Old 03-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

Default Hopefully I'll learn from this

I've been doing so well lately that success was imminent. A run of 12 days perfectly On Plan, lots of exercise. Surely I'd drop to 191 any day. But then I went to visit my parents over the weekend, and immediately came home and binged like there was no tomorrow.

What happened to me? I was fine one minute, then I was headed for IHop for dinner, and a giant ice cream afterwards. It just happened with no brain activity involved. I sat myself down to ponder, and I can only think to trace it to how my parents spent my visit trying to shower me with gifts. "Here I have all this stuff in the attic, do you want it? Here's a blender, can you use it? Do you need food? Here's some food. Do you need a new tv? A phone? A car?"

All this gift-bombing put me in a self-indulgent mindset, which may have triggered the binge. Once I started thinking I could let them treat me to a few small things, I started also thinking I could treat myself to whatever my subconscious craved. Which apparently was sweet foods.

I'm disappointed with myself for ruining so much hard work, but hopefully knowing this new fact about myself will keep me from future mistakes.

(Sidenote : Yeah, my relationship with my parents is a strange one. Let's just say I turned down most of the gifts because I know they're "We love you now that you're socially acceptable" gifts)
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Put it behind you and get back on plan. A one day binge does not ruin your success.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #3  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Consider this a learned experience for the future. Dust yourself off and get right back on plan. It happens to everyone. Good job catching it quickly.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #4  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up I'm with them.

Hey, I'm with the others that replied.
You need to shake it off and get right back on the saddle!

I, myself, have been going through a bit of an eating binge. But, ya' just need to refocus and get right back in there.

Good luck.

KELLI
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

This may be weird but sometimes I find my binges help me balance things out and I tend to still lose weight... Maybe it's just the fact I'm carefree about it who knows. But as the other's said the only thing you can do is dust yourself off, and go back to where you left off you are only human sh!t happens.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #6  

Good for you for figuring it out. You have done amazing. I'm sure that scale will get moving down again soon.

Stacy

245/227/160
starfish27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Well, you have done really well and though binging isn't a great thing, sometimes they happen, and everyone does it now and then by accident or otherwise. We're all rooting for you!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

As a Mommy, I highly doubt they are so giving to simply because you lost some weight, they are doing it because they love you and want to spoil you! I'd would have TOTALLY taken that stuff, lmao.
But it's good that you noticed why you did the binge and falling off track and getting back on track so quickly will be great with getting back on board.
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote