South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat: Wednesday, 30 March

Good morning, fellow beachers!!! For those of you who missed my announcement yesterday, I got the news yesterday that I was chosen for the Sergeant's position. It goes into effect next Tuesday, April 5th. I don't know yet what shift I'll be moving to. I'm excited but, on the same hand, it's a little bittersweet b/c I really like the shift I'm on now and I'm 99.9999999% sure I'll be leaving them. My mother is so frigging cute about it, though. My roommate sent me a text earlier asking me who my mom was on the phone w/ when I sent her the text saying I had been promoted b/c, whoever it was, my mom yelled in their ear "MY BABY GIRL IS A SERGEANT!!!" LOL Gotta love moms!!!

Anywho, I've got another hour and a half before I get off work and then it's off to the gym. TOM is doing my head in w/ all the bloating and water weight gain...ugh!!! I've got the next 4 days off, but I'm on call. Here's to hoping the other night shift is feeling nice and healthy, LOL Especially since my neighbor's (whose poor ears my mother was screaming in earlier, LOL) are taking me out to a congratulatory dinner Thursday night.

So what are your plans for today??? I've got a nice fresh pot of coffee and I'm willing to share...pull up a chair!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:03 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations, Natasha!!!

I'm trying to drum up energy to do a walking video because it's raining outside and I still need to get in my walk for the day. Then I'm going to empty the bookshelves and dust them off so we can sell them. Fun day....
Old 03-30-2011, 04:56 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Pretty exciting, Natasha! Do you think you'll still be night shift? Thanks for getting us started.

Kara, I hope you're exercising so you can cross that off your list!

Me, travelling this morning...wanted to say hi before we go. Just an overnighter....the cat is staying....we're going to get the Western garden tilled then bring the tiller over here.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:18 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! That is just great news, Natasha, although I can relate to feeling bittersweet about the change. Congratulations!

Kara, thanks for the reminder. I pulled out a garden book yesterday and discovered that Donna does not dust books! Actually, she thinks I should get rid of books once I've read them. We need to have a talk.

Debbie, I cannot imagine living in two places, especially with a garden in both places. I am so envious of your being able to till the garden. Mine is still frozen solid. My friend, Marlaine the Gravedigger, tells me there is still lots of frost in the ground around here. (She really is a gravedigger and has a crew of guys that she supervises.)

Today is the usual Wednesday with both dogs scheduled to do pet therapy at the Clinic. If we are done by two, I may take a quick run into town to Staples and maybe to Canadian Tire to buy a new power washer. A neighbour borrowed mine and it seems to have sprung a leak or something. "Neither a borrower or a lender be" gets forgotten a lot around here. It's way too early to power wash the decks but I want to be ready! "Ready" should be soon as my crocus surprised me with blooms yesterday.

I hope your Hump Day is just a Gentle Slope Day.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Glad I'm not the first today, it's hard to come up with a whole post on my own. Natasha, congratulations!!!! What wonderful news, I am so excited for you.

Ruth and all, I hear you about being weary about this weather. It's really got to give at some point, but then I fear the allergies! I still have one side of my face almost completely blocked sinus and ear wise. I may make an appointment with an ENT because I'm concerned I have a blockage. One eye always seems puffier underneath than the other and now this and I'm remembering this is the second time this has happened (total blockage on one side for days). So we will see.

I did a preliminary weigh in this morning and the news was not as bad as I thought. If on Friday (my "official" weigh in day) I am back where I started March I'll be happy. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations once again, Natasha! Enjoy your new position.

Winter weary is right. But the trees and bushes are getting greener each day. I don't know how they manage in this cold weather. The daffodils and crocus are blooming, and the pansies I planted are doing well, too. It's very cheery to see those colorful blooms after the long winter.

The results of my mother's tests haven't come back yet. I guess we'll know something today. We're still hopeful and staying positive.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Natasha that is fantastic!! Congrats!!! Ladies, any of you who like to garden are more than welcome to do mine! Terrible at it...no patience at all! Heck, I still have to rake! UGH! Anyway...day off today from work but I'm busy just the same. Work out with dad and nephew in the A.M. Puppy to the vet at 10:30 and then tutoring my son's friend after school (2) in Algebra. Nothing in between though. Maybe read or watch a movie with dh! He's retired so only has a night job and I only work part time so we really like an old couple ! LOL!! So I'm not even going to go into the fact that 'they' are saying snow here on Friday...I will be soooooo angry...I'm done!!! But...today might be nice so I'll focus on that!!! Have a great day all!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:40 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a drive by this morning. I'm off to my PT re-eval (again!). The PTA is recommending we go to once a week until I go on vacation in late May. Today is the official start of my weekend. Tomorrow I'm off to the parents for the weekend but today is my day to do my stuff. I might even take a nap because I really hit the wall yesterday - headache, chills and really tired. I'll be back after my appointment and grocery shopping!

