Old 03-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldly Chicks enter Adorable April with Attitude and Aptitude

Here you go. Be back with the links shortly.

To go back to Miserable March click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...to-igor-8.html

Last edited by Shad; 03-31-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Editing links as promised
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #2  

Morning all and IT'S FRIDAY. It's been a long week of over 10 hour days - hope they are getting their moneys worth. It doesn't feel like it so far because everywhere I turn, I find something:
a: doesn't work
b: doesn't quite work
c: works but gives the wrong answers
d: we're still getting to that one.

I'd like to think I will sleep in tomorrow, but I guess it will be the normal - cat will get up around 4am and prowl around the house trying to wake everyone up with her yowling at the moon or the stars or a swaying branch of a tree - who knows. Then the parrots will get up and start their daily squabble at around 5.am. Follow that with the parakeets, magpies and the local neighbourhood dogs and the hoons either coming home or going about their debauchery. About 7.00am all the truckies are gone, the workers are gone, the hoons are goon, the birds are tucking into breakfast and all is peaceful until the lawn mower brigade start up. Life in the suburbs - sure aint for sissys

Mel - good to hear that you are up and running. Enjoy exploring Explorer and welcome to the wonderful wacky world of Microsoft. Everyone loves to hate it but it endures and still lives at the top of the market.

Michelle - take it easy - short walk to the end of the house, and then to the end of the yard and then to the end of the street when you are ready. Walking really is the best exercise once you get those muscles straight.

Annie - good luck with the date. Hope you have a very happy time. We all have our fetishes with looks - with me it is hair, he must have it on his head and not on his chin! I lost the post because I read your explanation on the lizard saliva and then tried to find Mel's post referring to it. Silly me.

Happy - safe travels and have fun sorting out where to put your stuff in the next house.

Ceejay - I hope your head is feeling better now. My brain is fried - I have no idea at this time how I feel.

Laura - Bloody office politics - head down, do your work and hope!

I think it was Michelle who asked about how the pharmaceutical companies happen on things like snake oil and lizard saliva. Well let me tell you my theories - I will anyway, you don't have to read.
Once upon a time there were pockets of people called tribes, clans, families whatever, and they had no modern luxuries as such. They had to rely on themselves for food, water, shelter, travel, and get well quick stuff. To eat, they hunted and they found that certain things were available and were palatable to eat - well those that weren't dead from poisoning found it palatable. Being thrifty people, every single part of the plant or animal got eaten, and somewhere along the line someone noticed that if certain lizards (for example) were consumed, certain things could happen to the body. The oil and liquid parts of the animal could clear up certain conditions. Eventually they sorted out the medicinal bits and they passed the knowledge down through the eons to their people.
Then of course progressive man came and figured out that money was to be made in this and learned about goanna linament or lizard saliva, or pollen from a plant that stopped the chest hurting and gave it a fancy name. Then started selling the stuff. The simple old people didn't make too much out of this and their original foodstuffs started drying up because progressive man was out killing all the livestock and making the animals almost extinct. Who cared, by that time progressive man was able to make imitation snake oil in the laboratory with supposedly all the same properties as the real stuff and the simple people sunk into the land and gradually faded away.

Cynical - not me! I'd better get on with life as it is now. See ya
Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD....THANKS FOR BEGINNING THE APRIL THREAD. I FEEL BETTER ALREADY!! LOL LOVED THE THEORY OF PROGRESSIVE MAN AND NOW I AM THINKING I BEST GO BUY A WAGON AND SELL SNAKE OIL DOOR TO DOOR...I COULD PAY THE BILLS!! ROFLMAO JOHN MIGHT BE MY BEST CUSTOMER!!! HOPE YOU GET TO SLEEP IN THIS WEEKEND AND THAT YOU GOT THINGS WORKING AT WORK OR AT LEAST SOME ANSWERS

ANNIE...THANKS FOR THE JOKE POST....NOW I AM CRACKING UP AND HAVE YOUR FRIGGING HEADACHE AS WELL!! BUT WE ARE AT LEAST LAUGHING. AS FOR ALAN....I UNDERSTAND THOROUGHLY AND THAT IS WHY GOD MADE PAPER BAGS & PILLOW CASES!! USE THEM WISELY! YOU WOULD HAVE LOVED THE CABLE GUY...YOUNG, TALL, DARK HAIR, CUTE, NICE HANDS, NICE TEETH, NICE BUTT...COME TO THINK OF IT...EVERYTHING WAS NICE. EVEN THE JEANS!!

