Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #1  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Default April Whole 30

Welcome to the April Whole 30 thread!

I'm Sandy, and let me post my stats as of this AM:
Weight: 210 lbs
Bust: 41" (I don't know if I want this one to change much...)
Waist: 38"
Hips: 45"
Each Thigh: 26.5" (wish these would go away...)
Each Arm: 15" (damn you bye-bye arms!)

I am a major coffee addict: but I like my coffee with cream and sugar, so I'm not going to have any coffee this month. I can do this! I'm drinking tea like a maniac.

I've got a ton of resources for this- PM me if you need something like recipe books or guidelines.

I went and bought coconut oil last night- so far this is good. I really like the taste of it. I've also got avocado oil which is quite tasty.

I also like to think of this as the Australian diet- they eat meat and two veg every day- so that's my goal too!

I'm stoked- this is going to change my life!

My hurdles this month are 1.) two trips and 2.) training for a half marathon May 1st. I'm going to blow both of those out of the water!

If you want to post your stats, too, great, but don't feel any pressure. We're here to support eachother, to eat clean, and to feel great!
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

'Weight loss is a lot like mountain climbing. Backsliding isn't a good reason to throw yourself to the bottom of the canyon. If you stumble or fall, you pick yourself up and keep going'

good luck on all your goals and plans. I am an avid hiker and love your quote! made my day! thanks!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #3  
Come on ONEderland!

I found that on someone else's post, and loved it so much that I made it my mantra.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #4  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Okay, I'm here!
Stats:
Weight: 144
Bust: 40"
Waist: 33"
Hip: 41"
Each thigh: 21"
Each arm: 11"

My hurdle, of course, is Easter. I'm the room mom for my son's class. That means I plan the party for Easter. My husband has a ham ordered for Easter Sunday, and we usually have a get-together with the family. I guess ham is okay? He's getting it smoked. I'm planning on having fresh green beans with it. Those are always good.

I don't do running. LOL I do some exercising, but not running. Good luck with that!

I am going on a cruise at the end of May, and I want to be ready to swim. That will be my short-term goal.

Go team! We can do this! Seriously, I'm glad to be doing this. I need some support right now. What kind of cookbooks do you have?

Last edited by theCandEs; 04-01-2011 at 05:21 PM.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #5  
Come on ONEderland!

I love the idea of ham and green beans. Make hardboiled eggs for easter- the kids probably don't need any more candy- or you can get jelly beans- which you wouldn't really want to eat anyways. They make my teeth hurt.

Also, the trick is to imagine that whatever you want to cheat with tastes like cardboard. You don't want to eat cardboard.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #6  
War Eagle!

Fortunately, my boys don't really like candy all that much. We would still have Halloween candy, except I gave it away a long time ago. I will get them some, but not too much.

Ah, cardboard, huh? That's an interesting trick.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #7  
Come on ONEderland!

It works. No one wants to eat cardboard- it was reinforced with a brownie the other week that really did taste like cardboard! What a disappointment! If I'm going to cheat, I want it to be GOOD.

Yesterday went really well- I find this way of eating very similar (with adjustments) to South Beach Phase 1. I know that after 3 or 4 days I won't be salivating over anything carby. And I do love veggies! I went to the farmers market this AM and got some nitrate free chicken sausage and a TON of veggies.

I also picked up a recipe for garlic-ey greens. You take greens (spinach, kale, or chard), de-stem them, and saute them in garlic, oil, and salt. Throw in a little pepper to taste. I've done this with kale. I've got swiss chard to try this with this week.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #8  

I'm game. I have been doing the Dukan Diet for the last 2 weeks. Very much like Paleo. On the 2nd phase (which I'm on) you only have lean protein and non starch vegetables. They allow fake sugar, but I prefer to limit my sugar to my coffee. I'm still struggling with 1/2 and 1/2 and 1 tsp of sugar in my favorite hot brew. I have to get rid of them slowly.

Friday had a backslide but did not throw myself to the bottom of the canyon. Yesterday I had eggs, a hamburger, baby romaine and a cod fillet. Plus, a few cups of coffee and over 4 liters of water.

I've lost 7 pounds but regain and lose 2 of them. Progress not perfection.
saycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Sandy,

Looks like you are off to a great start - stocked with all the essentials!

We are leaving in an hour for a three day mini vacation in the mountains. This afternoon, we're going to a wine tasting, and then we are having a nice dinner out.

I will join you on April 5.

Good luck!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

walking2lose: wow, have fun. 3 day getaway is all it takes sometimes.

mmmm, Easter is here soon isn't it? R the chocolate bunnies trembling in their boxes? Well, not because of us anyway! My fave Easter Lc eats are deviled eggs, asparagus, green beans almondine, and I just saw a fruit kebabs recipe that looked quite primal if u eat honey. 2 C greek yogurt, 1/4 C honey for dip. Then just string bright pretty little pieces of fruit on a kabob. They were arranged where they were sticking up like flowers would. Some more always good favorite is veggies with dip, bowl of mixed nuts, broccoli and cheese, CAuliflower fauxtatoes, cheese and meat plate. It might not be ALL primal or all any one persons fit, but I was just in a brainstorming mood. My aunt makes the best green beans - fry bacon, bust into bits, frozen beans into bacon grease, cook down forever, add bacon, keep cooking.... Where would southern cooking be without bacon grease?

So far today all is good. rosemary potatoes, more fish, coffee. I was in that kind of mood. Lunch? don't know, going groc shopping, will try to be a good girl! Supper - don't know - my chicken has crockpotted, and cooled overnight. Picking it apart so I can boil the bones and bits further, but I'll have a big pile of chicken meat to do something with. Maybe chicken for supper? LOL
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #11  
Come on ONEderland!

I'm using the croc pot for my dinner tonight: Making a roast with coconut milk, red curry paste, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onion. You throw it all in the croc pot and let it cook on low for 10 hours. Should be really tender and tasty.

Found another good resource over the weekend: paleohacks.com. It's another forum but I think this forum is still the best for support.

Last night I ate out and had a buffalo burger (no cheese, no bun, no mayo) and a side of steamed veggies. Tasted really good!

Last edited by uscarchie; 04-04-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Updated URL
Old 04-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #12  
War Eagle!

I'm still here! It's been a rough couple of days. Seems like when you really want to do something, that is when all of the obstacles keep popping up. I'm hanging in there, though. I need to throw out some stuff so it's not still here, and I need to go grocery shopping.

We had a bad storm last night. It knocked out the power briefly, which caused me to be late getting up. Ugh! I hate days like that. It feels like I can't catch up.

Well, the scale is playing an April Fools joke on me. Yesterday I was down another pound, but today it came back. I guess eventually it will go away.

Y'all have great day!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #13  
Come on ONEderland!

Water weight fluctuates a lot depending on what you did, what time of the month it is for you, what you ate, what you didn't eat... whether or not you gave the correct offering to the scale gods... they're contrary.

Just keep on going, that's all we can do. I personally feel that this is GREAT! I'm feeling good, I'm only having really weird dreams regarding gorging on chocolate... I woke up thinking "oh no, I ate a whole box of chocolates" and then felt so great when I realized it was only a dream.

I ate well, although I thought that dried "just mango" chips would be ok and I don't think they were really that great for me. Fruit is still very sweet. Today I'm eating strawberries. Way too many strawberries, but they're fresh from the farmers market and not too sweet, so I am looking at it as a fiber bomb.

I'm very lucky that there's a grill here at work- I can bbq chicken at lunch and it's TASTY.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #14  
Come on ONEderland!

Yesterday, so far, so good. Avoided cookies like the plague. Tomorrow I fly to Toronto. I think I'll be OK on this trip- but I've got to avoid alcohol. Any thoughts on what would be good to drink when everyone else is drinking booze? I'm thinking a virgin bloody mary or just some sparkling water with lemon in it.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #15  
War Eagle!

I would do water with lemon or iced tea. Of course, I'm living in the south, so I would say tea. Here, though, they put sugar in it. You have to tell them not to, and sometimes they do it anyway, so you have to tell them again. LOL I don't usually drink alcohol (I'm not opposed to it. It's just not my "cup of tea."). Good for you for avoiding the cookies! My husband and kids finally finished up ours, and I'm not buying any more right now. Stupid cookies!

Well, I'm still on plan. (Yay, me!). The scale said I am down 2 pounds today. I think it is water weight, so I'm going to wait a day or so before changing the ticker.