Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#331

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 05-09-2003, 11:53 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I just popped in and saw that we were overdue for a new thread so I thought I'd start it. Then I know that the 'post police' will be after me if I don't post when I start a new thread so here I am.

Food is totally out the window right now. I have no gumshion to get back on course, even though I desparately need to.

I have not read anything yet to catch up. I'm trying to catch up on all the work I needed to move from Tuesday and Wednesday into yesterday and today. I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I sent a PM to Suzanne the other day, but haven't heard back from her as far as the chatroom goes. Do we have any ideas on what we'd like to call it????

I did manage to glance at the threads and print them out so they were portable and I can read in-between other stuff. Just haven't had the chance yet.

To all of my friends in tornado alley. I hope you are safe.
To all the losers, congratulations!
To all the gainers, hang in there, this too will pass.
To anyone who hasn't been here, get your butts back here.
To Aradia: Welcome back to our little corner.
And to
Lynne: Welcome Back!! I can't tell you how many times I've thought of you. I've sent a couple of e-mails, but I don't think they ever got through. What a lovely bride you were! And a baby girl, that's wonderful. How is your son taking to his little sister?

I'm sorry to not be able to be more personal. But I do have to get this stuff done and then get back on the road again. I'll talk to you all later. I love you all.

"Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who'll never find out." - Frank A. Clark
Old 05-09-2003, 12:25 PM   #3  
A Work In Progress

I dont have long because I have alot to do. I have to do my "Friday cleaning" which means I clean my house from top to bottom. I am very obsessive about keeping my house clean so on Friday's I do a very thorough cleaning. I know "someone" said that if you clean all the time and keep your house spotless then you are not gonna be fat. Well, I clean constantly it seems, to keep my house nearly spotless and I weigh 300 pounds. Anyway, my son Lee also has another baseball game tonight at 6. It is the last seasonal game, now we only have to do tournaments.

I am going great on my new way of life. I am so motivated right now and I dont want this feeling to ever end!! I think I can already tell that my clothes are fitting a little better Thank you taebo so I guess I am losing some. My scale is not accurate so I think I am gonna start doing measurements instead. I will let you all know.

Well I am off to dance with the broom!! I love you guys!!

Hugs,
Tracy
Old 05-09-2003, 01:10 PM   #4  

Good afternoon to all my favorite chicks:
Today is payday at work so you know it's busy busy busy. Funny they all come running when they know you got money for them. Oh well, I get to visit with them.

Food is still on plan today. I brought in my big ole salad today, and I made a boca burger on the side....yummy....got to use those points somehow.

It's rainy here today!!! Rain makes me very tired, I just wanna lay down and go night night.

Hugs to all,
Old 05-09-2003, 01:27 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally posted by robntracy
I know "someone" said that if you clean all the time and keep your house spotless then you are not gonna be fat. Well, I clean constantly it seems, to keep my house nearly spotless and I weigh 300 pounds.
Seems that "someone" is a little misinformed, aren't they?

I am an immaculate housekeeper (so I've been told--some people visiting me for the first time don't even know I have cats until they either see the box in the bathroom and/or a cat wanders into sight ), and yes, I am still fat too. Since we didn't put all these pounds on overnight, what better way to help get rid of them and keep a nice, sparkling house at the same time?
Old 05-09-2003, 01:38 PM   #6  

Okay is this true confession time? I do not keep a spotless house. I keep a tidy house.....I try to keep everything in its place. But well you know....working, being mommy and all the other stuff.....well I tend to let the house go some, but thats okay. I don't by any means mean my house is a dump!!!! It is clean and tidy enough that if I have company pop in I would not be embarressed (sp) See I can't be embarressed? I can't even spell it .
Old 05-09-2003, 04:49 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down e*m*b*a*r*r*a*s*s*e*d

But you shouldn't be...it's one of the most commonly misspelled words!

I'm still low carbing and enjoying it. It's true that when you cut out the carbs, (or restrict them severely) the cravings and the hunger subside. About every three to four hours I will have something to eat. It's a good feeling to actually be hungry! It's an even better feeling to eat a meal and not feel guilty because I had already stuffed myself, 'grazing,' while I tried to figure out what to eat.

Here's a yummy low carb snack I found at the low carb recipe boards:

Pizza Bites
1 serving (16 pieces) Turkey Pepperoni
1 string cheese, sliced cross ways into 16 rounds
1/8 cup tomato sauce

Place pepperoni on a plate, drop a bit of sauce on each, place a circle of cheese on top of that. Microwave for about 40 seconds, or until cheese melts.

The thing with low carbing is that they don't really concern themselves with low fat...which is so ingrained into my brain, it's hard to stop. BUT, when they take the fat out of foods, they usually add salt and/or sugar to improve the flavor. The moral of the story is: READ THOSE LABELS! No matter what plan you're on.

I've been keeping track of my food at fitday.com. It's a bit of a pain, looking things up...God only knows what kind of system they use in classifying, but you can "customize" your favorite foods and store them by putting the nutritional info yourself. I find it very helpful to see the graph and the breakdown of all that I put into my pie hole each day! What ever works, right?

Lynne, thanks for the encouragement!
Quote:
The sad thing is that we have such unrealistic expectations, and feel such pressure to lose weight quickly, that if we "cave" and eat something that's not the best (which in fact is generally something "normal" weighted people wouldn't even consider as a bad choice), we think we are a total failure and what's the point, it's all too hard.
Such wise words and so true! I really need to remember that!!

About eating at the table: if we are all home at the same time, (unusual!) I insist that we eat together. It's nice to be together to share meals and our thoughts and opinions. No, it's when I'm alone that I figure, what the heck, I may as well kill two birds with one stone! Not anymore. I sit and eat at the table, no reading, no TV, no computer. Very hard for me!! But I'm working on it. Baby steps.

Duckie, it's probably from missing the pills, but I'd take a PG test anyway, just to be sure. Good luck!

Hi everyone else...I have to get ready for the gym. "Cardio Mix" at 5:30. I worked the library today at my son's school, let me tell you, that is a good workout, believe it or not...all that squatting and bending and lifting...I was huffing and puffing!

See you all later...love ya!
Old 05-09-2003, 05:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I don't have time for individual replies right now as I have to get the kids fed because they are sleeping at my parents tonight. Hubby and I are going to go out alone. Nothing extravagant, just dinner and shopping, but it will be nice to have some alone time. I went to Curves again today, and am still on track with the water and food. Also, another big step for me, my sister came over after I had already eaten lunch. She had wanted to go to Friendly's for lunch. The old me would have gone and eaten more food. Not the new me. I told her I had already eaten. So she decided to get a salad from McDonalds for herself and got Dairy Queen for the kids. I passed on that as well. I had a slimfast ice cream sandwich later on. So I am proud of my victories for the day. Well I've rambled enough. I'll try to make it to chat tomorrow night. Have a great night.
Steph
Old 05-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #9  

Well ladies I'm off for the weekend now try to stay out of trouble while I'm gone, I'm going to try my best to be a very good girl. I want to see a loss on Monday, No plans for mothers day, once again were broke, and once again there's a special occasion happening just for me, and I don't get to celebrate, or get any gifts, we always seem to be broke, on special occasions, now If the DB would plan ahead, that would be a big surprise, I'm sick of getting a card a week late. Oh well, one day I'll get spoiled, If I have to spoil myself, so be it.
Anyways have a good weekend, and Happy Mothers Day.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:07 PM   #10  
A Work In Progress

Talking Hey there

I swear I am gonna pop. I drank 120 oz of water today and I am not getting rid of it. I dont know if I have had something with too much sodium in it or what but I have been miserable today. I have always heard that if you are retaining water then you need to drink MORE water so that is what I am doing. My body really likes it though and is not wanting to let go of it today. My fingers are swollen and my clothes are tight. In fact, my skin feels tight. Well I will just keep drinking it until it has nowhere else to go I am proud of myself though.

My son had his last seasonal baseball game tonight and they lost They will have a couple of tournament games next week and then the season will be all over. The coach this year was not good at all. I think the kids got cheated because he did not know what he was doing. Robert (hubby) did most of the actual coaching but since he was not the actual coach he was not able to make decisions. Oh well, maybe next year.

I am thinking of getting up and going to yard sales in the morning. I love yard sales!!! I dont know what will happen though because I also have alot in the yard that needs done and the swimming pool could use a vacuum. Darn I guess I am gonna have to get in the nice cool water tomorrow and clean it out. Do I have to

You gals have a great night and I will be back tomorrow. You are my therapy!

Hugs,
Tracy
Old 05-10-2003, 02:09 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Talking

I Just Got my New Computer-Yeah I'm so happy. I'm just testing things out today, so I'm going to make this post short, but you will see me tomorrow in chat. Please just keep me posted on when and where. I haven't loaded pics yet, but you'll be the first to know when I do.

Old 05-10-2003, 09:12 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Where is everyone only one person has posted since I checked last night.
Chat tonight 3fatchicks site main room 7:00 central. Sound good to everyone.

I feel so bloated. DH took me to an all you can eat fishhouse last night. I just ate one plate but I still feel bloated.

I ate a Taco salad at lunch yesterday while I was out and about. I bought a japanese red maple tree for my yard. I hope it lives.
It is going to be 92 here today.

Well I'm at work so I better sign off for now catch you all later
Old 05-10-2003, 09:13 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Red face Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

What does everyone have planned for this weekend? Mother's Day? I'm praying for a little sunshine, but I'll settle for just no rain. My back yard is starting to look like a jungle habitat! Pretty soon, I'll need a machete to hack through the tall grass. Dh has promised to take me to my favorite nursery for flowers to plant for Mother's Day. That and he's taking us out to breakfast after church on Sunday. Oh, what I'd give for some French Toast! I'll stick with eggs, no toast, no potatoes...(drool.)

It ain't easy keeping those carbs low! I'm trying to stay under 50 gms/day. The orange I just had has 26! No wonder they say to lay low on the fruit...but I love oranges! And I have a ton of strawberries in the freezer. I guess I'll have to limit fruit to once a day. Other than that, I love eating this way. I have lots of energy, no cravings, and I feel great. This has been a good week, I have exercised everyday, food and water have been very good. I'm looking forward to next WI (not Wisconsin) Wednesday.

I have a recipe to share...another one that I found at the low carb recipe board. I made it for dinner last night...mmm mmm mmm! Did you ever get the Asian Lettuce Wraps at places like Chilis or Houlihans? This tasted just like that.

Seoul Chicken

6-8 chicken thighs, skin on I used boneless breasts
5 T. soy sauce
1/4 cup Splenda
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 cup green onion, chopped omitted, since I didn't have any
1 T. garlic, minced
1 T. sesame oil
5 T. water

Place chicken pieces in a gallon size ziploc bag. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour into bag with chicken. Close bag and knead gently to coat all chicken pieces. Place in a shallow pan, just in case the bag leaks. Put in fridge and marinate at least 1 hour, turning bag over occasionally.

Dump entire contents of the bag into a 9x13" glass baking pan. Arrange thighs skin side up. Bake at 425º for 35-40 minutes until meat is done. Makes 6-8 servings (6 servings - 3 carbs each) (8 servings - 2 carbs each)

This is very delicious and extremely easy to make! The crispy skin turns a beautiful, bronze color and the flavor is slightly sweet. This would probably also work with boneless chicken breasts cooked on an outdoor or Foreman-type grill. If desired, shred the meat and serve rolled up in leaf lettuce. Add about 1 carb per 3 leaves to total count.

**I used the boneless breasts, but I baked them as per the recipe, then chopped and served in Romaine Lettuce leaves. 6 oz chicken divided into 3 leaves. I was the only one to eat this, (since every one else had PIZZA) so there's plenty left over for lunch!

Okay, that's it for me...lots to do today.

Chat is usually 8:00 EST/7:00 CST. I guess at the 3fc site, right? Hope to see you all then!

Old 05-10-2003, 10:34 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Still no time to post, but here's the info I've gotten for you:

We have our own chat room. Go to the little pull down menu on the lower right side of the main chat screen and you'll see our very own 300+ Room! WooHoo!

Suzanne says that the chat registration is different from the forum registration so if you want to contact her and register your user name, please do. This would stop anyone from logging into chat using YOUR name and not being you.

To be honest with you all, I'm a bit confused on times. Is it 7:00 EST, CST or Daylight Savings Time????

See you all later.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:42 AM   #15  

Hey girlies,
Guess what??? I got on the scales....I know, this is a big problem with me....but anyway.......I only have 1 more lb to loose now to get back to the before I went on vacation weight. I am so happy.

Today I have a babyshower at noon to attend. The guest of honor is in Hawaii....LOL......my hubbys cousin is stationed there and they have no family there, so the grandma is having a shower here and then shipping the video and stuff to her. I thought it was a really neat idea. The mommy is coming here in July to visit with the new baby by then, while hubby is out to sea. But right now she is about to pop and can't fly!!! Oh well. So anyway, the invitations said to bring your gift unwrapped that way we can all see what she is getting, then we will wrap them all up and put them in a shipping box and she can have a ball unwrapping them just like normal.

Kat: the recipe sound scrumptious....I love chix, so I love getting new recipes for it. I don't know if I could go low carb though. I love the potatoes, bread.....and fruit and well I guess I just love food! But if it works for you then you stick to it girl cause you are doing great!!!

Mary: I will be in chat!!! I hope lots of us are there tonight.

Tracy: I'm jelous....a pool??? In my dreams. I guess I can't complain to bad cause my in-laws live across the street from a lake and have the right of way to a piece of the property right on the lake and we swim from there, very nice spot. Then we live like 2 minutes from the ocean and we own shore property with the rest of the family, so thats always an option too except Im very fair skinned and I burn to a crisp!!! I don't seem to tan, I burn or I'm pale white, those are my options. But, they say the sun is bad for you anyway? Who knows, they used to say eggs were bad now they are okay. Now yesterday I heard someone talking about soy was bad and stuff......rrrrrrrrr...there is always something.

We are going to my hubbys grandmas for moms day tomorrow to help clean up her yard and plant flowers and stuff. Then we are either doing cookout or spaggetti dinner (depends on mother nature) It will be fun. We don't do to much this time of year, cause hubby is not working I mean he is working on his boat and lobster gear, but you don't get paid for that, and we are like living on my paycheck for now and things are tight. We spent what we had saved for the winter already.....rrrrrrrrr....I hate money problems. But, I know things will get better, they always do. But I don't want to bug you girls with those problems.

Well chickies, I gotta run and make yeast rolls for the party so chat with you later......
Hugs,
Closed Thread