Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 07:56 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default WLS Chat.....Week of May 5th!!

Morning all! Welcome to our new folks. The daily Chat is where anything goes....we talk about husband's, kids, jobs, pets and even throw in a little wls chat
----------------------------------

It's Monday!!!! We did a bunch of yard work over the weekend.......it is so good to be able to help......before wls I could only watch.

peachie.......are you thinking of Yankee Candles? I noticed that their featured scent for the month is lilac. I plan to pick a couple up.....hope they smell half as good as a real lilac.

Off to get my day started, back a little later.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #2  

I'm off to pick up the big kid for lunch and meds....but I had to say that Debkay.....I love the thought of you buying a

YANKEE candle

ducking and scooting out of here!!!

peach
Old 05-05-2003, 01:18 PM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Yea, yea, yea.............. only you would point that out to me I know......I'll call them Tomahawk Candles, yea, that's it, Tomahawk Candles!!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:18 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

will try to be back before i go to bed tonight. really!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #5  

Hi,
Deb - I'm so bummed to learn that you don't have a southern accent. My whole image of you is blown! And, the Yankee (oughta call them ROCKIES) candles are fabulous. The lilac is my favorite, followed by the gingerbread. Wonderful!

Peach- you're very, very bad!

I have my first appointment with the weight loss case manager person tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes. I've been busy getting signed up for all the classes they require. The bad part is, surgery could be as far away as 18 months because of the increase in the number of people wanting it. I'll just keep plugging away I guess.

It's nuts here because my son graduates May 31 and gets his Eagle Scout award on June 1. I am getting all teary eyed just thinking about it. I'm going to be an absolute wreck that weekend!

That's all for now,
later gators!
Chickadee
Old 05-05-2003, 07:41 PM   #6  

lori! Thanks for the compass site, I'll check it out when I can. I have not been to obesity help in a long time. I think that I have spent the last few weeks (months?) avoiding what I know has to be done.

Somehow I am getting over the sadness that it has come to the point of wls for me, in that I have tried every thing and failed.

oh well. I was going to call the cardiologist to pick up my testing but I wound up talking to a friend of mine for about an hour. That and 5 loads of laundry, lunch with mom (jiff she has a brown lunch bag with leftovers in her fridge....or purse ....you'll know the bag it has a heart with an arrow...which she thought was a tree and a pig sticker on it...I should have dated it!)

I digress!

oh yea, laundry and then the rest of the day trying to get silly puddy out of one of dh's shirts.

Tomorrow I will make the call to pick it up and call the doc (I hope to schedule a date) yadayada.

Chickadee, your son has worked to an Eagle Scout...that is quite an accomplishment. And yes, I know I am bad. If your surgery is going to be in 18 months or so.....what are you going to do food wise in the meantime?. I have gained more weight than I should have even though I have a prescription for meridia that I should fill. I am just very uncomfortable at this point.

and gee....I thought Debkay did have a southern accent!! Well I don't think I sound like a jersey girl either!!!!

got to go...the little guy wants to see the yugioh site

peach
Old 05-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Well, I definately sound TEXAN, and I think we should call them RANGER CANDLES!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:15 AM   #8  

I have been told that I have a slight accent, being in the Pittsburgh area, as well as being born near the West Virginia line! Go figure.....
Old 05-06-2003, 07:04 AM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning!!!!!!!!

Chickadee......congrats to your son!! Eagle Scout, not an easy thing to get. We had a friend of my son's become an Eagle Scout.......that kid is now in Officer Training School, or will be in July.......going to college on a full military ride. He's a terrific kid, as I'm sure your's is too.

Now.........we don't need no stinkin' Rockies, or Yankees or Texan's candles!! We have Tomahawk Candles! End of discussion

Speaking of the Brave's........my hubby is going to the game tonight, without me! He is sitting right behind one of the dugouts. His company has people here from London and they wanted to go to a Brave's game........so of course he is one of the lucky few to take the folks from London. I wanna go!

Hazel and I will meet this AM for our Mall walk. After the walk is over, depending on the time (if the store is open) I will purchase my lilac.......Tomahawk candle! We walk by the store many, many times during our walk.

Hey Jiff........have your tried the Nectar protein?? Hazel gave me a couple of samples the other day..........Very Good!

