Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #1  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Default The 280s Ladies - Thread #2

Sorry ladies,

I didn't realize we had to start a new thread already.

I HOPE EVERYONE FINDS THEIR WAY OVER HERE! DON'T WANT TO LOSE EVERYONE!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #2  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

New thread! Wooooo! Good way to kick off the spring/summer season!

I am soooo ready for April to be over. It's been a pretty bad year academically, socially, mentally, emotionally...and I can't wait to be back home again. I binged this weekend a couple of times, but today I got back on track, about 1300 calories today? Not too bad. And I tried limiting my carbs/sugar--had a little bit of rice with lunch, and two pieces of cookie dough (my biggest *whoops* of the day! 170 calories...guess it could be worse)! I didn't weigh myself this morning but I'm going to assume I'm 280 or 279. I'm going to do even better tomorrow cause the scale NEEDS to move!

Shelly, I can completely relate to your shopping story. I haven't been clothes shopping with friends in YEARS--I believe the last time I did, I was in 8th grade and a size 14/16 (so I barely made my way into the regular sizes, depending on the store). Most recently, however, a size 8 friend and I were in the mall and said she wanted to stop at Victoria's Secret. OK, that's fine. I made the mistake of mentioning that I needed new bras, and she asked me if I wanted to try any on while we were there. Ugh. "Um...they don't carry my size." She gave me a confused look, said "What?" and when I shrugged, she said, "They go up to DD, I'm sure you can find one here." Then there was a few minutes of me reassuring her that, no, they don't carry my BAND size (though, after checking on the website, they do have a few with a 40 band size, even though I usually get a 42). I think after I looked like I was about to cry, she felt really bad and we left the store. It's just something normal sized women will never understand. They don't know what it's like to walk into a clothing store and not be able to buy anything because of their size--let alone TRY anything on. Oh, and by the way, don't know if you know, but Forever 21 has a plus line. I ordered a dress and a sweater and they're pretty cute; I'm thinking of making another purchase sometime soon...thing is, it's only online. Sigh!

Speaking of clothes, I have a good find! I LOVE clothes/fashion, and that's one of the most difficult things about being heavy; I can't express myself through what I wear, if that makes any sense...I'm not saying that I want to express who I am solely on appearance, but I want to have my own style that sort of reflects who I am, and unfortunately the selection of clothing in my size is pretty limited. Anyway, I somehow found THIS and think it's great! Haven't bought anything because I'm poor (blegh!) but I have my eye on a couple of the dresses.

OH, and HUGE congrats on your hitting your 50 pound mark, Shelly! 50 pounds! WOW!! That's friggen amazing! I hope to catch up to you there soon!

Merissa, VERY happy to hear of your 257 & that you are BACK ON TRACK! Ohhh I'm so excited! Loooove all this good news.

I carry my weight fairly proportionally, though if any part of me is bigger than the other, at least while I'm obese, it'd probably be my bottom half. At my lightest, 210ish pounds, I was a solid size 16 (on the verge of 14!) and wore L and XL tops. At my heaviest, 315+ pounds, I was probably a 26 and wore 2x & 3x tops. I was only over 315 for a short time--probably got over 300 sometime in late 2009 (like December maybe?) and gained to 323 in May of last year. That being said, once I couldn't fit into my 22s anymore, I stopped wearing most of my clothes, and didn't buy any new ones--meaning, I wore mostly leggings and the one pair of size 24 pants I could fit into. Right now, I'm a 22 again and wear 2x tops. With dresses, though, I'm more like a 20. I actually went into Old Navy two weeks ago to try on a pair of size 20 jeans. To my surprise, I could get them on! Granted, they were still too small and I had to suck it in to button them, but I was OVERJOYED that I could even pull them up over my big butt! This time a year ago, I couldn't get my 22s over my knees...it was awful. So I'm happy that I can fit into all of my old clothes again.

According to my own history, size wise...in the 270s I'm a 22, in the 250s I'm a 20, 230s an 18, and 210s a 16. I know in another 20 pounds or so I'll be down a size, so I'm excited.

