Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default The concept of 'progress, not perfection' inspired this:

So I was really kind of concerned today abouta girl at work, I decided to blog about what we discussed regarding weight issues because it kind of upset me and got me thinking about beauty, perfection, culture, expectations for women, etc, I just thought it was a good one to share, so I thought I'd post it here.

Because even the beautiful people don't feel beautiful:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/...dont-feel.html
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I get "access denied" with the link, so I can't view it right now, but wanted to explore this topic more.

I know we women have terrible expectations of ourselves. I'm learning that the smaller I get right now. I see other women whose bodies I admire and my friend gently points out to me that I am smaller than the woman I am admiring. So what exactly am I after? It's just never good enough.

I'm not sure I ever feel "beautiful". That's not a word I've ever used to describe myself. Cute maybe. It makes me wonder how many women can describe themselves as "beautiful".

I love Bruno Mar's song, "Just the Way You Are." What a beautiful message for our young girls.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...beautiful.html

There's so many women (both on and off 3FC) who just think their self-worth is tied to physical beauty. The sad thing is that society dictates what beauty is, and it changes so regulary! There is no way to keep up. It makes me cry!

We are all worthy women, deserving of happiness, no matter what our outsides look like.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #4  

Your post made me realize that I do not know any women who are not trying to lose weight! Even the ones who are a size 2! All ages! At what point do we get to be happy and like ourselves? And then as we age, besides weight, it's saggy skin and wrinkles! I would really like to just be happy with myself. I hope I can get down to a weight that is healthy and just appreciate that.

Stacy

245/227/160?
starfish27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #5  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I must be the only person who comes from a family full of beautiful women that are, for the most part, content with themselves. I have even had frank conversations with several of them about weight and whatnot and they are content. Sure, they have things they'd like to change (nursing breasts come to mind, lol!), but they are happy with themselves as a rule.

All in all, it's probably a good environment for me to be in.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #6  
Miss Melissa

S/C/G: 284/269/165

Height: 5'9

Thank you for sharing!
MelissaMartiinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote