Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #1  

Default Going on vacation for 2 weeks, not going to be able to weigh myself!!!

We are going on vacation for 2 weeks (see ticker). First I will not be able to weigh myself until we get home (no scale). Yikes! I am a daily weigher. I do not want to get home to see an extra 5 pounds has happened while I was away. I'd rather be monitoring it, but that's not an option.

I'm not too worried about eating out of control. I tend to eat less when I'm busy, entertained or distracted, but that's not an absolute, and if we end up eating out a lot those calories could quickly add up.
I am worried about not working out for 2 weeks! The hotel has a fitness center, but I can just see myself finding excuse after excuse.

I know I'll be wondering about my weight, and looking forward to seeing what I weigh when we get home.
I think that its the fact that I'm a daily weigher and I won't be able to weigh for 2 weeks, and that's a long time. Long enough to have a noticable loss or gain.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

I bet that would be hard waiting 2 weeks go see what your weight has done.. it could be a good thing.. im sure vacationing, youll get plenty of extra exercise from being out & about,which could contribute to your loss..

Would taking the scale with you & weighing in the morning be too obsessive? lol.. Just curious..
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #3  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

I was going to suggest taking the scale also....

The fitness center at the hotel might have one. If so, Id suggest weighing in the first morning you are there to get a baseline on that different scale.

You could also call the hotel and see if they have a small one you could borrow?

Or buy one if there will be a local walgreens or bed, bath and beyond. Even if it is cheap and crappy and slight inaccurate it only needs to good enough to let you know changes.

Or....chill out. Enjoy the vaca. Do you best to be mindful of the eating via calorie tracking and trust it will be relatively fine when you return
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like a fun opportunity to come back home after 2 weeks and see a nice little woosh
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

You'll be OK. Enjoy yourself! Maybe you'll be able to talk yourself into going to the fitness center a time or two, and if not, just pick up where you left off once you get back.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

The hotel's fitness center might have a scale. It might be different than yours, but you can at least track if your weight is maintaining or going up or down.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #7  

Thanks all! I wont be able to bring the scale as we are trying to bring a little as possible, because we will have kids, stroller, car seats, and the less of everything else the better. And its a $25 charge per checked bag, so we are going to be packing mostly everything in carry-ons and one checked bag for our left over stuff.
Hopefully the fitness center will have one. Although I did think it would be a nice surprise to get on the scale at home after 2 weeks and get a surprise. Hopefully we will be out and about a lot and active, and I'll just have to watch I don't go overboard when we go out to eat.

Right now I run 2-3.5 miles about 5 days a week. I'm shooting for 2 miles 3 times a week on vacation. This way I won't be in the fitness center more than 30 minutes. (It takes me about 45 minutes to do the 3.5 miles). And not so many days a week.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #8  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I was away for almost a week back in February, and I remember posting at the time that I thought I was going to miss my scale more than my husband.

I was also going to post about the hotel having a scale in the fitness center. And if they do, that's a good reason to get down there... and you might as well get in even a quick workout while you're there weighing!

Honestly, the workouts will help if you can commit to fitting them in. I was new to working out when I went on my trip, and knew I had to commit to working out no matter what lest I backslide into the sedentary life that was my comfort zone. I worked out every day I was there except the day I was flying home, and I was thrilled to come back after my trip and see that the number on the scale was down by several pounds!

Edit: Oops, sorry, I was writing my post and didn't see your most recent one. Getting in to the fitness center for some short runs sounds like an excellent idea.

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-09-2011 at 02:21 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/199/170

Height: 5'10"

Depending on where you're going, I highly recommend taking your exercise outside. It can be a lot of fun to explore a new place, and you'll be getting in your workouts while seeing the sights. Running in a new city or on new trails is excellent.
anna ng is offline   Reply With Quote