General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2001, 07:10 PM   #1  

Lightbulb

Im currently using dextrim natural with no caffeine and has been working
so far. I have very little self control and this has helped.

Has anybody had experiences with this drug?
I'd appreciate your replies.

can't type much info, i have a crying baby with me.

sandy
Old 04-07-2001, 08:44 PM   #2  

Hi,

Actually, I just started taking it 2 days ago and it does seem to be helping me a bit too. I also would love some feedback on it.

Brenda
Old 04-08-2001, 10:05 PM   #3  

Isn't Dexatrim Natural just the same as all the other Ephedra products?
Old 04-08-2001, 10:34 PM   #4  
I WILL get to my goal!

Slinko is right I think. I always thought there was little difference between Dexatrim and something like Metabolife. I might be wrong though. Anyone else know for sure??
Old 04-09-2001, 03:00 AM   #5  

How exactly do you feel different with the dexatrim, i mean how does it seem to be helping you? With making you less hungry? I have never taken dexatrim and was wondering how you personally are benefiting. I overeat from anxiety and so I take St. Johns Wort to keep me calm and out of the kitchen cupboards. Whatever works right.
Old 04-09-2001, 12:05 PM   #6  

I appreciate your replies, good or bad. To answer your question, justaveggie, it actually controls my appetite.
I was curious about it so I bought it last week at walmart.

I made sure I bought the caffeine free one and I have not felt any jitters. I once tried Acutrim and had to stop using it because I was a nervous wreak.

I am married, have a 7 month old baby girl, and pre-teen son. I am always on the go and make bad eating choices. I decided that enough was enough. No one can make me feel good about myself but me.

This is not for everyone. I'm just going to use it to jump start my weight loss. I am eating three healthy meals a day and this week I will start my exercise. I've always been an overeater and have no clue what is portion control.

My biggest problem is people pushing candy at me all day at the office and also I make dinner every night for my family and cannot control the seconds. I lost all of the pregnancy wieght but it was slowly creeping up.

Luckily, I havn't had an urge for chocolates or seconds this week and already lost 3 pounds.

I will keep you posted on my weight loss.

Sandy

178 (before baby)
174 (after baby)
171 (now)
Old 04-09-2001, 02:12 PM   #7  

If Dexatrim Natural does contain Ephedra, a naturally occurring plant alkaloid, please use it cautiously. It can be a very dangerous ingredient. When the FDA pulled a substance called PPA from over the counter products, the manufacturers reformulated using Ephedra. Ephedra has been known to cause hypertension in otherwise young, healthy people which may result in stroke, heart attacks and increased blood pressure. There is evidence to support that it can be transmitted through breast milk and may be damaging to the health of developing infants.
There are a number of alarming stories about Ephedra under the 'Fitness Scams' thread.
Old 04-09-2001, 03:59 PM   #8  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default I've got to agree with Slinko here!

In the company I work for, the brand name is probably our most valuable asset. (I won't say what company it is - suffice that you are ALL familiar with the brand!)

It takes a lot of time, energy, and money to elevate a brand name high into the public conciousness and keep it there.

The writing was on the wall for quite a while before PPA was finally banned by the FDA - since (at this time, anyway) the FDA has no power over herbal supplements, the company which manufactures Dexatrim probably had this new product all set to exit the gate long ago.

Of course, it's probably identical to the hundreds of other ephedrine-based products out in the marketplace - the biggest asset they have is the BRAND NAME.

Just my two cents.
Old 04-09-2001, 06:44 PM   #9  

Yikes, I had no idea that it had ephedra in it, I guess I won't be taking it anymore, I don't know much about it but I would rather not take the chance I guess.

See Ya
Brenda
Old 04-12-2002, 01:14 PM   #10  
I WILL get to my goal!

Angry No EPHEDRINE! :-)

I just bought some Dexatrim Natural the "Ephendrine Free Formula" and it works great so far!

The diet plan inside the package is so realistic too.

Just wanted to add my two cents.

Oh, and I'm back if no one has noticed.
Closed Thread