Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~April Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? How about the 60 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-04-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #2  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Yo!
First one to wish everyone a good April!!!

The picture was taken a year ago. My face isn't that round now!

This is from KarenMO:

Sister chicks

To all my peeps!

WE SISTER-CHICKS NEED TO STICK

TOGETHER -

LOVE AND PRAY FOR
EACH OTHER - STAND WITH AND FOR EACH

OTHER - SUPPORT

AND
ENCOURAGE ONE

ANOTHER - YEP - THAT'S WHAT SISTERS DO BEST !!!

Last edited by jess1; 03-31-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #3  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh NO. More SNOW. I have to go to Boston. It looks like a blizzard out there. Lots of accidents. Auuuuuurrrrrrgh. Tell me again when Spring started?
Karen3, Quick! This is an emergency! Please Fed-ex SUN! (Thank you)
Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #4  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy April 1st, who's gonna be the fool today?

I'm on my way into treatment again today on my neck/upper shoulders.........so boring.
Later Gator
Old 04-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Geepers We got phone calls yesterday because the "weather fools" kept reporting such nasty stuff and played it like super storm the end of the world junk.(cleaned that word up) We had 9.5" of rain in 2 days and lots of thunder storms like the usual summer storms. A few twisters way South of here. Nothing like the hugh tornados they get in the midwest. Lights flicker at times because of palm fonds on the lines or the mice fall off the treadmill. Biggest difference was snowbirds still here and not used to tropical weather.

Zoe....Sunshine emergency package is on it's way.

Off to play some bridge. Gotta figure out what to do for dinner. sighhhh i want a wife. karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 04-03-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good Morning GG's. Here's to a new month and achieveing new goals. Have good day everyone and watch out for the April Fools jokes! some people are really twisted
Old 04-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning and Happy April! When I stepped on the wii balance board a sign came up saying that the balance board isn't working------then said April Fools!! I couldn't even the wii was playing jokes!!! LOL!! Anyway, the weighin this morning was 161.6 so I moved my ticker to 162. I was hoping that I would be out of the 160's by the end of the month, but next month maybe I can get out of the 150's!! Anyway, that is what I'm going to work towards.

Donna, I thought that email fit all of us perfect!! Thanks for posting it. I understand that there is a fire ban out in your neck of the woods... I'd love to send you some rain! A few days ago we got 9/10" of rain and then yesterday we got another 3/10" !! Everything is all green and pretty but I could sure stand to have a few days of sunshine!!

Zoe, I heard about your "noreaster" back that way too. Be careful driving in that mess! I hope you get some sunshine back your way too!

Karen-- we haven't had any severe weather here yet.. but I know we will have plenty of warnings for tornados in our area too. It is funny around here, people will get outside and look for it when they issue a tornado warning!! I guess they have become so used to it. Kinda scary! They say a tornado won't hit between two rivers, Carthage is between two rivers! Don't know how true that is but it's interesting!

Well, better get my workout in--I was glad I did my workout before taking my Aunt yesterday because we left here at 11:00am and didn't get back until after 5:00pm!! I would have been to tired to even do it!

Have a great day!!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #8  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Oh, poor PT/Zoe.... I thought about all of you when I saw the weather report last night. The WF seem to get it right for YOU! They haven't gotten it right for us in 5 years! They seem to be very confused about which state we're in... (the state of confusion, hahaha)! KarenFL, your weather looked pretty awful, too, so I'm glad you're okay.

Nothing new. I'm trying to abide by the "NO C-C-C-C!!" rule and am doing sort of okay; at least, I'm doing a lot better! (no cake, candy, cookies, or chips). I've dropped .4 every day for the last several days. I look at my little mother (105#) and my little sister (105#), and I wonder if I really am adopted!

Hope you all have a safe Foolish day!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Happy April Everyone,

I drove into Philly this morning (in the snow) to visit a school about the LLS program. The students (K-5) were adorable and delightful in their classrooms. In the lunchroom cafeteria, they turned into little monsters (no teachers - just aides).

Have a great day Everyone,

Lynn
Old 04-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy April Fool’s Day! Hope no one gets “pranked”. I HATE practical jokes of any kind - I don’t like being embarrassed, & I don’t see anything funny about embarrassing others! Ok, I got that out, now I feel better.

We’re finally seeing a little sunshine today, but still chilly. Nothing like your weather, Zoe - that’s a pretty nasty April Fool’s joke Mother Nature is playing on you. Shame on her! Be careful! And KarenFL, glad your weather wasn’t as bad as reported, & that you’re ok.

Donna, nice avatar pic, but you should post a new one, so we can see how slim you’re getting. Dropping .4 lb. every day is pretty darn good. And KarenMO, I really like your avatar pic - looking good.

Lynn, I like your new avatar pic too. Did you say which one is your sister? A shame about the kids. Was it just that the aides couldn't handle them? Or that they didn't bother trying?

Hi Bobbi, hope the treatment today helps. The headaches are lessoning a little, aren‘t they?!

Maureen, I agree - some people are “twisted”, & worse, unfortunately. Actually, I just remembered one April Fool’s joke I like. Every year a local TV station shows footage of one of their weathermen (my favorite - he’s a real character & I just love to watch him) visiting a marshmallow grove. They even show the marshmallows “growing” on the trees, & him interviewing the “grove owner”. I make sure to watch for it every year (just saw it).

