Thread: 300+.....Bios
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #37
reallytrying
Really Doing

Height: 5'7

Date - April 8th, 2011

User Name - reallytrying

Significance Of Your User Name- This username was picked out at the spur of the moment. It's not my usual but it fits because I am really trying AND I am going to do it.

Real Name - Bridget

Age - 23 (but here in 19 more days, I will be 24 -sobs-)

Birthdate - April 27th, 1987

Where You Live - I am living in Stirling, Scotland but I am originally from Orlando, Florida.

Significant Other - None.

Anniversary - Erm...

Kids - Nope! None! Not yet!

Pets - None. Jeez, what a loner I am?! -sighs-

Occupation - Graduate Student in the UK.

Starting Weight - 304lbs

What Plan Are You Following - Calorie counting and loads of exercise.

Fav. Exercise(s) - I fancy the elliptical, treadmill, leg presses, weights, crunches, squats, etc.

Fav. No-no Foods - Ice cream, pastries, croissants, 2% milk. I love them all.

Fav.book(s) - Oh goodness. I graduated with a degree in English (and Spanish!) and now am doing a master's in it. We'll be here all day. But here is a few: Sir Gawain and the Green Night, Faerie Queen by Spenser, Midsummer Night's Dream by Willy Shake(a play, but still!), Notes From A Small Island by Bill Bryson, Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris, Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (anything by Austen, really!), The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Rover Random and Lord of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, Mere Christianity, Great Divorce, and The Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis, The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, etc. I have more but I am running out of room? LOL.

Fav. Movie(s) - Sooo many again. I'll keep this brief. Pride and Prejudice (the Keira Knightley version), Love Actually, Bridget Jones 1&2, Twilight Saga, Amelie, The Science of Sleep, Apres Vous, Phantom of the Opera, Amelie, Tristan and Isolde, Across the Universe, Lord of the Rings, Easy Virtue, Pretty Woman, Time Traveller's Wife, etc.

Fav. Song(s) - No, no...this is far, far too hard. What I'm listening to now is a lot of Amos Lee, David Cook, The Script, Taylor Swift, Colbie Callet, Iver, Michael Jackson, Shakira, and Juanes.

Fav. Quote - "Do not let who you are hinder who you want to be." and "This too shall pass."

Anything Else You Would Like People To Know About You - I've been through many, many difficult things but losing weight has been one of the hardest. I am excited, ready, happy, nervous, anxious and scared all at the same time. I know I am doing it for real this time because my life is passing before me and I better get busy living or get busy dying. I am doing my master's and changing my life in the 'bonny, wee' country known as Scotland. I speak five languages, I've never been in love and my name (Bridget) means 'strength', so I know I am strong enough to overcome even losing weight...for good.
reallytrying is offline   Reply With Quote