South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Monday, April 4

Hello everyone,

Welcome to a new week. Monday mornings are always a little anxiety producing for me - I never know what the week will bring. Right now I can hear my son stirring in his room and sniffling. I hope he's not sick.

We're supposed to have a rainy couple of days - I guess April showers is true. The weekend was beautiful so I won't complain, although I did want to get outside and do my hill walking today. Maybe I can still do it, even in the rain.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Matilda, thanks for getting us started, and I hope the week ahead is a good one for you and all is well with your son.

It was a good weekend, although a tad bit chilly for my liking. But we were able to get our garden all prepped and it's ready for planting. I'm planning on getting the cold weather plants in this weekend.

It should be a fun and interesting week at the farm, as construction starts this week on a big remodeling project. I'll be busy and getting a good workout trying to keep up with all the dust.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning, MMCK...I'll take the rain any day now over the SNOW!!! Wooo HOOOO, it's 43 degrees out!!! Hope your week is calm.

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee, almost time to start getting ready. I made a batch of sweet potatoes and mushrooms last night (which you put over quinoa)...looking forward to that for lunch!! We are getting a new couch in today...HOW EXCITING! We've been married 10 years, and we're finally getting a new one!! Teal leather couch, be gone!! (actually we're moving that one down to the basement living area)

I'm slowly creeping up my mileage, I'm trying really hard not to get an injury again. So yesterday, ran 6.5 miles! Woot woot!! I keep contemplating a half marathon again. Actually, there's some really COOL trail races that I'd love to enter too! I'm slow, it's just the fun in doing them.

Enough babbling. Have a great day!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

M, I hope your week goes smoothly and that your son is feeling fine and frisky this morning. I'm contemplating walking in the rain today, too. I have a treadmill but nothings feels as good as walking outdoors does and thanks to the hilly terrain I get a much better workout when I walk outdoors. Right now it's snowing, but the weatherman promises it's going to get warm enough to change over to rain.

Linda, enjoy your day! Our neighbors did some remodeling a few years ago and it was so much fun to see the changes but not have to live with the mess and confusion. Of course now they get to live with the wonderful new changes and we're still living with the 'same old same old'.

Congratulations on the new couch Tammy! We are thinking about getting new living room furniture too. Ours is 15 years old and still looks good but just doesn't feel as good as it used to. So many nice memories though.... I have a bad habit of getting too attached to things.

I have to head in to school a little bit early today. Because we were snowed out on Friday I have to change my calendar to April and do a few other 'new month switches' before the kids arrive this morning.

Have a great day friends!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Back to work and back up north for me. It's the regular Monday morning meeting (though snow storms have canceled a few this year!)

Mathilda - Rain here too but it's better than the alternative. Our snow is almost all gone!

Cottage - I am sooooo jealous! Can I come play in your garden?

Twynn - oh, your lunch sounds yummy. Can't wait to hear your review
Congratulations on the mileage

Lots to prep so I'm off and running. Have a good Monday everyone
Old 04-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning, gals! I have 2 houses to clean today (and they are both a lot of work) so I'm going to forgo any planned exercise this morning as I think I will be burning a ton of calories in 4 hours straight cleaning. Then, not too much for the evening...might get together with my neighbors to welcome our snowbird home!! I cannot wait to get my bodymedia!! I'm counting down the days!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Well having to give the dog away yesterday was harder than I anticipated and well I ate way too many off plan things. Today is a new day and a fresh start so here I go! This starts week 2 of Phase 1 and so far so good with my only skip up being yesterday.

I have the one house to clean today, grocery shopping to do and the hitting the gym! Busy, Busy as usual!

I hope you all have a wonderful OP day!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning from "snow changing to rain" Delta. Yick! At least we know it will be over soon and it was nice for the weekend.

Matilda, thanks for cranking us up. I do hope your Monday anxiety dissipates quickly and today turns into a "sunny" day for you.

Cottage, I am sooo envious. I poked my raised bed yesterday afternoon and it's still frozen below 6". Maybe next weekend? I totally understand the challenges of keeping up with dust during construction.

Twinn, smart chickie for being careful with your exercise strategy. It takes soooo long to recover from injuries. My back is still grieving me after hurting it shoveling way back in February.

Heidi, the snow is sure sticking to you folks! We still have some in the woods but today's contribution seems to be melting fast. I hope you have no more snow days to make up in June.

Cyndi, come here and have a meeting. We're up North.

Kmac, housework definitely is a calorie burner! I am lucky to have Donna to do mine but sometimes think I should just get off my butt and do it. Enjoy the reunion tonight.

Started the morning a bit late after a really great weekend. The play on Saturday was excellent and I even enjoyed chaperoning the cast party with Glen Pyper. Elaine introduced me to her friends as her "sort of" Grandma.

The drive home was glorious with sunshine and geese steaming overhead. I am so lucky to live in sunch a beautiful part of the province!

Girls' Family Dinner was fun last night. Four so-called adults and six kids for a BBQ supper. Ben, who is 16, did the grilling and uncorked the wine. I taught him how to operate a corkscrew and overheard him arguing about technique with his mother when she tried to open one. I did OK on food by ignoring the deveilled eggs, pasta salad and make-your-own sundaes.

Today I do a quilting marathon with the quilt biddies and have to go to a visitation late this afternoon or tonight. I may opt out in favour of the funeral instead. I sometimes have a problem with the chit-chat at visitations because I can't stand gossips. "How do you know that?" usually stops the conversation dead! Imagine that!

Time to crank up the body and get on with the day.

Enjoy yourself whatever you do.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Vicki, you sneaked in while I was blethering! Busy is a good thing. My sympathies about having to give the dog away. It broke my heart every time I sold one of my puppies when I was in the breeding business.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, all! I'm taking a break from moving prep. We finally got the official orders so now we're just waiting on the port call date. Apparently, that can take up to seven days and Tom just applied for it on Friday so we're hoping it comes by this Friday. I spent the morning sorting kids' clothes. I've got them separated by size and gender and I have five Rubbermaid boxes filled with about four more bins-worth of clothes ready to go in once Tom gets home with more boxes. These are clothes the kids don't fit in now so they'll be in some kind of storage when we get to Hawaii and I don't want bugs to get into the clothes so I am putting them in trash bags, taping the trash bags, and then dumping that in the Rubbermaid bins. I hope that is good enough. This afternoon I'm going to go through the homeschool materials and weed out used things. Such fun. I've been catching up on Grey's Anatomy on the computer so it hasn't been awful. Somehow I got a whole season behind.

Time to go get the girls from Kindergarten and then feed my young 'uns.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Yesterday was record-breaking hot here and the highs today are expected to be 40 degrees less! The front came in with hail last night which got DH, DS, and me jumping up from the couch to look outside. Kansas in the Spring!

My teen picked clothes up off the floor of his room yesterday to do laundry. I folded 6 loads for him. Obviously he has too many clothes! I hope he will finally weed out the old ratty stuff before he goes to college this fall; I'd like to put the leftovers in drawers for a change when he's gone.

Happy Monday everyone.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

It's back to work I go after Spring Break. This is the home stretch, we have 8 weeks until summer break. Teachers also start to relax since state testing is done. It is also the time when all of the grades start taking field trips.

I am starting phase 1 again today. I have been way off plan and really off the last week. It is all good.

Have a great Monday!!

Jasmine
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #13  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning all! Starting back on the beach today after a few years off. I keep waiting for life to settle down a bit so I can take care of myself but I don't think it's ever going to do that so today I'm jumping in with both feet to get some of this weight off.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Matilda. I thought I was going to relieve you of that duty quite early this morning then thankfully I went back to sleep. I hope your Monday is stress-free!

I've been sleeping a lot more lately...that is a very good thing, but I miss early mornings with all of you. I did go exercise with DH before firing up the computer. I need to see what my mom needs help with before I plan the rest of my day.

Linda (cottagebythesea), yay for getting your garden prepped! Nice that you can workout at work this week.

Twynn, great that you are starting to get your miles in...and a new couch to boot!

Heidi, ouch for snow! I saw some pics on the news yesterday. I do hope you've seen the last of your school snow days for this season!

Cyndi, safe driving and happy Monday!

Kristen (kmac), I like days when I get my exercise doing work things.

Vicki(Vking), I'm sorry yesterday was hard. I work for a rescue and we do come across your situation, where the pup is too aggressive with the child. I know they will place your pup in a more suitable environment. Take care!

Ruth, your party sounded fun and good for you ignoring those hip sticking foods!

Kara, wow, you will be in Hawaii very soon!

Karen, amazing temperature change! It feels like Spring here, too.

Jasmine(tanner'smom), great for your jumping right back on plan after your week with company.

Kelly J
, Hi! Welcome back to the beach! I've found that life never settles down...great that you've decided to just jump back in!

to everyone else!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW192 /S 189 /C176.5/G165

Morning all! Ahhh its a new week and in AZ its too hot already, but get this its going from the high 90's to the high 60's by weeks end, gotta love AZ whether NOT. Busy with school and just trying so hard to stay motivated so I can get this semester done. I am actually taking summer semester off and so looking forward to it! Today is the start of 1.5 for me, gonna eat oatmeal and enjoy every bite!
Closed Thread