Old 04-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly WW chat April 11th - 17th

This is my last week at my current job. I actually have two days left, tomorrow and Wednesday and then I'm done. Looking forward to starting the new job but I'm still sad about leaving the old one (even if it *is* a prison).

Tonight is WI. Hoping for some good news. I've eaten more this past week since I joined WW back in January -- so that part of it was fun at least. Trying out a new restaurant after the meeting tonight.

About to go catch Source Code before the meeting. Saw Hanna yesterday -- highly recommend!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #2  

Happy Monday I had a food fun weekend myself! Hoping that getting back on track will show some results. I'm a super slow loser, only .4 this weekend. But 13 overall so i'll take it.

It was so easy to go out and have drinks and good food for opening day of the Red Sox. Finally they WON a game!!!

Did get some bad news however, got a text from my exbf that his mother suddenly passed away Saturday i loved her sooo much and am so sad for them.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #3  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Spooky, I totally used to work in a prison, too! I was the librarian I left at the end of November for a new job.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #4  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post
It was so easy to go out and have drinks and good food for opening day of the Red Sox. Finally they WON a game!!!!
Amen to that!

Where are you located? I'm in the Worcester area, on the Boylston / Worcester / Shrewsbury line. Always good to see other M*******s on the board!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #5  

Down 3.4 this week!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

go spook!.. Its your birthday..

So eating even more worked for you?
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #7  

a dessert idea.
a whole packet of the 5 calorie jello, add the hot water, stir etc etc.. but instead of cold water, add an equivalent of vanilla/plain yogurt (so like 1 cup). I made orange. Super good, and the entire thing is like only 4 points
Old 04-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
go spook!.. Its your birthday..

So eating even more worked for you?
Yes. I ate every single weekly point and about half of my APs. I really think that maybe I wasn't eating enough food with my daily target. Going to cycle high/low days again and see if it continues to work.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I missed weigh in this week...I had to go on a 3 day out of town field trip last week, and with weigh in Saturday morning...I was exhausted. I tried to eat on plan, but there was SO MUCH junk. I ended up eating all my daily and weekly points and a few of my AP, which I have NEVER done.

But so far so good--down 6 pounds since I started ww! It is coming off slowly, but I am fine with that. As long as it is a loss, that is all I need. But I am so tired--I usually have a big workout Saturday and Monday, but I skipped both since I am just so physically exhausted. I think I need a break!!!
sarahsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #10  

my car is still no good. It runs now.. we took it to firestone last week, (i had applied for their credit card to pay for it). They replaced the battery, gave it a bunch of tune ups, THEN discovered that there is/may be exhaust gases in the cooling system (because, right now its not TOO bad, its probably just a cracked head - so it overheats super fast) they decided not to charge me for the tune ups (saved like $200 - probably because they should have just done the block test to begin with)... i was quoted 700-900 from someone, without them looking at the engine. We have super bad luck with cars... T____T glad i have WW so i wouldnt/couldnt turn to eating some very bad choices and binge eating
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #11  

I once had a cracked head gasket on a Chevy Cavalier. It was going to be over 1k to fix it. I got a new car instead. Good luck and please be careful if you're driving it around like that. Can you put the engine repair on the cc too?
I just paid off my car this month. Fingers crossed that it will be ok for at least a year or two (I have bad car luck as well).
Old 04-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #12  

naw the store with the CC, arent allowed to work on engines. So i have to take it somewhere else. It was running fine, i called a guy, he said he'd look at it for free, and cos its running fine they might have messed up the block test, and nothing might be wrong. or itd be better to replace the entire emgine.
i went out and started it up.... it started the shuddering again ans stalled out when i braked
/sob
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #13  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP916 View Post
Amen to that!

Where are you located? I'm in the Worcester area, on the Boylston / Worcester / Shrewsbury line. Always good to see other M*******s on the board!
I'm from MA as well

Good week so far, I rode my bike for 1 1/2 hours yesterday and loved it. Of course my seat decided to become loose and I couldn't sit on it for about 3/4 mile. I finally got to a gas station, they fixed it for me thank God!! I cant imagine riding like that 5 miles to home.

Spooky - Congrats on your huge weight loss!!

Last edited by BlueEyes83; 04-12-2011 at 12:27 PM.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #14  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

down 2.8 this week which i am sooo excited about.... finally broke my 4-wk plateau by eating a bit more calories and calorie cycling.

who knew eating more would do the trick?!?!?
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncontentgirl View Post
down 2.8 this week which i am sooo excited about.... finally broke my 4-wk plateau by eating a bit more calories and calorie cycling.

who knew eating more would do the trick?!?!?
I KNOW! Nice to know we can eat a little more. Makes the plan that much more flexible.