General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #1  

Default After HCG Please read before deleting....

I hope this does not get deleted. I am not reccomending the hcg diet. I tried it before I started researching it ( stupid i know) anyway I did lose a fair amount but nowhere near my long term goal. Anyway now i have been trying to lose the healthy way calories in vs calories out and excersising and it is too soon to tell if I am losing but I feel great. However alot of hcg users have been saying that once you use it it is the only way you will be able to lose weight because it resets your metabolism to the weight that you end the diet at or something like that? It sounds like a load of bull to me because they say you can still gain after the diet just not lose? Anyway i was just wondering if there were any people here who like me had tried the diet before they knew any better and still had successful weightloss when they went back to doing things the right way? I know in theory that is how it will most likely be but i would feel better if heard first hand from somebody that I did not completely screw up my metabolism.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #2  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

I work with two women who did HCG and both have gained all the weight
back they lost and are struggling to lose weight now. They are both in
their 50's, so I do not know how much their age is affecting everything.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #3  

uggg these are all the stories I keep hearing. I am young (22) and only did a short round of 23 days one time so hopefully there is still hope for me
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I think the main reason people are gaining is that like any fad/crash diet, they aren't losing in a healthy, sustainable way. Once they lose the weight, they go back to their "normal" way of eating.

I would suspect you might gain some initially but I'm sure your body will adjust. I'd recommend adding in strength training to your exercises as well because I would think you lost some muscle if you were following the very restricted calorie diet.

Good luck on your continued (healthy) weight loss.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:16 AM   #5  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

my friend and my sister are doing this and i wish they would get it thru their thick skulls that its just a FAD diet! they are ingesting pregnant womens urine for heavens sake eww.
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:40 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

You did not mess yourself up for life. Plenty of people have fallen under the spell of fad & crash diets and still manage to lose weight for good when they create a plan that actually works for their lifestyles.

It might take time for you body to adjust to a healthy way of losing weight. After all, if you were following that plan chances are you were only getting 500 calories a day for a while. (Not healthy, I'm sure you know now.)

Do what you're doing now. You're eating a healthy amount of calories (I should hope) and moving more. As long as you stick with that for the long-haul you'll lose the weight.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote