Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #1  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Default Best home exercise equipment

I'm interested in getting some items to help me with exercising in my home. I have an exercise bike and resistance bands, but nothing else.

Could you list your 3 favorite items for exercising in your home? (stability balls, weights, etc). I'm also interested to hear what didn't work so well. Thanks!!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Ah, you just listed them in your examples. Stability ball and dumbbells. That's all I need. I belong to a gym and that's pretty much what I use there. 90% of my lifting is with free weights and body weight (squats, lunges, push ups, pull ups, sit ups, etc.)
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #3  

big patch of floor, i find the old sytle excercises have the most effect. push ups, sit ups, squats, kicks, punches, I can get a great workout with no equipement at all, and I love it. (I do have everything at home from cross trainer, treadmill, weights.. etc) but at the end of the day its my lounge room floor space and maybe my joggers for a walk or run outside. (I also love yoga, so a good yoga book to take you through the basics)

what didn't work.. any of those tv miracle machines (ab circle pro, .. blah blah)... I used to get suckered in all the time

Last edited by icedragon6669; 03-31-2011 at 06:57 PM.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Stability ball, dumbells, and a yoga mat. The latter, in addition to being used as a yoga/pilates mat, is a great "space creator" for abs and lifting routines. It creates the mental "Here is where I work out" boundary. It's colorful and pretty and I like the fact that it's my own little workout space distinguished from the rest of the house. Little mental things like that help motivate me a lot
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #5  

I do almost all free weights and dumbells. If you did nothing else pushups are a great excercise. For cardio I run on the treadmill, run outside and us an ellyptical trainer. For home Cardio equipment a bike is ok but I think treadmills are the best. A good treadmill is costly though (as is a complete dumbell set). More and more people are into kettleballs, i've never tried them other than picking them up in a store. They seem to cost about the same as dumbells.
Eliochacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

My 3 favs: my treadmill, my iPod, my VFF's (but I am a bit wacky like that!)
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/127/120

Height: 5'3

I like my treadmill, yoga mat, and dumbbells.
blindcantaloup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #8  
~Kim~

I found a total gym on craigslist a few months ago. Really love it. I'm able to do a full circuit workout with two sets in 20 to 30 minutes. I don't have to move weights around and all that, it's so easy because I just change positions for the different exercises. I also have an exercise bike.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote