Old 03-30-2011, 01:54 AM   #17
dotnsk

S/C/G: 145/126/118

Height: 5'4"

First name: Nicolette

Geographical location: Phoenix, AZ

Marital Status: Single.

Children/Ages: None yet.

Pets: 1 cat, Samantha. She's often more dog than cat, but that's one of the many things I love about her.

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, reading (I do a LOT of it), technology, sports (love my Phoenix Suns!).

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/green & brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Lose It! tells me 9/4/2010, but I think that might be a little off. We'll say 1/1/11 for now, as that's when I really started to shed old habits and replace them with new ones.

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 130!

Goal Weight: 120. I'm going to see how happy I am at 125 before deciding to continue on, but getting to 130 (which was my personal holy grail for SO long) made me realize just how much more fat I still have to lose. 5 pounds might be enough, so we'll see what 10 can do.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Commitment. I've always been sort of chubby, but I've struggled to reach within myself and find the drive I needed to stick with something for more than a couple of pounds. Plus, it was always a lot easier to ignore the numbers on the scale than to do something about the way those numbers made me feel.

Following any specific plan: A combination of balanced eating plus regular exercise is about as specific as it gets. I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian at present (& have been for over 6 years), and my recent focus has been on a better carb/protein balance. I haven't completely cut carbohydrates out, but I'm doing my best to replace them with leafy greens and proteins.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I've got a really wonderful support system (my mom!), I'm finally doing this for the right reasons, and I have realistic goals and expectations given what I am able to put into it. I used to want to lose a huge chunk of weight all at once, and I would get disappointed and discouraged when I couldn't. Previously, I was looking for more of a quick-fix than a long-term solution. Upon ringing in 2011, I pledged to myself that this would be the year that I focused on my mental and physical health. Law school had certainly taken its toll the previous semester (though I avoided the dreaded law school 20!), so that was a huge motivating factor as well. The previous few months have been about taking small steps toward a healthier life, and it's worked out thus far!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't really have a specific timeline for my weight loss, other than "by the end of the year if possible." Because this is a series of lifestyle changes geared towards overall health (with losing weight as a primary goal), I thought I would be more successful if I allowed myself to progress at my own pace with no deadlines staring me in the face.

Also, I've been lurking 3FC for a little while, and I finally decided to join because I love what a supportive community you guys have!