Well, I’ve got some bill paying to catch up on (what fun!), so I’d better be moving along. Later y’all.
NCNancy

Last edited by Nancyoyo; 04-01-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

Happy April 1st everyone! I have to admit I pulled a teeny little prank on my dh...nothing terrible or in public just here at home but I got him! It's supposed to be our warmest day so far ...think it's only in the 50s now but suppose to get to a whopping 61 degrees!! No rain so far just cloudy and cool. We started back to the gym this am so it felt good when we came out.

I stayed with my dh this morning. We stretched a few minutes, then did 15 min on the bikes, 15 min on the treadmill and 30 more minutes on various machines. I felt I got a good workout but wasn't totally exhausted. I'll probably be sore tomorrow though as I know I used muscles that haven't been used for quite a while. It was good to be back though...got a hug from my class instructor, haven't been in her classes for almost a year. Probably will start back to some of them but I kinda like working on the machines too so plan to try and do a little of both.

So since I've been at the gym I haven't gotten much done here at home, took out the trash and have done the first of the month budgeting/banking, that's it.

Jess - I wish I could give up the 4 Cs! I actually don't eat many cakes, cookies or chips simply because they are rarely around me, but I do get a little candy, popcorn and sunflower seeds now and then and I want it all ! I think I love popcorn and the seeds mainly for the salt as I crave salt and sugar and I think that's why I love my mochas so much...even though I have lightened them up a lot, there is a little sugar in the mix or I use Splenda depending on how I make them. I think it's that sweet creamy taste I am looking for with them. The smoothies help a little that way too. And It's strange....I really like meat and veggies but I can stop with a serving or even less but with the salt and sugar I have problems..

Zoe - I remember you commenting on the smoothies not filling you up. I don't know if it will help you...maybe you already do this...but I use whey protein in most of my smoothies. I also usually use fruit (berries, bananas, peaches, whatever) and occasionally make a green smoothie by adding spinach. I occasionally use yogurt but don't like it so much. I have been known to add bee pollen and flax oil, but I actually like nuts or flaxseed better. When I only use fruit and non-fat milk they don't fill me up but when I add some of this other stuff, they do.

Karen 31 - that's funny about your Wi April fooling you! I'm glad you're consistently getting your workouts in.

Last edited by maryea; 04-01-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

My sister (Connie) is the one in the middle in turquoise. The attached version gets larger if you click on it.

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beauties less small.jpg (77.4 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-01-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #13  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Happy April everyone.

At weight watchers today the leader had posted on the board some anouncments and such ~ one thing was about a product on sale this week ~ Liver Chocolate Bars ~ I thought yuck. I didn't catch on that it was the April Fools joke until he said that. No loss this week ~ stayed the exact same ~ I'll take it ~ better than going up.

I got to ride my bike today ~ it was a little warm, but not too bad.

Laundry done, got my stuff ready to go back to work tomorrow. Accomplished a couple little small things. Doesn't seem like much, but every little thing is one less thing to be done.

Going to go out later and walk ~ there is a little street across from our driveway that is a cul-de-sac ~ I am going to time that and then think I will loop around that as many times as it takes to get 20 - 30 minutes. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to do my walking in the morning before work ~ can't count on getting out on time to do it after work. But it is sometimes still dark (or just begining to get light) at the time I would need to go out, and I am a little afraid to go around the circle of our street ~ so this little side street ~ I can still see my house and somehow feel a little safer. We live in a nice location, but you never know ~ there was a hold up one day a couple streets over, right at noon time ~ they stole the guy's car. My only other concern is ~ one of the houses I passed by on that street has this yappy little dog in the house, that takes to barking when I pass by ~ and if I am walking at 6:30 am or so and pass by how ever many times it takes to get in my minutes and make that little dog bark, that it will distrub the people and they will get ticked off with me. I guess I should consider using the treadmill, but walking outside is so much more apealing to me ~ I am more apt to do it.

Hopefully Sat and Sun at work ~ it won't be as crazy busy as it is during the week and maybe I can get caught up on some of the little chores that there is no time for on the weekdays.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care ~ Gayle
Old 04-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #14  

Hi everyone..i got my exercise today going to visit my mil and shopping at wallmart,in and out of the car and walking the ramp.my legs are tired but its agood tired.. in wall mart i looked at there clothes and wont be long and i can buy some and they will fit i weighed but im the same,i'll take it. i cooked some boneless skinless chix breasts and made sf jello,and my egg(quiche) muffins (they freeze well) so im set for a few days,,its easier to eat what im suppose to if its allready there in the refrig. i made a salad for lunch with the chix,smhandful of greens,1 cherry tomatoe,1 sliced strawberry,3 grapes 4 slices of cucumber and 4 croutons and rasberry vinegrett,and i couldnt eat it all. we had alite dusting of snow but its melted allready the roads getting muddy and snow banks are melting..i sat in the doorway soaking up the sun yesterday..we have had trouble with squirrels getting in our roof so when they come out to eat at the bird feeder we lure them into our live trap with peanutbutter,,so far we have caught 6 we take them several miles from her and set them free..i keep telling my dh that they are coming back but he disagrees,,maybe we should mark one with a littel spray paint and see who is right hope your weekend is awsome ((((hugs)))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-01-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #15  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Rosey ~ sometime when you get a chance ~ could you put your recipe for the egg/quiche muffins on the recipe thread? It sounds yummy.

Zoe ~ you mentioned a black bean burger ~ is it the same as the recipe that Donna posted on the recipe thread?
Closed Thread