Last edited by taliee; 04-11-2011 at 10:02 PM.
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Currrent:287

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies! I hope everyone had a great Monday. I went to my gym today, I had a trainer to work with me the first day it went well. I'll be there tomorrow working out for about 2 hours trying to burn as many cals as possible. So Im back on plan lol

I wish I knew what size I am currently. I only wear huge t shirts and sweat pants right now.

I'm also ready for April to be over, hopefully we can all end April on a successful note

Last edited by imtryingtotry; 04-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.
imtryingtotry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #4  
Lorie

Taliee - I think your calorie intake sounds good! Not to much, not to little! I AGREE! I am soooo ready for April to be done and gone! I haven't done well in April either, especially this past week. You are still doing great, and you've made a lot of good changes over the past year. Can you believe it's been a year since we've gotten to know each other? It amazes me!

Shelly - YAY! You are really moving down the ladder girl! Keep it up!

Merissa - Yay for 257, that's great! Glad you are getting back on track, don't worry about how many times you get knocked off (I promise, it will get less and less as your weight loss efforts start to show on the scale constantly!)

Imtry - WAY TO GO AT THE GYM! That's fantastic! keep it up!

Ok, for sizes - At my heaviest (301) I was pregnant and only wore maternity clothes, so I'm really not sure.
At 260 - I wear a size 16/18 and I wear XL shirts - I am 5'9 so being tall helps a lot.
At the lowest I can remember in my adult life (which was 210) I wore a 12/14 with a L top. I am pretty well proportioned although I have gained a lot of extra skin (sorry I know, TMI) from being pregnant with the 3 big baby boys and subsequent c-ssections.

April hasn't really been my month. We have had a lot going on, from sick kiddos to school work to everything else, it has just been crazy. I just started back on my "no plan, plan" Monday and so far so good. I don't expect to lose anything this week, since I was totally binging last week, but if I can stay right under 260, I'll be ok with that because with kicking up my treadmill workout and lowering my cal intake to around 1300 calories, I expect the scale to start moving pretty quick (at least that's what I'm hopeing).

I hope everyone finds their way to our new thread, next time I'll catch the "end" before hand and redirect before the monitors do, it seems easier to alert everyone that way. Keep up the great work ladies!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #5  

glenlorie- wow! you are very proportioned, thats awesome. Im not so lucky. I have a dancers shape underneath all this fat lol So that means now at my highest weight I look slightly dis proportioned. I'm so ready to see my hips and waist again.

I go to the gym like 4 days for about 4 hours. I thought I would get bored but I didn't. I packed a lunch and found other things to do in between my workouts. I have to do this because I cant stay on a machine for longer than 10-15 mins without getting bored and wanting to quit. So I do 3 machines for about 15 mins each and then repeat 2 more times.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #6  
Lorie

Imtry - WAY TO GO AT THE GYM!! I'm glad you found a way to keep the gym interesting for you! Keep it up girl!

I hope we didn't lose anyone when we had to switch threads. I tried to send a message to everyone, but I'm sure I may have missed one or two people. Hopefully they find their way, I love your little group and I couldn't have come this far without you guys!

Well, I haven't weighed in, and won't til Monday, but I've pretty much been living off gatorade and smoothies (sick with a stomach virus), so I'm hopeing just to maintain right under 260, then when I'm over this (which I'm starting to get better) I'll get back in full gear. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #7  

glenlorie- I hope you feel better! Hopefully you stay right under 260 or even lower!

I'm doing well I weighed in at 278 this morning so far 7.2 down!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #8  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

OMG I have been far too embarrassed to even post. I have been lurking around and reading but I am so ashamed of my actions lately. I got my TOM and since then I haven't been able to control myself. I've polished off 2 bags of pizza rolls, a pint of Half Baked Ben and Jerry's, 1/4 of a pizza, 2 dr. peppers, half a sprite, and I had some mall food today. This is all within the last 4 days or so. I haven't gotten on the scale once. I'm far to scared. More scared than just the number. I'm scared that I might be getting to that time where people fall off because I'm forgetting how to be good. What the good foods are, what my old recipes are and how to cook healthy! I'm going crazy! I can't seem to get back on the horse! I'm hoping it's just my hormones and this crazy period!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #9  
Crabalocker Fishwife

SHELLY!! I am with you girl! This past weekend was a nightmare! I ate like crazy, ate WHATEVER I WANTED...it was awful! I too am not getting on the scale. I have been overwhelmed with school, PMSing like crazy, and finally got my TOM last night. Last time I weighed, which was right before I got TOM, I was 284. I was like, WHAT?! How do you gain 6 pounds in like 3 days?? So yeah, I haven't weighed myself in a week. I'm back on track today--only sugar I've had is what's in my Oolong tea--and I am determined. I am going back on my antidepressants which should help a lot, too. Last time I was on them, I lost 25 pounds without trying! I am going to work really hard the next couple weeks. I want 267 by May 17!!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #10  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

hi ladies! I haven't been doing too well, I recently moved but I am definately getting back on track. My weight has been between 280 and 275 so I haven't gained too much weight back that's a good thing. I have been exercising regularly too so that has helped me a lot.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning all.
I hope no one minds if I join you here? I know I am currently 279, but I've been stuck on a plateau of 282 forever, and would like to chat with others who know where I am and where I'm going. I actually wrote a big long post yesterday, but my computer froze so I lost it, but in a nutshell here's my bio:
34 year old mother of one 2 year year old DD, married 4 1/2 yrs, work as an admin assistant, bought our first house last Aug and my mother lives with us.
My highest weight was 336, I worked hard in college and got to 292. I spent years stuck at 292, and then almost 2 years stuck at 282. I don't want anymore sticky periods, so here I am.
Hope everyone is doing well and staying on the path to lightness.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:57 AM   #12  

ok so I guess i've had one of those embarrassing moments when I dont want to post lol I was great all weekend. Monday hit and I was a little down because I totally expected the scale to say 276 lol it didn't more like 278.12 when i weighed 278.8 last on the sat before. I guess i was being childish. So i did a little working out then i would weigh after about 30 mins of treadmill lol I think I jinxed myself because I was all over the place 287 277 279 280! I was making the scale go crazy lol and pissing myself off. Soooo long story short I got off plan for like Monday and Tuesday BUT Im not going to do like I usually do and wait a month to get back on today is Wednesday and im on. So I decided im just going to start weighing on Sat of each week and not daily lol
Old 04-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #13  
Crabalocker Fishwife

TOM is almost over and I've been good the past couple of days, so I was 280.4 this morning. I know there's only a week and a half left in April, but I am hoping to be 275 by the end. My original goal was 273, but I'll take anything under 278 at this point (which would give me a loss for the month, even if it's just a pound). I'm eating a LOT of fruits and veggies, and haven't had soda since Sunday (experienced major caffeine withdrawals yesterday)! I am determined again, like I was before spring break when I lost 10 pounds, so YAY!

Honeybee- I hear you about the not doing so well. Last weekend I had no limits when it came to food! I ate and ate and ate, and there was nothing redeeming about what I was eating! But we all fall down, we just have to get up again! Keep up the exercising, that helps a lot.

Laura- WELCOME! We are always happy to see new people join our thread! Good luck with everything, this forum is awesome for support.

Imtrying- OMG! I totally avoid 3FC when I know I haven't done well. But then I'm like, blegh, I really need to own up to my mistakes and not ignore them, and come to terms with what ever bad eating I've done! And then move on...and posting here helps with that. I might try weekly weighing, too, because I get so carried away when I do it daily.

Hope all the other ladies are doing well! Lorie, I hope you're feeling better.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #14  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

Hi Tailee! I am also stuck at 278 because of TOM . But I have been eating really clean & light so I should be losing by the end of this week *I hope*

Hi Laura! Welcome! & we all know how you feel, we've all had the hard times.

Hi Imtryingtotry! it seems like 278 is haunting a lot of us lol great job on getting back on track sooner than later.

Good luck ladies!!!!
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #15  

Omg! Im scared now. I havent even hit my TOM yet and I'm already slipping! Actually I might not even have a TOM this month sometimes I can go months with out. I'm so tired of going back and forth I just want to keep going forward its just sooo hard but oh well thats life!