Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/174/155

Angry i don't like today (and it's not even 9a)!!! warning: rant

soooooo i'm a daily weigher. i chose monday as my "official" weigh in day, as that's the day i first started this whole dieting business (a wk and a half ago, after a dieting hiatus with prior awesome results. word). i was 178 (possibly 1 or 2 lbs more) when i started on 4/4, and i was 173.6 on this past monday (1 week in), but i rounded it up to 174 b/c i did bikram on sunday night and figured i hadn't fully rebounded from losing water weight. and now, i'm 175.5. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! i've been following WW like it's my job, drinking water like it's going out of style, and have exercised everyday (either spinning or bikram, because i love love love both). not too sure what the deal is. possible culprits: 1) i've been eating apples and popcorn lately which, while they fit into my points allowance, have always caused me bloating? 2) maybe my weigh in on monday wasn't accurate because my weight still didn't fully rebound from water loss associated w/ sunday night bikram? 3) i've somehow gained 1.5 lbs in 2 days (yeah, unlikely).

i know that this is one of the downsides of being a daily weigher, and i know that there are many reasons why i could have seen a change on the scale, but it still is horribly discouraging

sorry, i just needed to get that out.
mel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Are you about to start your period? I don't lose weight right after exercise I gain weight and retain water so I don't think the exercise effected your weigh in the negative two pounds. How is your sodium intake? Really salty or heavy food makes me go up a pound or two for a few days sometimes.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Aw, I know it can be discouraging, but ya' gotta let it go. Scales are like that. Don't look at is as a 1.5 lb gain. Look at it as a 2.5 lb loss in a week and a half. Great progress!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

It seems like you have only just started. If I were you, I wouldn't worry. If you're doing everything right, and measuring out your food and all, and keeping to your plan and exercising, you will lose weight. But, sometimes, we have fluctuations. It happens to all of us. Just keep trucking and your body'll come around.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #5  

good points, guys. thanks!

i also just found this: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...er-weight.html
Old 04-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #6  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Following WW like it's your job, check.
Drinking water like it's going out of style, check.
Exercising like an athlete, check.

Weight loss is GOING to happen (and already is!). Please don't get caught up in playing the scale's game. You got this!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #7  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmb View Post
Weight loss is GOING to happen (and already is!). Please don't get caught up in playing the scale's game. You got this!
This phenominal chick has lost over 100 pounds!! She knows what she's talking about!!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #8  

aww you guys are all great! thanks so much
Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

you started a week and a half ago. if you are this worked up by the scale at this point, you are going to burn yourself out in about another 2 weeks.

Relax. Follow your plan. Take your measurements. And breathe.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #10  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I could have written this rant today minus the WW program. I generally do not weigh on a daily basis but stepped on the scale this morning and I was up almost 2lbs. Wanted to heave the scale out the door. I am trying not to let it get me down too much because my offical weigh in is not until Sunday but it is still discouraging. Hang in there and know you are doing everything right.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #11  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I admit I step on the scale each morning just for fun, but I only enter my weight from my weekly weigh in on Saturday. There is too much daily fluctuation and clearly I didn't gain two pounds in my sleep. I just think it's interesting to see how my water intake (not enough? too much? just right?) and my other, um, bodily functions affect my weight.

I make sure I don't eat anything that will "bind" me up before my WI day! LOL!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Well I see you have already read about fluctuations, I just want to add that being a daily weigher myself it takes time to get used to your body.

Popcorn is a big one for me, it always puts my scale up.

Once you start weighing everyday you will get used to seeing the scale go up and down and start learning what it is you ate that may have set the scale up. As long as your overall trend is down you are doing great.

I like to stand on my scale daily, but I try not to think about it too much. Other then, the scale is down today! Or the scale is up, better make good choices. Then I get on with my day.

I downloaded a weight tracker app for my iPhone so everyday I put in my weight and it charts it for me, tells me my highest and lowest weight, my average weight loss per week, etc. Neat little app. Maybe something like that would help you? Be it for a smart phone, computer, ipod, etc.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #13  
sugar is the devil

Sotypical What's that app called?!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #14  

yeah, i would love to know what app you use! and i'm glad i'm not the only one who has a prob w/ popcorn effecting weight!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #15  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Sotypical What's that app called?!
LOL sorry - that was silly of me. "Target Weight" - there is one for Adults and Teens! Not sure the difference...
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote