Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #1  

Default Alternative Phase 1 Plan

Hi Everyone - I am starting the IP Alternative Phase 1 program tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone has been successful doing this plan? Also, it doesn't specify on the protocol page if we are allowed to have a restricted IP as one of our 3 proteins in the day. Any thoughts or comments on this alternative program is greatly appreciated!!
Airgirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default It Works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airgirl22 View Post
Hi Everyone - I am starting the IP Alternative Phase 1 program tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone has been successful doing this plan? Also, it doesn't specify on the protocol page if we are allowed to have a restricted IP as one of our 3 proteins in the day. Any thoughts or comments on this alternative program is greatly appreciated!!
I've been doing it. The first week I had 4 packets and most days ate all the food that it called for and lost 7.8 lbs. And, yes, you can have one restricted food choice per day. After the first week I cut back on the additional allowance of foods, and for example, I would just eat one slice of toast instead of 2, went down to 3 packets per day, lost 3 pounds, the following week I kept my fruit in the morning and ate some dairy, yogurt for lunch and lost 3.8 pounds.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #3  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Mmmmm... fruit and dairy. I miss those.

I'm not on the modified protocol, but am starting Phase 1 Protocol 2 from the good Dr's website. The only difference is I have only 2 packets a day, and have real food for lunch and dinner. No fruit or dairy, though.

Just got some restricted items this week, so I have no opinion on those yet.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

what do you all think of this?
it is almost exactly like ideal protein pudding

http://www.dietdirect.com/wonderslim...ingshakes.html
crystalchuckgracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'2

I"m on the Alternative plan because I"m type 1 diabetic. I was also curious about this. I have 3 packets a day and Dinner. Day 4 and I'm going to try and not do the Dairy, Grain, Fruit.
We will see if I can!
I weigh in on Monday, will let you know how it goes.
Aacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/IP=214/140

Height: 5'4

I just started the Alternative Phase 1 Plan also. They said you dont lose as much weight so I've been skeptical. I tried the regular IP plan and got very sick from the lack of sugar and carbs. I have my first weigh in on Tuesday. I am soo nervous!! Also, do any of you cheat every once in awhile? I had a little bowl of ice cream (fat free and no sugar added) last night...I feel like I need to go to confession or something!!
Lilstormtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'2

I have to say the first 2 days I did the alternative but my blood sugars have been fine so now I'm just on the regular. I've lost 5 pounds in 5 days.
Aacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #8  

Curious if there is anyone now doing the alternative phase 1 and if so how long did u do it. How much did you loose.
khtsmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by khtsmi View Post
Curious if there is anyone now doing the alternative phase 1 and if so how long did u do it. How much did you loose.
I just switched to the Alternative Phase 1 Plan on Saturday. I was having a lot of problems on the regular plan including being extremely hungry and tired, headaches and I almost fainted a few times. My coach suggested I try this Plan instead although I am not diabetic. I must say I do enjoy being allowed to have a carb, fruit and milk product daily. Even if I do not lose at the same rate at least I will still be losing and feel better too. Good luck to you on the Alternative Plan. I hope it works well for you.

Last edited by Lorilou; 02-20-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Lorilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #10  

I know I am not doing this right but only when I feel bad I will have brown rice or bannana. I also have been to the passing out point and having heart palpitations. Have u weighed in yet? I think we ate the only ones doing this.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/1/2012

Quote:
I know I am not doing this right but only when I feel bad I will have brown rice or bannana. I also have been to the passing out point and having heart palpitations. Have u weighed in yet? I think we ate the only ones doing this.
I have not weighed in yet. I go Friday. I think you need to be consistant on the Alternative Plan. You are either on it or your not. I am concerned about your symptoms. Have you talked to your coach? Do you need a copy of the Alternative plan sheet so you can follow it?

Last edited by Lorilou; 02-21-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Could you post a copy of the alternative plan protocol sheet??
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:34 AM   #13  

I weigh Thursday my first weigh in will let you know. I have the sheet. Let me know how you do. Today I feel better
Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
Could you post a copy of the alternative plan protocol sheet??

Here you go. Now these are the Alternative sheets that Diabetics use. If you are wanting Alternative sheets for the use of using the alternative products, there are not any. Just follow the regular IP plan but just use the alternative products.

Last edited by rissimo; 03-08-2012 at 12:31 PM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/1/2012

Quote:
I weigh Thursday my first weigh in will let you know. I have the sheet. Let me know how you do. Today I feel better
I weigh in Friday. I will let you know how it goes. Please tell me how you do and I;m glad you are feeling better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Here you go. Now these are the Alternative sheets that Diabetics use. If you are wanting Alternative sheets for the use of using the alternative products, there are not any. Just follow the regular IP plan but just use the alternative products.
Thank you for posting the Alternative Sheet. I have so busy with work that this is the first chance I have had to log in.