Old 03-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #1  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Default What I wanted VS. What I ate

I've been sitting here tonight, pre TOM and I am craving rippled potato chips with dip like you wouldn't believe. Luckily there are none in the house and DS is already asleep in bed, so I can't run to the store.

In the end I ate a small bowl full of strawberries and blueberries topped with fat free vanilla yogurt. It was satisfying, and so much better for me. Actually, I still have the other craving, but now my tummy is full of good stuff.

Anyone else resist temptation or dodge a craving-bullet tonight?
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #2  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Good job! It feels so good to be in control , doesn't it? No cravings lately but I did force myself off the couch and out the door to the gym tonight. Now i am soaking in a bubble bath (yes, my laptop is in the tub with me hehe) and I am so glad I went.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #3  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i get so excited when i can eat something healthy, or at least much less bad for me, than what i was craving.

last night i was craving ice cream (mostly because i was wallowing in self loathing briefly) but instead of shoveling in a pint of ben and jerry's, i made my self a thing of my favorite crystal light, and then had a 100 calorie ice cream snack.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #4  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good job Mandy & Nikki -- It turns out I was up 1.4 lbs this morning despite the good choice of snack! I'm going to look at it this way though, if I'd eaten the chips & dip instead I probably would have assumed the gain was from that, right now since I know I was on plan I'm not blaming myself, and it probably would have been a bigger gain if I'd eaten a bag of sodium.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I couldn't sleep last night and got up to drink some water. My grandma's Little Debbie oatmeal cookies were staring at me from the counter. I got one out of the box, smelled it, smooshed it (evil grin) and put it back. Then I ate a string cheese and went back to bed.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote