Old 04-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability, Plans, Menus, Exercise, Sutff....Month of April 2011

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #2  
mj5

Wow, is it really April?! Hope that means Spring for real!!!

I am off today. I had a podiatrist appt, then took the rest of the day off to spend w/ Hubby. We are going to eat some lunch, then head to the outlet mall. I can't wait!

jab--Yea for a day off AND a loss AND the sun was out, that is a FANTASTIC day! Wow, lots going on for you! Sounds like a good plan with increasing your walking. I would be a giant stress case about walking to work...always worried I would be late. I hope you can start working up to the 6miles before you tackle it all at once.

Drugz--YEA for trying zumba! Having a great instructor makes a big difference. Where I go, there is one instructor I LOVE and one who is "eh"....hope you can find one you love.

I already got my workout in for the day, I went to the gym right after my appt., so now the rest of my day is free

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Happy April!!

Hi chicks. yesterday was a healthy day - I am grateful. When I got on the scale it stayed the same. Of course, I insulted myself because I was sure two days back on plan would result in an amazing weight loss. LOL Of course.... that's not true. When I remembered that it's just information - I felt better.

Yesterday, I used some of my resistance techniques to keep me from overeating, I measured & logged my food, had lots of water, did some stretches, left a bite and did some journalling.

My GS is feeling better... so, I'll be leaving to visit tomorrow. I am excited.

I am reading my response card on traveling...and will allow myself a few extra exchanges so I don't feel deprived.

I will try to check in.

Thanks, as always, for being wonderful & supportive friends. I hope I'll be able to do personals soon.

Take care........

A friend sent me this amazing BBC penguin video - I thought you would like it. (only 90 seconds long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-01-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

beverley joy- good job on the healthy days

mj5 - I didn't exercise last night and maybe not today cuz I had this gua sha therapy on my back and I"m not sure if exercise will happen. I might try in the evening.

my bf had stalled, but his weight is finally moving in the right direction. I'm proud of him for sticking with it when the scale didn't move for months.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

April DWI

1 - 217
2 - 215.5
3 - 215.5
4 - 215
5 - 216
6 - 217
7 - 217
8 - 217
9 - 217
10 - 216
11 - 215
12 - 216.5
13 - 216
14 - 216.5
15 - 216
16 - 215.5
17 - 214
18 - 214
19 - 214
20 - 215
21 - 216
22 - 216
23 - 215.5
24 - 215
25 - 215.5

Last edited by DixC Chix; 04-25-2011 at 08:47 AM.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #6  

Hello and Happy April!

Its been spring (60-80 degrees) here for about a month but we get crazy wind in the spring (50 mph) with sand, pollen, grit and tumble weeds. Everything has its price.

I hope y'all don't mind me joining in here. I trying to find my niche. Some threads just move too fast for me!! I still intend to track my daily weigh in here by edit but plan to post my greetings and intentions/actions every day.

mj5 - One of the best NSV I've had is staying out of the podiatrist's office. Hope all is good for you.

Drugz - I took my first salsa class last Monday and it was quite a workout. I honor your fearlessness to go to Zumba. Are you gonna go back?

BeverlyJoy - Good for you to have planned for and used your resistance techniques.

Lottie - was the gua sha treatment painful? Good news on your BF breaking stall.

Today - WA (water aerobics) and will walk my dog. Menu is on plan and P+ target.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #7  
mj5

Hi again! Hope everyone had a great day!

Beverlyjoy--Have a wonderful visit! I know you will!

lottie--Hope your back is feeling ok. That's awesome for your bf!!

DixC Chix--Welcome!! My foot will be ok...I have a pinched nerve (the bones in my feet are thicker than they should be..well, there is more to it than that, but that's that main reason) Good for you for taking a salsa class! I go to zumba three times a week and strength train three times a week. zumba is SO much fun!!! Sounds like you had a great day!

Zumba tomorrow and I can't wait!

I am taking my 9 y/o nephew on a "movie date". We are going to see Hop. I can't wait. He is a great kid and has been missing my brother terribly. He actually asked if we could leave a little early so we can just hang out longer. Awwwww!!!! How cute is that?!!! The last time I took him to the movies we bought a TON of snacks.....not this time. I will get a large bottle of water and let him choose his snack. Of course, I will eat lunch before I go. The smell of popcorn will be tempting, but I was able to resist all of the yummy deserts last weekend, so I know I can resist some silly greasy popcorn.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #8  
NewBody=Drugz4Me

S/C/G: 275's?/Ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Glad everyone is doing well!

@DixC..yeah i think i might go again, especially when the other instructor comes back because everyone seems to enjoy her more from what i was hearing.

I got the Zumba total transformation dvd's and while i was watching the basics dvd to learn the steps i couldn't help myself and got up to get dressed and did it right along with them then did the 20min workout l0l! Today was my usual rest day, but it's not like a little extra exercise is going to hurt me!

TOM is finally coming to an end. Actually it left tonight, but i know how my body can be so by tomorrow i should be completely off. Will look forward to my water weight coming off! I think i might really try and watch my sodium for the next couple of days..(i usually go over)so i wont retain as much.