MICHELLE...LISTEN TO THE PT BEFORE DOING ANYTHING. MASSAGES CAN MAKE INFLAMMATIONS WORSE IF YOU HAVE ANY. NOT A NICE THING. I LEARNED THE HARD WAY QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO. OUCH SO BE VERY CAREFUL.

ELLEN .......HOPE YOUR DAY WENT OK AND THE CHIRO APPT TOO

CEEJAY.....YOU AND MY DD HAD THE SAME KIND OF DAY....SINUS! HOPE THE DR CAN FIX YOU UP AND YOU FEEL BETTER

LAURA...SENDING CALMING THOUGHTS YOUR WAY STAY STRONG AND HOPE IT WILL ALL WORK OUT FOR THE BEST. GOOD LUCK

SPENT TIME HERE & IN THE OFFICE. MADE THE BACKUP USB KEY THINGY FOR FUTURE USE. LET US HOPE I NEVER NEED IT!!! THIS WEEKEND I'LL SHOW JEN SOME STUFF. TRYING TO GET USED TO IE. I MIGHT JUST DOWNLOAD AOL IN THE FUTURE IF I FIND IT WAS EASIER TO SEE AND MANEUVER. LOVING THE SPEED OF THE GAMES! WOW!!! AND SUCH COLORS!!!
WE PLAYED A DVD THIS AFTERNOON WHILE WE CHATTED. I CAN SEE JEN & I SPENDING MORE TIME TOGETHER NOW! HOPE NO ONE GETS SICK OF ME TALKING ABOUT MY NEW TOY. I AM SURE I'LL HAVE PLENTY OF DISCOVERIES TO SHARE. YOU POOR PEOPLE!!
I BETTER TURN THIS SUCKER OFF FOR TODAY. IT MUST BE TIRED!!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-31-2011 at 06:19 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #4  
Happy September

o', LAST IN AND AND FIRST AGAIN THIS MORNING? THAT'S TWICE THIS WEEK CHICKS. YOU GUYS ARE SLIPPING.....OR SLEEPING.
WOKE UP SINGING THE DOOBiE BROTHER'S SONG WHAT A FOOL BELIEVES....WONDER IF I WAS TRYING TO GIVE MYSELF A HINT....
I HAVE SOME STUFF TO GET DONE BEFORE THEY ALL LEAVE SO I AM OFF TO AN EARLY START. HAVE A SUPER DAY!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Shad - thanks for starting the April thread. I've been very busy packing and getting ready to go buy a house. It's been hard working all day then coming home and thinking and packing and running around. BUT ... in my near future is a hotel room with a nice whirlpool tub in the suite so it will all be worth it

I'm sorry I don't have enough time for personals right now. Will try and get back at lunch.

Remember - today is April Fool's Day. Don't be one
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #6  
Happy September

HAPPY...... STAY WELL AND HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE. SAFE TRAVELS. TAKE NOTES AND FILL US IN!! ENJOY THE WHIRLPOOL!!! TELL DH CONFRATULATIONS FROM MY HOUSE TO YOUR NEW ONE!
YOU SHOULD TAKE A LOT OF PICS AND MAKE A JOURNAL FOR THE NEW HOME.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #7  

Morning all. TGIF.

Shad – Thanks for setting up the new thread. I found your explanation of how the like of lizard serum are discovered to have positive effects on humans, or prevent negative conditions, and I tend to agree. However, I don’t feel big business is all to blame. It seems like I’ve heard before that a certain ethnic group/race is putting a certain geographic area/animal species/plant species in danger of obliteration/extinction because they believe that this plant or animal part gives them some special health benefit (or se*ual virility, it always seems). And whatever the commodity is, there’s high demand and high prices and therefore they hunt this stuff down to the detriment of Mother Earth.

Michelle – Hope you had a nice day off and your back is feeling better. How’s Mischief doing? I hope the new meds are taking effect – for both of you!

Happy – Safe travels on your trip up north. I hope the travel with the trailer goes smoothly. Take lots of pics for us!!

Ceejay – How are you feeling now? Very frustrating to be having to deal with those sinus issues, I’m sure.

Annie – How did the date go?? I hope you enjoyed yourself – you deserve it girly!!

