS...you are so inspiring in this journey we call weight loss (I loathe the word 'diet' ). I've learned a lot from you and the other posters and the experiences, receipes, ideas, etc. are always appreciated by me, if not a certain person.

Sandy: Don't worry about what that person did. I saw it for what it was--a cheap stab meant to start trouble. Better to let sleeping dogs lie I've read your posts and I know you are a better person than that.

ALL RIGHTY THEN....on to other stuff!

Today, I just did some cleaning and laundry; then I rewarded myself for a job well done by giving myself a pedicure and manicure!

As you all know, Friday is my photo shoot, so I really have to watch my food this week. I am also in the process of becoming a county court appointed advocate for first-time, non-violent juvenile offenders. Hopefully, I will be able to tell you all more about this wonderful opportunity on Monday!

The thunderstorms here have been wild...the last few days I have been woken out of a dead sleep either in the middle of the night, or early morning hours. Yesterday morning, a clap of thunder shook the whole house !!! NO KIDDING! Of course, the first rumble of thunder, Tigger is under the sofa for hours, but Noah will sit in the window and watch the storms. Silly kitty
Old 05-11-2003, 03:04 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys !!! Sorry I have been gone for sooooo long but I spent a couple days in Missouri with my parents and when I got home my phone was out of order so I could not get online.
The repair guy is charging me $85 ++ to fix it... and then cut a wire wrong then left the house before checking all of my phones. So only half of my phones worked and I only got to read my email but not the thread when I had to get off line again to call the repair guy back out. I had to stay off the phone for him to call me.
It is now 2am and I finally got to read the 65 posts I missed.
Whew... that took forever.

There is sooooo much I want to respond to... but since it is soooo late and I am headed back to Missouri in a few hours I need to get to bed.
I think this will be the last Mothers Day I will be able to spend with my mom... so I have told my kids that although I love them... I feel I need to spend this day in Missouri instead of with them.
I know I was there Thurs and Friday too but I feel I need to go back again today. Hopefully my kids and I will have many many more to spend together. It is rough when you live in different states.

I do want to say that I feel very lucky to be here with you tonight.
Last night I spent with the tv weather announcers.
At 2am they announced that the center of a storm that had created many tornadoes that destroyed many homes previously that evening was now headed for my home town.
They announced the intersection where they felt the worst damage would occur.... And it was MY INTERSECTION !!!!
In fact... it was my back yard !!!!! We had 5 minutes to take cover !!!!
As you can see.... it did NOT touchdown a tornado as predicted and I am sooooo happy about that.

Tina.. I am writing you a PM. {{{ HUGS }}} But bottom line is... WE LOVE YOU HERE !!!!!

I want to share a few words of wisdom I learned from my mom... or someones mom. LOL They are now also words of wisdom from THE MOTHER HEN !!! LOL
Kindergartners can learn this... surely we grown women can.

1. If you can't say something nice.... then don't say anything at all.

2. If you won't say it to someones face... then don't be saying it behind their backs.

3. It doesn't matter what others think of you... what matters is what you think of yourself.

I will try to get to individual replys Sunday night or Monday morning.
I love you all.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:12 AM   #6  
I'm on my way!

SANDY DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE!!

Tina you know we all love you and feel for you. Please do what you have to do to get rid of that immature woman...we will all stand behind you 200%!! Only God knows she has nothing better to do with her life and it really is sad. Maybe her life is coming to an end who knows! But for a grown woman to act like that is so pathetic. She has no life...and she must be schizo...remember how she stopped posting off and on because of her nosey relative or whatever...well geesh...we should have realized it then!! But...being the caring, trusting souls we are we were blinded....so lets put those blinders back on and ignore her! She obviously can't stay away from us because she keeps reading our posts...I bet she is regretting what she did because she now knows she will never be welcome back here!! I think the best thing to do is when she PM's you is to just delete it without even reading it. If none of us respond or bring up her name ever again maybe eventually she will go away and find another person to irritate like her nosey relative!! Sounds like she has NO friends or family who want to bother with her! Anyway Girl, keep up the good work and get down to the size 16 and tell us about it over and over and over again...YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!! And just for the record...I was into a size 14 Lane Bryant jeans and I weighed 223 lbs!! Yeah you bet I couldn't fit into a regular store brand 14's but I was in a 28 lane bryant brand and that was significant improvement!

I'm not going to get the chance to post to the rest of ya's just yet...my little guy has pink eye and a cold again. SO I need to go get his medication into him and get him breakfast. I'll be back!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 05-11-2003, 09:13 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY

Tina we love you and need you here
Sandy that goes for you too

Michelle did you pop into chat last night then pop out?

Chat was great I like the 300+site.
I'm not going to do much today just relax if I can.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:12 AM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Angry First of all.....

Happy Mother's Day!

You'll never get rid of me..
or Sandy either.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:40 AM   #9  
Progress..not perfection

Angry Now, onto business.....

I do want to say this, and then I promise...it is a closed issue. I've tried to put myself in Baylee's shoes and I just can't. That's because I'm nothing like Baylee. I have better things to do than to intentionally try to hurt other people. She came on here and said she was leaving, stomped us good...and walked out on us. (or so we thought) Apparently, she didn't leave though....she is continuing to read this thread and decided we weren't sorry enough that she left, so she decided to stir more trouble. She took a couple of PM's that she and Sandy sent back and forth to one another a month ago and decided she would forward them to me and Lori. (I'm not sure who else she may have sent them to) Basically, mine and Lori's names were mentioned and the issue of clothes size was questioned on both ends. After reading and re-reading it over and over again, I've basically come to one conclusion. Baylee is jealous, lonely, mean spirited and is in desperate need of friends or a good phychiatrist. Jealous and lonely because she left and we didn't all cry and beg her to stay. After all, usually when a person leaves, doesn't that mean they go away? She is still continuing to butt into our lives although she has called us basically failures and said that we are very unknowedgeable. Surely she can find her entertainment elsewhere, yet she continues to come here. I also find it strange that when I rec'd her PM yesterday, it showed that she had only made 10 posts. All of us here know that she has made many many more than that, yet she has went back and deleted almost all of them, how strange is that? I guess she thinks that it's ok to come here and be rude and nasty and then if she deletes it, it's like it never happened? Mean spirited because....well, need I even say it? I mean, come on ladies.....let's think about it. What type of person would intentionally lash out and insult people that have never done anything but try to support her and be her friend? In desperate need of friends? Yes, but to have and keep a friend, you have to know how to be a friend first, and that is something Baylee has never learned. I find it absolutely amazing that this was and is still is the quote she uses as her signature.
Quote:
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.
Apparently......Baylee has forgot the words.

Baylee: Please do not PM me anymore or I will contact Suzanne. I'm not sure she would be really happy with the way you've been acting lately. I know how to save things too. Not only do I have the PM you sent me yesterday, but I also copied and saved your hateful "I'm leaving the group" message as well. It's in one of my folders saved in my email. I won't hesitate to show her where all this originated from. Just think about it....if you get banned from the board, how else will you get your entertainment?

I don't know why you're unhappy. I don't know why you have to try and make others unhappy as well. I'm not mad at you anymore, I just feel sorry for you. I hope you find what you need in life and I hope you do not bother us anymore.

Happy Mother's Day

Last edited by QueenB; 05-11-2003 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I hope all of you wonderful ladies have a wonderful day.

We are having high winds, but the sun is shining and it's beautiful out.

I'm headed to my BIL and SIL's for a BBQ this afternoon. My mom has been invited too so that will save me a second trip.

All the recipes you guys have been posting look really good. The pistachio fluff is 1 point per cup.

Whoever said they were going to post their carrot cake recipe today better do it, I'm drooling here already!

I did finally finish reading, but I didn't take any notes. I'm hoping you'll let me start fresh from here. Know that I love and cherish each and every one of you. [[[hugs]]]

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 05-11-2003, 01:12 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Talking Happy Mother's Day!

Some of us are Mothers, some of us are not, some want to be mothers, and all of us have Mothers, so Happy Mother's Day to all of us!

My mother sent me this email and I thought I would share in honor of the day. It made me cry...but that's not really too hard to do!

Happy Mother's Day!
I think we can all relate to at least part of this.

This is for all the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's OK honey, Mommy's here."

Who walk around the house all night with their babies when they keep crying and won't stop.

This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.

For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T.

This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.

This is for all the mothers who froze their buns off on metal bleachers at football or soccer games Friday night instead of watching from cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did you see me?" they could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.

This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet like a tired 2-year old who wants ice cream before dinner.

This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the mothers who wanted to but just couldn't.

For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then read it again. "Just one more time."

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.

This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.

This is for all mothers whose heads turn automatically when a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at home.

This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away.

This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them.

For all the mothers who bite their lips sometimes until they bleed - when their 14 year olds dye their hair green.

What makes a good Mother anyway?

Is it patience?
Compassion?
Broad hips?
The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew button on a shirt, all at the same time?
Or is it heart?
Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?

The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2 A.M. to put your hand on the back of sleeping baby?

The need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?

For all the mothers of the victims of all these school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting.

For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.

This is for mothers who put pinwheels and teddy bears on their children's graves.

This is for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation.

And mature mothers learning to let go.

For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.

Single mothers and married mothers. Mothers with money, mothers without.

This is for you all.

So hang in there.

Please pass along to all the Mom's in your life.

"Home is what catches you when you fall - and we all fall."

Please pass this to a wonderful mother you know.

(I just did)

If I may, I'd like to say the last thing that I will say on the subject of our current dilemma: I think that we all need to follow Miss Thin's lead and
Quote:
start fresh from here.
If you want to be here, you're more than welcome. If you don't, there is no need for hateful words...if that is all that you feel, then just move on. We are all so very different and yet so very much the same. We understand the struggle of trying to lose weight and having a life at the same time. That is the bond that draws us together. It's not easy and we go about it in different ways, at different paces. We come here to give support and to be supported... Let's continue to do just that, shall we?

I love you ALL. Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-11-2003 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:20 PM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Look what I got for Mother's Day!

Old 05-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #13  

Tina....that cartoon with the Tony double totally CRACKED ME UP LAUGHING! Now I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!

As for Baylee, it is also appreciated that you no longer PM me; or I will have to forward the messages onto Suzanne. We are here to support each other in a healthy way, not see who we can tear down another notch or two. Many of us have had enough of that nonsense in our lives, and I am not about to tolerate it here if I can help it.

By the way, to those who are moms to both the two and four-legged children....

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 05:04 PM   #14  
A Work In Progress

Angry Happy Mother's Day!

Hello! It is just a lazy Sunday here. I have already been to my Grandma's house and had dinner. I decided to come home and tidy up the house and catch up on posting and emails.

I had another good day yesterday and I am soooo happy. Robert and I went out last night with some friends to a karaoke bar. I love to sing karaoke by the way. I had a few drinks but other than that, I did well. We had a blast!!

Tina- I loved your little comic strip!! That was totally cute! When are you coming to Charlotte? I want to get together and have lunch or something. Will you be coming down 85 because that is only a few miles from my house. Please let me know, because I dont wanna miss ya!!

Kat- Thanks for the Mother's message. It made me cry also but I loved it. How true it is though.

Thin- I hope you had a great time at the barbeque. We all fall off the wagon as you know and we are here for each other and we are strong so we will keep pulling each other up until we find some superglue or something to keep us seated

Mary- I am sorry that I missed chat last night but I hope to catch you next time.

Michelle- I hope that you are having a good day! Is Andrew going through his terrible 2's? If so, how do you handle it? Zach is really giving me a hard time. Everything I tell him to do he says no and nothing will get him to do it. He is sooo stubborn!! I dont want him to walk all over everybody but I dont exactly want to give him negative attention because he never behaves either. What is a mother to do?

2Cute- I am glad that the tornado did not reach you. I bet it was scary hearing that one was heading right toward you Glad that you are safe!!

Lori- Good for you for pampering yourself with a manicure and pedicure. Us girls need to pamper ourselves more often. After all, if we wont who else will? We all should think of rewards to our hard work besides food.

Well I am gonna go and catch up on some emails....WAIT...I almost forgot....

Sandy- I just wanted to let you know that I want you to STAY!! From what I can tell so does everyone else. We all bring something special to this thread and I think it would be incomplete if you left us because of this "situation". Stick around!!

Ok now I can go......Love and Hugs,
Tracy
Old 05-11-2003, 05:36 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
I hope everyone is safe and sound and having a wonderful day! Happy Mother's Day to all!

Not much going on here today either. We went out to lunch and did some shopping - yesterday was my day to buy clothes and today it was new clothes for Jeff. Then we went to a shoe store and Jeff bought himself 4 pairs! I almost fainted when I saw him with the stack of boxes -- this from a man who always tells me I have way to many shoes. I did buy myself one new pair today.

Then I ran out to tan and pick up a few things at Target. Now we are just cleaning up our computer room. We'll be glued to the tv for the Survivor Finale tonight!! We've never missed an episode of that show! Guess you could call us addicted.

Meanwhile, I am going to do some ironing and getting things organized. This is going to be a busy week. Jeff is working in NYC every day. I'll be trying to get a lot done at work and we leave on Saturday morning. I am still going to try my best to eat healthy and exercise this week because I know I'll splurge a bit on vacation.

I wish I could reply to everyone, but I know if I try I'll be here longer than I should be. Just know that I have read and appreciated every word that you all have said. You are all wonderful women and I am truly thankful for each and everyone of you!!! Hugs to all!!!

Barb
Closed Thread