Me, a southern accent nah!!!! Now peachie and jiff talk just like the Joisy girls they are.

Now Lori, what type of accent do you have.........a PA accent or WV accent? Or is it a combination of both?

Mary Beth how are you?

I have a friend, whom I love dearly, going through some very difficult marriage problems right now and I'm at such a loss as what to do for her. She may be on the verge of leaving her husband and I just don't know what to say to her. Anyone have any advice??

Thanks all..........off to take the puppy out for his second potty break of the day.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:08 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm pi**ed off that you don't have a southern accent too! What the heck is happening to stereotyping? Peach and Jiff are definitely Joisy gals but are still understandable. They don't seem to have much problem with my Canuk accent either.

Deb, all you can say to your friend is that you will support her whatever her decison and are ready to listen at any time. I've been through that a few times and really bit my tongue a lot to keep from giving advice or opinions. Good luck - and keep the Puffs handy.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:45 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally posted by debkay

Now Lori, what type of accent do you have.........a PA accent or WV accent? Or is it a combination of both?

You could say it is a combo of both!

Phew...it is humid today for being only 70 degrees. The good side is that it also rained this morning, so my flower bed got watered naturally ...I have quite a few sprouts in there now and a few are getting bigger. Hopefully, I will be seeing some flowers shortly.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:34 PM   #12  

Afternoon!

No, I didn't call the surgeon today. I took mom to BJ's (like a Costco) and the drug store. She did a lot of walking and Jiff, when you check the fridge it should not be TOO bad. We split a package of stuffed porkchops...two for you and mom and also a small pork roast. Mom did want to purchase a HUGE package of porkchops but considering how much (or little Jiff eats) and mom eats I talked her out of it.

You'll put the check in the mail, eh Jiff?

oh yea, we bought a spiral ham....that's what she wants for dinner on mother's day.

and beautiful strawberries!

Debkay, I think Ruth's advice on your friend was right on the money. I'm sorry she is having such a hard time.

Lori, the weather here is kind of yucky, but the flowers and trees are in full bloom and the azaleas are just starting to pop. The peonies will be out around memorial day. I don't have the urge to dig in the dirt this year, but perhaps by this time next year I will have the energy and inclination to.

have a good one.
peach
Old 05-06-2003, 03:08 PM   #13  

Ruth - do you say "aboot" instead of about? I love the way you goofy Canadians talk!

Peach - I had my Stupid appointment with the Stupid Weight Management Person at Stupid Kaiser today. Not happy, but I'll be back to discuss later. At least you have an actual doctor to call, so (to quote the Nike ads) JUST DO IT! Trust me, I know all about that uncomfortable thing of which you speak!

Chickadee
Old 05-06-2003, 03:38 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

my goodness chickie... doesn't sound like a good day for you!! can't wait to hear the dirt.

and peachie... mom said she wanted to go out for mother's day!!!! does this mean that she wants to go out to YOUR HOUSE??????

what can i bring>? buy? [surely you don't expect me to COOK???]
Old 05-06-2003, 04:17 PM   #15  

Hey everyone you all crack me up!!! Yesterday was officially my 3 month post-op mark!!! I have lost 45 lbs!!! Well more if you count all the weight before surgery my highest being 325 and now a SLIM 238!!!! Dang thats 87 lbs!

I am so sad to tell all of yall that I also live in Georgia and do not have a southern accent. I was born and raised in Central America! So hey I can speak Spanish, but no southern accent!!! And I can attest to the fact that Debbie does not have one either!

You all should have seen us walking this morning we were flying past all those stores!!! I was sweating like a horse (ok since I now own a pig and know that they do not sweat, I will say horse)!!! It was great it just makes my day! Debbie I guess we will have to get your Tomahawk candle on Friday since tomorrow is our REALLY early day!!!

Chickadee, Congratulations on your sons Eagle Scout !!My oldest son is working on his Eagle Scout too!!! My 7 year old is a Cub Scout and came in 3rd place in the pack Pinewood derby!!! Ok enough bragging!!

We are going camping this weekend again and I am so excited, I love to camp and now even though I am only 3 months out it is so much easier and FUN!!! But the funny part is I could care less what food we eat, I was always the first to plan the menu and now I could care less. I told my husband I only require a few things, protein and water! Even roasting marshmallows does nothing for me!!!!

Hazel
Closed Thread