Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #1  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Sarge's No Excuses/boot Camp To Beach Weather Challenge #3

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 43 lbs./19%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who are determined to give 110% each and every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge is Back!

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

Last edited by JayTee; 04-16-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #2  
SARGE

Welcome to Round 3 Platoon!

Pledges 4/3 - 4/10:

Sarge = 2
Rainbow= 4
Dreamer = 2
GooMaster = 1.2
Peanutt = 1
Sizzlin = 3
ASF = 3
Kris = 2.3
Pokey = 3
Cheshire = 2
Tubbak = 3
Resolute = 4
CocoLoco = 2
DCap = 2
Lucyf = 1
VickieL = 2
Fish = 1
JojoYo = 1

Newbies
Prvt. NEMom= 1.5
Prvt. Chickadee = 3
Prvt. Zoochick = 2
Prvt. Kneed2lose = 1.5
Prvt. Linalin = 3

Last edited by JayTee; 04-05-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #3  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

I'm beginning to think you ladies have some kind of advanced fat radar or something, my friend at work questioned me on my latest loss shortly into the day, not only that but she pointed out i was tanning a little, something i assume is from all the sun i got last week walking, not like i notice these things.

Work went well enough, a fairly easy day, still beat from lack of sleep, something i was cognizant of happening and ready to deal with, still i am struggling a bit to " bring out the jams " tonight.

Prepping mentally as i type, i know i will wake up some when i hit the pavement, weather is iffy, grey skies but not to bad otherwise, nothing else matters more to me though, so i push forward.

See you on the flip side.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #4  
SARGE

Hey Reso! Great first day back, huh! Let's see, a "pretty lady" on the trails last week, another potentially interested party at work this week, when will it stop?!?!? You know you're gonna get your walk in, because that's what you do! Soldier on!

Sarge
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #5  
Living the Life

Hope the walk with good Reso! You are very consistent with those walk which is very inspirational and awesome.
And all that lady attention lately. Oh la la, the walks are working.

It's storming here. Tornado watch, high winds and rain and all that lovely stuff.
I need a kick in the butt for tomorrow. I was off today. Exercise, food. Yeah, just off completely.

Okay, I'm going to go watch the wind some more and behave myself better.

To add to the running discussion. Side cramps are just one of those fun evils that running can produce. Like the other ladies said, going out too fast can produce them. Also eating right before running or chugging too much liquid before hand. Do try stretching your sides before you workouts. Just reach your hands over your head and bend to the side, concentrate on expanding and stretching the rib area on each side.
And if you 'run' into calf and shin pain...that rather normal for beginning runners too. Your body is just getting use to all this new stuff, muscles are trying to form and stress is added to new areas. Oh it's fun.

And yup, swelling fingers, normal as they said. Water retention and blood circulation. You are swinging your arms, mostly hanging them down and all that blood doesn't get pumped out of there efficiently so swelling. I just kind of wiggle my hands and swing my arms up or whatever if I feel it coming on to help 'loosen' it up. But it's harmless and will just go away.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 04-04-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #6  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

LOL, the lady at work is married but i do love her so.

Cheshire : With my extra walks lately i've averaged probably close to 10 Km every single day this year so far, so around 950 Km and counting, last year i was probably around 7 or 8 a day average.

Not much point in trying to lose weight if you are only going to come up with excuses "n'est-ce pas?". Be safe.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #7  
SARGE

Off Plan?!? "Just completely off..." Here you go Cheshire! Repeating that kick in the butt-er some others requested as well:

Thank you sir, YES you may have another if you don't get your butt-er in gear tomorrow!

Sarge

Last edited by JayTee; 08-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #8  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I challenge anyone who did not hit their pledge or who gained last week to post their action plan to make sure this week is better. I've learned that planning is one of the most important factors in success. Soooo: anyone game? Cmon gainers!!

Last edited by peanutt; 04-05-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #9  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Sarge Thank You for the virtual I sure needed it. I have been slacking on my food plan. I'm doing a little better with the exercise. I was suppose to be in Onderland by Easter. But looks like another 2 1/2 months yet. CW: 223.6.

Let's Melt some Butt-er! Meeting with my trainer in the morning. Getting back on plan tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default Yes, Count Me In Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have already lost 40 lbs./17%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who are all out willing and determined to give 110% each and every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition!"

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds that week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge is Back!

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.
OK, Sarge, sign me up! I will pull off 1 pound this week and prove my loyalty.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #11  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the advice about the side cramps and assurance that my swollen fingers weren't an early warning sign that they were going to fall off I'm excited to keep going with the program - couldn't have done it without you all!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #12  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

wow 3rd thread already HOOOOWWWEEEEE

Reso so what if she is married? she noticed which means other women do too.

chesire I LOVE STORMSS

peanutt GREAT IDEA!

jojo

Pokey yw, I was worried at first too no worries...its normal. My roblem now is pushing myself to close the gaps in my running...normally I run a block/walk a block but I want t be able to run the whole 5k without stopping. I might try doing the c25k as well...Seems like it might be good.\

Took a 4 hr na today meh now I will have a hard time sleeping YIKES! guess I just gotta make sure im up at 5 am tomorrow and not have any excuses. I have decided sun's will be my rest days from running since I can slee in those days No one to wake my *** up.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/155/140

Height: 5'9''

Hey everyone! Just letting you all now I'm still alive!! Busy as allgetout, school's putting me for the ringer (my to-do list is 18 bullets long, without homework), and I'm kind of going crazy, but alive. Up 5 lbs since last week... Not really the awesomeness I was hoping for but I'm back on track today, not overeating my calories AND with a trip to the gym! Yay me! I'll try to check in more often, but my life is just so crazy busy for the next two weeks (I just picked up a second job and my show opens on the 13th so I'm in the middle of tech rehearsals and stuff). By the 17th my schedule will free up so much I might cry. I'll definitely be on more then. I love you all!! Keep up the good work. I'll report by the 17th at the latest, Sarge, Have faith in me!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:29 AM   #14  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

pokey, I get swollen fingers just from long walks! It always disappears shortly. Great job getting started on the running program - I hope you really enjoy it!

I was on-track with eating today, but did not get to the gym this evening. No excuses, I just got some very upsetting news this evening and decided to spend the time with my husband tonight instead of leaving to go to the gym. But, after my husband went to bed tonight I searched and found a kickboxing workout on my OnDemand - so at least I managed something today! It was a great reminder of why I don't do classes at the gym: I have NO coordination whatsoever. I'll be at the gym for the weights with (kettle)bells on tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #15  
Living the Life

Morning Platoon!

Thank you for the butt kick Sir! I will be rubbing my sore butt-er, which will remind me to get off of it and lose it!

Plan for today:
Track ALL food. No sneaking!
Walk with co-workers.
Arms and legs.
With some light cardio dancing to top it off.

Go get 'em Platoon!
Closed Thread