Mel – You sound absolutely thrilled with your new setup. Glad you’re enjoying it. Be patient – you’ll get the hang of the new stuff before you realize it, I’m sure.

Ellen – You sound busy as usual!

Hope I didn’t forget anyone.

I had a long talk yesterday w/ the mgr who is leaving (after the boss left the office early for an appt.) She’s in a horrible situation – I feel just awful for her. Our merged department’s head has had a big hand in this situation, and the boss seems to have joined the bandwagon instead of supporting and defending the mgr. Most of what they are claiming appears to be unsupported, and HR seems to be of little help to the mgr. This is very demoralizing and depressing to me. I don’t feel like I trust the boss or the dept head at this moment, and I’ve never found our HR group to be very employee-friendly. But for now, Shad’s right – I just need to keep my head down and work hard.

I missed my train last night and so I skipped exercise class. BF and I went to the new Pei Wei Asian diner at our local mall that is being totally overhauled as a “lifestyle center”. We ordered two entrees and we both ended up eating one and boxing the other because it seemed the one got cold very quickly.

I’ve had a checklist going the past few days for some healthy habits I’m trying to form. I’ve been doing pretty good with the daytime, but not at night. No purchased snacks at work/after work, and I’m drinking more water and eating more fruit, so that part is working well.

The only thing I have going this weekend is a blood donation on Saturday morning. They sent me two reminder postcards w/ two different times. I’ll check their site and see what it says there. Hopefully I can work in an exercise class before the appointment. I’m not too concerned about that at the moment. My elbow/arm has been sore and I’m thinking I just need to give it a rest, and almost all the cardio classes seem to have a strength training portion that I can’t seem to allow myself to deliberately not do.

Okay, better get back to work.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Buenos Dias Chicas!!

Woke up this morning to our internet and phone service down. Thank goodness DH is still home on Vacay or I would have beaten someone up at the phone company. I am still very stressed since DD2 was still having some sensitivity issues when she would use the bathroom (read screaming and crying) and since they also widened her urethra she was up about 6 times last night. Along with the 7-8 times she was up the night b4 and I Am one tired chica.

DH and I spend the day yesterday out car shopping and bought a 2011 Toyota Camry. OUr down pmt was our trade in and we qualified for the 0% so we went for it. things will be tighter with a car pmt, but you can't pass it up.

Las night we Dove everyone into Chicago for dinner with friends, went to Lalo's on Maxwell street enjoyed some mango margaritas and only ate about 1/3 of my dinner. Mad Blueberry pancakes this morning for Breakfast, and just working on Mt Washmore and getting DD2 to keep drinking water. She is doing much better today and is expected to return to school on Monday!

Have to get moving gotta catch up on my work e-mail since I will be returning tonight. Have a great day!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #9  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Lizard serum. Ugh. I am convinced the meds for diabetes are like those for weight loss. Just plain scary Mary!!!!

Laura - the biggest misconception of all working people is that HR is there for you. They are not. The sole purpose of the HR department is to make sure that the company DOES NOT GET SUED. That's why there will never give you a direct answer to anything. So don't ever think they are there to protect the employee. I have seen issues of zero tolerance for blatant sXual harrassment be ignored if the company deems the harrasser too important to lose. I have seen very discriminatory and hypocritical practices take place under the guise of diversity... I would not use our HR dept if they came with a free coupon Such is the world today. I feel sorry for the manager at your place. Like a pack of wolves.

Ellen - enjoy your new Toyota. We were loyal Toyota customers but with all the problems they have had with new cars, not sure what we'd do next. I am sticking with my 2002 4Runner - made before all the controversy started.

Mel - I promise to take lots of pictures and get your room all prettied up. No pool though :sad: but there is a nice screened gazebo You have a nice, quiet weekend playing on your new computer.

Shad - I think you have just found the norm at your job. Long hours trying to fix up what was neglected for too long. I hope you have a restful weekend.

Oops. got to get back to work. Later...
Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #10  

Ellen - Lalo's - yummmmm! Sorry dd is having sensitivity issues- hope that disappears quickly & she can get back to her normal activities.

Enjoy that new car smell!! : D

Happy - yup, our HR is there to make sure all the i's are crossed, etc. so there's no lawsuit later. Part of that is an improvement plan, like probation... But the mgr was told more than once they were sure she wouldn't be able to meet those goals- which were ill-defined anyway. Aargh!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #11  

Oh yes Laura - I forgot about progressive man - primitive progressive man and his fetish with his enjoyment of 'the rites of man' (read rights as well). Hence the disappearance of bigger animals than the lizard. You'll notice it is mostly the male kind of mankind that I refer to.
As I say - cynical, not I????

At last it is Saturday and I am enjoying a cup of coffee while waiting for the washer. Then it is all go from there. Since it has rained on and off for much of the week not a lot of Mt Washmore got done. So today is the day for that. Ooops load just got finished, time to hang out and start the next one. Back soon.

That's done - only about 4 more loads to go as well as the rest of the housework - although I want to put a series of insect bombs around the house today to get rid of the wee animals that want to come inside now that the weather is cooling off. They don't have an invite, so unless they leave nicely, then they will be bombed out of existence.

Back later- things to be done.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Evening/Night/Morning Sweet Chickies

What a day this has been...no real time to rejoice and be glad in it....lol

Swamped at work #1 and never ending customers at work #2. Had to literally go back and tell the customers we closed 5 minutes ago and get the H out...well that is what I felt like saying....that was after two announcements that close was going to happen and that it had happened. Really people....

Laura...HR sucks mostly...even the people on our Ethic line cannot guarantee that what you say will not get back to the wrong people. That is pathetic cause HR promotes complete anominity (SP). Sadly, I am not a very trusting person anyway, so they might as well forget me contacting them for ANYTHING. My heart goes out to your co-worker boss cause really once someone higher and HR decide something, your time is over. HEAD DOWN, WORK HARD....

Shaddie...thank you for starting the new thread...how the H do you have so much laundry...I have to wait a week to do a load of towels and dress clothes. When I was married and the kids were around it was a different story, but not now....laundry is scarce around here.

Ellen...loving the Camry...I have an '05 and absolutely love it....very few probs with it, actually other than the dang wiper motor replacement, it has been repair free. Knock on wood...I just turned 142000 miles on it too. It will be paid off in a few months...I can hardly wait. Congrats!! Hope the babe gets to feeling better and you, my sister get some rest.

Happy...for everything you pack, pitch two things....and you won't even miss them....I set 5 boxes out for the trash man when I moved that had not been opened in 16 years....don't know what was in them and have not missed a thing. Isn't that funny....then again I do not miss my xh or a wart on my foot either....lol.

MELLIE...I am really the last in today....I was just so busy at both works, I didn't even log in. Sometimes I log in and read and post later...but I didn't even do that....wonderful you are enjoying all the newness of the computer, no worries about babbling about it..Lord knows we all babble from time to time...plus your babble is entertaining.

Hey ya Ceejay...what's going on in your world??

CHELLE...hope you are doing ok and all is good with your back. Measure and weigh..wink wink....

Going to Kentucky tomorrow to visit my nephew/wife and my GREAT NIECE. Jocelyn Anne...my brother is coming by at 7 am to pick me up...so much for sleeping in...hahaha...like I do anyway...NOT.

The date was great...he is still a very nice guy, not pushy, and gives me my space...me time. Just don't know why I am not completely connecting with him, please don't let it be his teeth...lol....Is he too nice and I need the mean-ness challenge....I AM WARPED.

Got to get some sleep to get up and go to KY. GO BUTLER BULLDOGS!!!!
DAWGS RULE!! BU...TLE... R U A BULLDOG????

Love and Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #13  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

Run run run run run!!!! We have the trailer all packed. Now I am taking a short break before I pack my clothes. And clean the kitchen. And make a list. And try and get to bed and get a few hours of sleep. We are leaving early - DH would have us leave earlier but then I would get no sleep at all. I will just fold at 3:30 am and that would not be good. So we compromised in the middle. I will try to meet his time as close as possible. It will be much slower going towing a trailer. I can see how how this will get old (towing) rather quickly.

I did have a great day at work. We had a raffle with several baskets full of good stuff that were donated by various departments. I bought $10 worth of tickets and put most of them in for the drawing for the Wicked Kitchen basket. The drawing was at our corporate office and I was not there for the picnic but kept thinking around that time "please draw the name and announce Happy2bme, Happy2bme!". They called in the early afternoon and I thought they were calling to solicit donations I won the basket I wanted. It has a Kitchenaide Professional Series stand mixer. Heavy duty which will be great for grinding meat and making pasta and such. The darn thing is so heavy that I cannot lift it! There was also a metal tub full of goodies - can opener, peeler, towels, placemats, oils and seasonings, apron, 7 cookbooks - all southern influence But very very nice things and all stuff I can certainly use in the new kitchen. It really made my day. God is smiling on me lately and I am grateful.

