Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #1  
Mommy And Wifey

S/C/G: 291/288/200

Default Starting Over Again

Why is it so hard! I lost 8 lbs and put it right back on. FOOD is EVIL LOL
wamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I understand.

I've found that if you don't deal with the mental part of this, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Personally, I've gained and lost the same 10 pounds over and over again for almost the past year. :P

I'm still working on the mental aspect of my food addiction. Fortunately (or unfortunately, I dunno...), 170 is my kick-in-the-butt point. It takes me getting to 170 for me to say "STOP IT!" to myself. Otherwise, I'm like a zombie eating up all the calories I can find...for the instant gratification.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 04-09-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 311/302.6/199

Height: 5'4"

I have soo started over just this Monday!
Be happy to stay in touch.
I've always felt it was unfair that some people could eat anything and I couldn't. But oh well. I dont mind eating healthy. I just have to be conscious of my eating and plan my meals.
Does that work for you guys?
healingjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
. Fortunately (or unfortunately, I dunno...), 170 is my kick-in-the-butt point. It takes me getting to 170 for me to say "STOP IT!" to myself. Otherwise, I'm like a zombie eating up all the calories I can find...for the instant gratification.
I feel the same way. Like my miserable point is 160ish. When I am in the 140-155 range, I am always "wanting" to lose weight, but once I hit 160 it is "go time" because I am just uncomfortable and very self-conscious. I have lost those ten pounds so many times, only to have them creep back up.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

[QUOTE=healingjourney;3799484 I just have to be conscious of my eating and plan my meals.
Does that work for you guys?[/QUOTE]

That doesn't work for me long term. The three times I have gotten serious about losing weight and lost it, I have strictly counted calories or WW points. If I say I am just gonna "watch what I eat." It works for me, and I lose some weight; I just end up quitting two weeks in. I need definite guidelines, but also know I can't live with any kind of restriction of any food group, so I calorie count and exercise.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180 / 137 (regained) / 100

Height: 5'2"

I am definitely in the same boat with you guys who get more motivated (if you want to call it that) after reaching a certain high weight. Now that I've experienced being thin, being overweight now just feels.. miserable. Every time my thighs rub together, every time I sit or bend over and feel all the fat rolls, and I'm noticeably hotter/sweatier and more out of shape and it's just.. bleh, every time I look in the mirror.. sometimes I forget I'm not thin anymore, and I was just starting to see myself that way after 2 years.

Anyway. Just saying, yeah, it's hard Just trying to take it one day at a time! And trying to be more accepting with myself and put things in perspective. Like, "Sure, I'm overweight again and it's miserable, but I have so much to be thankful for still and a whole future ahead of me that I don't have to spend feeling bad about myself!"
I just pray that this is our last time going down on this roller coaster. I believe it can be!
teff is offline   Reply With Quote