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-30-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Debbie, have a great trip! I'm envious too, even though we're never really able to do much in our yard til May. We've finally got some bare ground showing over the septic tank, but there's snow headed our way on Friday. (6-12 inches - how's that for specific? ) Latest word is that "the morning commute will be messy and the evening commute worse" so I'm afraid it may mean another day to make up in June. Hopefully the timing will change enough that we can have a half day of school Friday.

Sgt Natasha, I loved the story about your Mom!

Kara, good luck with the bookshelves and the walk today.

Ruth, I caught up with what I'd missed on the Tuesday thread before I popped in here this morning - I think an SBD get together in Maine in May is a terrific idea. Dust off that GPS....

Matilda, I have the same love/dread relationship with spring as you. I love the warmer weather and all the green grass and new leaves but my allergies really wear me down. It's worth it though - bring on the pollens! LOL

Linda, still praying here. I'm glad you've got your spring flowers around. It's still too cold for the bulbs in my yard but I've got a pot of pink tulips on my table and I'm sure enjoying those.

Oooh, Kristen - I just saw your post now. I'm sorry I mentioned the dreaded snow. Hopefully you won't get hit bad. We're in the White Mountains though and it's pretty certain they'll be even whiter on Friday. LOL

Cyndi, hooray for the start of your weekend! I hope you'll be able to fit that nap in so you're feeling tip-top for the drive tomorrow.

Long day for me today, meetings before and after school, an intown walk with a friend after that and then back to town after supper for youth group. I always sleep really well on Wednesday nights.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Congratulations, Natasha!!! You and your Mom deserve to be proud!

Hope everyone accomplishes the goals they set for themselves today and that you all have a wonderful op day!

My to do list for today consists of cleaning the house for a lady I work for, hitting the gym, picking up a few things at the grocery store, dishes, laundry and a few other odd and end things. But the top thing on my list for today is stay OP!!!!

Have a great day all!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Congrats Jess and Natasha

Kara - Does a walking video have you do intervals or something other than just walking?

Debbie - Just found out I have to renew my license this year. Hope my photo comes out as well as yours did!

Ruth - Our power washer gets borrowed a lot. I guess that is one thing no one else want to invest in.

Matilda - How can it be the end of the month already?!

Linda - Please keep us posted.

Kristen - Neither my DH or I work and we are sort of like an old couple too. So now we workout together

Cyndi - I hope you feel better today. Enjoy your weekend.

Heidi - That does sound long. Just a few more months until summer!

Vicki - I'm working hard on staying OP too! Let's make today a great one.

This evening my teen can get online and find out the admission decision at the last college he applied to. It is a top pick but one of the most selective in the country and I think we all expect him to not get in. Just being realistic. Meanwhile our flights to USC are booked and I am already thinking about food to pack and wondering what travel clothes will (or won't) fit me! I'll be glad when a decision is made and we can move on to planning for next year.

Meanwhile, my eating and exercise have been great

Off to get some tea...
Old 03-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

AWESOME morning everyone. Loving the sunshine - ignoring the impending rain . . .

So much news out here this morning.
Natasha - congrats!
Linda - thoughts and prayers - I am right you sending happy thoughts and prayers.

Finally got below 170 - first time back down since August. Now if I would just get back to exercising more than once a week.

Be well -
Old 03-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

We made it safe and sound! It is definitely not Spring atop Vail Pass...full out blizzard, in fact. Ground looks ok for tilling....think I'll go to the pool and think about it.

everyone! I gotta get everything turned on around here.

Linda

Karen, your pic will be spectacular! I'm still amazed at mine.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #14  
New Beacher!

S/C/G: 174/154/125

Height: 5' 4"

Today, I've decided to be kind to myself. I spent all of last night being miserable and I realized it's because I've been eating off plan that my depression has been creeping back in. Add in PMS and it's not been a fun couple of days.

Going to bust out the wii tonight I think and get back on the Walk it out game..
Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning co-chicks Forecast for today was and 70 but I woke up to a completely overcast sky and definitely not 70...but I'll take it over rain any day of the week.

Nat, I'm so happy for you. Are the 911 operators in Georgia included as part of the sheriff's department as they are here in CA? If so, then your next step up should be Lieutenant! You go girl!

Debbie, tilling? We are still deep in mud here.

Ruth, we sure use our power washer in the summer on our deck and cement parking area and sidewalks. It also does a great job on our cars which always need a good wash as we live down a long dirt road.

Matilda, a blocked sinus is bad news.......hope you get some relief.

Linda, Sending good vibes for your mom's test results.

Cyndi, thought of you this morning when I saw the most beautiful male bluebird. Such bright colors! We put out all of our bluebird nest boxes last week and the swallows and bluebirds are fussing over them to see who wins.

Vking, you have your priorities right........Confident you will meet the top item on your list today because of it.

Bea, on getting below 170. Way to go.

I'm fighting a scratchy throat and voice but am not yet going to let it get the best of me. Got out there and got my walk in early before I had time to think of an excuse.

In a minute I'm going out and try and fill in a couple of potholes. There are ten families that live on our dirt road and all but one are younger and in better health than I am but do you think any of them will fill in a pothole? Ok, got that off my chest....now I feel better

Last edited by TallandThin; 03-30-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Closed Thread