Going to stay off my scale until Tuesday. Which is hard for me cuz i'm a daily, multiple times a day weigher l0l.
Drugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - I am off to to see DS, DIL, and GS. Should be home Tuesday night.

I am planning to tell stories to the children at GS's preschool. . Performing at at GS's school is almost a dream come true. I've told stories to a thousands of children over the years. It's special that I'll go to his school. I hope he enjoys it.

I have some fruit, lite bread, etc to take to with me.

I am glad to get away. I'll try to check in.- pretty sure I'll get some internet access at some time.

Have a great weekend. (hope you all enjoyed the Penguins for a special April 1. - April Fools)

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-02-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #10  

Good Good Morning All! Yay for the weekend!

I have a water aerobics class this AM and then I am going to Costco for Homeless Ministry items and then $1 movie hopefully King's Speech.

mj5 - Movie date...that's so cute! I plan to see HOP with a friend and her son (age 3 1/2) soon. Let me what you think of the movie. And you are another Zumba fan. I honor your fearlessness too!

Drugz - Yay for Bye-Bye TOM. You are sure to lose the water by Tues.

BeverlyJoy - Hope GS know what a terrific grandmother he has. Have a great time!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow, can't believe April is here. Amazing.

Well, I think I'm getting back to normal after being sick for so long. I am getting back on track and back to the gym on Monday. I think it might kill me, but I have to get going again.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #12  
unabashed

Well, I couldn't exercise the last couple days cuz of the gua sha (to answer, it hurt a bit, but nothing severe and was just tender for a couple days).

Today I'm getting back on track because tomorrow I'm starting to train for c25k on my stationary bike. My pt won't let me run until I lose more weight, which is hopefully June 19th, but I'd like to be prepared for it so I'm doing it on my bike so that I have some endurance and such.

Besides, not exercising the last few days, I've felt so out of it and tired. I need to get back on the horse, or recumbent, as it were.

So today I had a smoothie with 2 tbls of flax for breakfast. This has become my new fave thing.

I'm having a quinoa and lentil burger for lunch, I'm making them from scratch and eating it on home made gf bread. Can't wait!

For dinner I'm making what I like to call 'the melting pot'. Maybe I'll post it on my blog depending if it's officially 'ready' or not. heh. It's got all different types of seasonings and foods traditionally used for indian, mexican, italian, etc, types of cultures.

It's got a mashed and cubed sweet potato base, mixed with a curried chickpea gravy, black beans, onions, corn, basil, garlic salt, and roasted chopped almonds on top. Lots of good stuff. Yummay.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #13  
mj5

Good Morning!

Drugz--yea for TOM coming to and end! I think its my turn now...I feel all bloated and icky...lots of extra water today for me today!

Beverlyjoy--That's awesome about telling stories for your GS's preschool! They will love it and I know you will too!

DixCChix--Sounds like you had a busy, fun day. The movie was really cute. We had SO much fun!! My nephew is 9 and he actually asked if we could leave early so we could "hang out longer". How cute is that?? He got all dressed up, spiked his hair w/ hair gel, it was adorable!!! He is a great kid. My brother is deployed right now and my nephew misses him terribly. We all do, but my nephew worships his dad and it is so hard on him. We have all been doing extra stuff with him. My sister in law, niece, and nephew joined me for zumba in the morning. YEP...HE is the fearless one...he came in a class full of women and ROCKED it!!! The kid has moves!

Diane--YEA for feeling better....ooh, yea, that first day back will be rough...

lottie--good for you for starting training on your bike. Mmmm, your menu sounds delish!

This morning is zumba, which is always fun. Then home to chill w/ the beagles. Hubby went to visit his mom, but should be home this afternoon. The house is clean, laundry is almost done....ahhhh, love a relaxing Sunday!

Have a great day!
Oh, I almost forgot! I totally resisted all of the movie snacks! My nephew had a small popcorn and water. I bought a large water for myself and was content with that. The popcorn smelled good....but I looked at it and I mean REALLY looked at it with all of the greasy, fake buttery stuff that was that. I had also sent an email to my trainer as a little extra "insurance" LOL! He emailed me later to see how I had done. I was very happy to be able to reply and tell him that YES, I followed my plan!

Last edited by mj5; 04-03-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #14  
unabashed

drugz, isn't it awful? I'm on seasonique. whew. ha.

beverleyjoy, great job taking stuff with you to eat and I hope you had fun!

slashnl, I"m finally getting better too, go us.

mj5, good idea with the email! Great job.

dixc chix, glad to see you over here. This is my fave thread.

Well, today I start c25k on my stationary bike. I'm super excited. I think I'll do it about an hour after breakfast.

wooooo!

It's finally sunny, we had about a week straight of grey awfulness and I was getting depressed.

Today is sunny and warm and the birds are singing. yay.

Oh, and last night I wrote a blog post called, "I don't like the food but the food likes me" about food addiction, if you guys wanna check it out it's here:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/...-likes-me.html
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

I'm behind on posting , need to take time to try to read and catch up. Will try to come back later to do so.

Right now just a fly by wave
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote