South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Wednesday Chat - April 6

Good morning. I hear rumours that Delta may see the sun today. We deserve it after rain all day yesterday despite the weatherman's lies! Right now a lovely clear sunrise is happening.

Today is really a Hump Day as I am way behind on things that MUST be done. My desk is piled up again with accounting niggles but I need to focus on the documentation for the children's Fair Schoolwork before the schools start calling me. I also have a Garden Club meeting tonight that I must attend although I really don't feel I'll be any smarter after listening to the speaker show pics of Canada Blooms. Been there, done that and bought the twisted willow.

Better crank up Hump Day with more coffee before I get too crabby!

How does your day look? And do you have coffee?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning, Ruth!! Good morning all!!! Yes, I 've got my coffee!!! Work this a.m. and kids have a 1/2 day. Wondering if it's dry enough out there to do some yard work...I kind of hope not! LOL!! Got to get in a work out at some point today and then...not much planned!!!!! DH was not feeling well last night but left me sleeping so I woke up to a not about how much he loves me and the kids in case something happened. UGH! Why did he not wake me up ? Heart related stuff and he says he feels fine now but today, I'm praying and appreciative that I have today with my family!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth, I hope you'll be energized by the sunshine today and get caught up on lots of things.

The sun is out here, too. I'm so glad - I'm not sure my students and I could have survived another day without outdoor recess. LOL

Serena and Catherine both came through the surgery well and were out of recovery and in their rooms when I phoned to check on them last night. Thank you all so much for your prayers.

Have a great day, friends!

Good morning Kristen, I just saw your post now.

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-06-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning! I'm sorting toys into Rubbermaids. Fun times. I hope to be done on the third floor by Friday. Tonight Tom and I are going to tackle the desk and file cabinet. Yikes!

Sunshiney vibes to all!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Ok. So the check engine light went out (good) but my watch broke (bad). I checked the calendar and as I suspected, Mercury is in Retrograde since Friday. Then my son started throwing up last night and since my husband is staying home with him today, I let them sleep in our big bed and I slept in the aerobed in the living room. During the night the aerobed broke!! Deflated around me. We're only 4 days into the retrograde period and I am wondering if things will continue at this rate for the rest of it. sigh.

I've got a really busy day at work today and I'm sure when I get home the house will be a mess since the boys will have been home all day...so I doubt this will be a stress-less day. Deep breaths!!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Hey, I see a bright light in the sky here too! Much better than the snow yesterday

Ruth - There's still some coffee here and I'm sure a second pot will be on before 9. My desk is buried under mounds of paper. At least I hope there's a desk under there.

Kristen - I"m sure it's too wet for lawn work. Enjoy a relaxing day

Heidi - Happy recess

Kara - Wow, you're really making progress with the packing! I hope you get a bit of a break in there somewhere.

I think I'm working at home today. Not sure because I could be told otherwise but I hope not. Then I'll be on the road the next two days with a few hours working from one of my coffee shop offices There's so much going on with the job but I'm holding my own counsel for now, at least in public forums (DW has heard way more than anyone should have to!). At this point I'm just working on reframing my perspective. I agreed to try the new configuration until June and I can do that, especially now that it's less than two months away. After that it's time for a change. Sometimes even if the work is really important the organization is just too dysfunctional to be a healthy work environment.

Wow, just looked out at my driveway and realized that the side of the driveway snow pile is down to a tiny little pile. It's almost yard cleanup time! I'm looking forward to a weekend of birding and yard work. I've also decided to cut out 85% of the weekend work I've been doing

Okay, happy hump day friends. Hope it's sunny and smooth sailing where you are

ETA - Mathilda - I hope Mercury got it all out of its system last night and today is calmer!

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-06-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I am working out with my mom at a time later than usual and trying to decide how I'll feel if I do cardio at home first in stead of after. Hmm. She and I are going to a play tonight which I'm not really looking forward to and would just as soon stay home but will probably enjoy once I'm there. Wow, that sounds crabby! I'm blaming it on waking up groggy from crazy dreams again.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Ah, got my coffee...but still half asleep! Not to much planned today; work, homework, and maybe cleaning a bit when I get home. Get to move my ticker down today...2 more lbs!!!

Hope everyone has a great hump day.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- hope you get everything accomplished on your radar.

Kristen- enjoy each day as it comes.

Heidi- so glad to hear that surgery was a success.

Kara- your getting a lot accomplished.

Matilda- hopefully that will be the end of things going wrong for you.

Cyndi- hope you get to work from home today.

Karen- enjoy your workout with your mom. If I lived closer to my parents it would be working out with dad lol, mom does not work out.

Jessica- congratulations on moving your ticker down, every bit helps.

As for me- today I have a meeting to discuss my responsibilities at work- looks like I will be going into a trial period for new responsibilities- if it works out I will be doing more project work and not have staff reporting to me. Wish me well, I want to make sure this is a good fit for me and that they will provide training soon. Tonite, DD1 has a soccer game so have to go root her on.

Make it a great day everyone.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Slept in, yet again. Yesterday was good and at 5pm had a pleasant surprise -Anne (murphmitch), in Denver for meetings, called and asked if I could meet her for dinner. Kirk didn't want me driving alone and so we ventured across Denver and had a very enjoyable OP dinner and a great real life meet up. It's just so great to be a part of this forum and hang with others who have made SBD a WOL.

Ruth, your day sounds spectacular...except for all the meetings. Coffee here, thx.

Kristen, I hope your DH is feeling better today.

Heidi, glad to hear your friends surgeries went well.

Kara, pack pack pack.

Matilda, ouch for Mercury retrograde!

Cyndi, "reframing my perspective"….sometimes it's all we can do. Glad your snow is almost melted.

Karen, happy work out...I'm with ya….love mom but don't always look forward to those evening events. Sorry about those crazy dreams.

Jessica, congrats on another 2 # gone.

Pearlrose, today!

We had just gotten home from Denver when we decided to head back down. I was supposed to make more jam this AM but can't find the kitchen counter. I guess I have some pick up. Then I'll plan the rest of my day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #11  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Enjoyed the get together too Debbie! So far been OP all week here. Hopefully can continue it. Hard to plan when you have no idea what you'll be served. Back home tomorrow. Miss my bed!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
Enjoyed the get together too Debbie! So far been OP all week here. Hopefully can continue it. Hard to plan when you have no idea what you'll be served. Back home tomorrow. Miss my bed!
I was just reviewing my food log from yesterday....enjoyed my two meals out but it's back to basics, and I'm happy with that. It was really enjoyable eating out with like-minded friends. The giant piece of chocolate cake they put between you and I didn't even elicit a response. lol (sure was pretty, though)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

The toys are done! The toys are done! NINETEEN Rubbermaids full of toys! whew
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Jess - YAY for the 2 lb loss!

Just flying through real quick. Sara Bareilles was AMAZING. Seriously, I knew of 2 songs she has on the radio (and learned that another one on the radio was hers when she performed it last night) but she has some stuff that they don't play that I'm like....... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? She's phenomenal. Such control, power, energy, spirit, and she was just spot on. Anna, her mom, and I had a really fun time.

Got in at midnight though, and Anna still needed to take a shower. I'm wiped today, but it was worth it!

Hope everyone has a fabulous OP day!

Lisa
Old 04-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #15  

Matilda - I burst out laughing at the "deflated around me" - know I shouldn't, and bet it was lousy, but the image was priceless!!!

Too much going on to actually chat, but best to everyone!!!

Be well -
Closed Thread