But it's been non stop work all day and all night the last 3 days and I am beat.

Time to get back to work as I have a get in bed deadline of midnight which is fast approaching.

Hope you all have a great week ahead of you. I hope DD is going to heal up nicely Ellen.

Will be thinking of you all - thanks for the good wishes. Will post if I can at my cousin's or the hotel.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #14  
Happy September

THE SUN IS OUT!! YIPPEE!! I BETTER SIT BY THE WINDOW AND SOAK IT ALL UP CAUSE WE'RE NOT GOING TO SEE VERY MUCH OF IT FOR A WEEK OR ORE. APRIL SHOWERS HAVE ARRIVED.
LAST NIGHT I ORDERED CHINESE FOOD SO I COULD SIT HERE AND PLAY WITHOUT HAVING TO COOK THIS WEEKEND I ALSO HAD TO HOOK UP THE OLD PC SO I CAN GET TO MY AOL ACCOUNT. FOR SOME REASON THERE WAS NO WAY TO GET THERE FROM THIS ONE
JEN SHOWED ME HOW TO ENLARGE THE PAGES WITH THE LITTLE % THING IN THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER. I THINK I AM IN LOVE WITH IE NOW

SINCE MY BIRTHDAY, THINGS HAVE BEEN GOING SO GREAT THAT I AM ALMOST AFRAID TO WAKE UP EACH MORNING AND FIND IT ALL GONE . I WANTED TO TELL MY FRIEND IN THE OFFICE BUT WE WERE NEVER ALONE. YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL OF JEALOUSY DOWNSTAIRS. SOMETHING I WILL NEVER GET USED TO. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO JUST BEING HAPPY FOR SOMEONE? SAD REALLY.
SO HERE I SIT SHARING MY GOOD FORTUNES WITH FRIENDS KNOWING THEY AREN'T STICKING PINS IN A MELLIE DOLL EACH NIGHT AND TRYING TO CHANGE MY TIDE OF GOOD LUCK. I WONDER IF THEIR MELLIE DOLLS ARE ON WHEELS TOO?

I NEED TO PRINT OUT SOME SIGNS FOR TRADER JOE'S TRIP THIS COMING THURSDAY WHILE THE OLDIE IS UP & RUNNING. THEN FIND MY SOFTWARE AND REINSTALL IT HERE. I LOOK SO PROFESSIONAL WITH TWO PCs ON TWO TABLES. A FRIEND WAS CRACKING UP WHEN HE WALKED IN HERE YESTERDAY. ASKED IF THIS IS THE NEW HOUSING OFFICE.

OK ENOUGH RAMBLING. BUT THE FUNNY THING IS....WITH ALL THE GOOD THINGS HAPPENING....I HAVE HARDLY FELT ANY PAIN THIS WEEK. THE MIND REALLY DOES WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS! HAPPINESS IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

HAPPY.... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND I AM SO PLEASED TO READ ABOUT YOU'RE WINNING ALL THOSE GOODIES. MUST HAVE BEEN LIKE CHRISTMAS AT YOUR HOUSE. LOAD IT ALL IN THE TRAILER FOR NEXT TRIP! ENJOY IT ALL!

SHAD.....MAYBE WE SHOULD HIRE YOU TO GET RID OF OUR MICE. THE EXTERMINATOR CANNOT SEEM TO CORRALE THE LITTLE BUGGERS!! HOPE YOU WON THE BATTLE OF THE GATE CRASHING BUGS!! NO INVITES INDEED!!

LAURA...THAT DANG ARM SURE IS STUBBORN. GIVE IT A REST IS A GREAT IDEA! I AM SORRY TO HEAR YOUR MGR IS GETTING SUCH A RAW DEAL. SEEMS TO BE THE NORM THESE DAYS IN CORPORATE AMERICA. SAD REALLY. PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON FOR THE BUMPY RIDE AND KEEP YOUR HEAD TUCKED DOWN. WE'LL SENDDYOU GOOD THOUGHTS TO GET THRU IT ALL. I HAD CHINESE LAST NIGHT AND WAS THINKING OF YOU & THE BF....WONDERED WHAT EXOTIC FOODS YOU MIGHT HAVE THIS WEEKEND.

ANNIE....I SOMETIMES DON'T KNOW HOW YOU MANAGE THE 2 JOBS AND RUNNING YOUR HOME ALONE. MY HAT IS ALWAYS OFF TO YOU...OR IT WOULD BE IF I EVER WORE ONE! AS FOR YOUR POSTS, THEY CAN MAKE MY DAY. GETS MY HUMOR GOING AND MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE. I ALWAYS WENT FOR THE BAD BOYS...NOT A GOOD HABIT. HOPE YOU FIND YOUR MR. WONDERFUL AND LEARN HOW TO LIKE THE "NICE ONES". HAVE A GREAT VISIT THIS WEEKEND. SAFE TRAVELS.

CEEJAY.....WHERE ARE YOU??? DID WE LEAVE YOU BEHIND IN MARCH??

ELLEN...I AM SAD TO HEART THE POOR DD IS GOING THRU SO MUCH. HOPE THIS WEEKEND SHE WILL BE FEELING MUCH BETTER AND YOU GET SOME SLEEP TOO I CAN THINK OF NOTHING WORSE THAN KIDS AND SICKNESS OF ANY KIND. GLAD YOU GOT INTERNET BACK. I WOULD DIE NOW WITHOUT IT

MICHELLE....NOW WHERE HAVE YOU GONE TO???? IT'S GETTING HARDER AND HARDER TO KEEP YOU WORLDLY CHICKS ALL ROUNDED UP!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-02-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #15  

Hello Worldlies!

Shad - Hope you don't get any critters taking up residence indoors with you. I know they often serve beneficial purposes, but I just hate insects! Yeh, like Annie, I'm also wondering about all that laundry you have. Course I like having enough clothes & linens to not have to do too much laundry each week, and bf and I are each responsible for only our own laundry. And bf and I share the laundering of the household linens. My least favorite household chore is a tie between cleaning tub/tile and cleaning the floors. Reminds me - I want to shop for a steam mop this weekend.

Annie - Hope you're enjoying your weekend off from CVS and your time in KY w/ your bro, nephew and his family. I'm jealous your car is almost paid off - almost two years left on ours - boo! I'm glad you enjoyed your date - just go w/ the flow and enjoy this guy & his niceness. No meanness!!! Oh, and I'm not a bulldog - not a college b-ball fan at all. In fact I almost asked someone at work yesterday if March madness was over yet, LOL.

Happy - Hope your road trip is going well. Did you get any sleep? - it was already late when you posted...and your remaining to-do's sounded substantial. I hope you get to catch up tonight!! Congrats on winning the kitchen gift basket!!! How exciting for you!! I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer, and I plan to have that baby for the rest of my life! Now we just have to make sure we stay strong enough to lift it!!! Bf and I are interested in buying a pasta attachment for it....

Mellie - You sound as happy as a clam these days. You deserve it!!! Sad to hear that you don't feel like you can share it with many people for fear of unpleasant jeolousy. How was the chinese food? Now don't get so absorbed in your games this weekend that you forget to eat! No exotic meals for us this weekend - yet. I did snarf down a little bag of white cheddar popcorn after my blood donation this morning, and then grabbed a pack of Oreos for the road - shame on me!! :blush: I stopped at TJ's and bought several things in 2's - two boxes of cereal, two types of cheese, and two bottles of wine. But just one package of chicken/brown rice doggie treats!

Hellos to Ellen, Ceejay and Michelle!

Quiet night last night. My alarm clock jumped ahead overnight - three weeks after the actual DST began. So I woke up an hour earlier than I thought it was. Okay, perhaps I should spring for an up-to-date alarm clock that is smart enough to know when the Feds change the DST begin/end dates! Anyway, it worked out well because I thought I was running late when I finally discovered I had an extra hour before I had to leave the house.

After the blood donation and TJ's stops, I went back to the one resale shop to see if they still had the framed pictures I belatedly discovered would be good for a couple open spots on the kitchen walls. Nope, they were goners. C'est la vie. I went to a 2nd resale shop near the house and they had one that I liked. Back home, I cleaned it up and now it's ready for bf to hang.

Well, after a short cloudy spell and a couple sprinkles, it seems to have lightened up again. Good time to get doggie out for a walk! So I'm going to post and be off!

Everyone enjoy what remains of your weekends.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-02-2011 at 02:03 PM.