South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Tuesday, March 29

Hey all,
Good morning to everyone! My cold/fifths disease is finally going away. It's amazing how just feeling even a little s****y can really affect your day. I dragged around with this thing all week.

Also - does anyone else retain a lot of water when they have a cold/upper respiratory thing going on? I was so swollen, even my face was swollen, and I felt like my whole body was swollen. My fingers usually swell when I have a cold but this was really much more. Anyone else experience this?

Stayed on plan yesterday...ate a bit more than I planned for, but only on plan foods. Here's to a good rest of the week. I'm working on finding my focus again. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Matilda, I'm hoping you'll see the end of this cold/virus and it's side effects really, really soon!

My weight is up a little bit, I think maybe I've been too relaxed in my maintenance the past week or two. Or it could be a hormonal thing, but I'm not going to wait around to find out. Back to a more careful eating plan for the next week to make sure the scale goes back where it belongs.

I walked outdoors yesterday and enjoyed it but I didn't cover my mouth and nose (it's the end of March for Pete's sake) and the cold wind triggered a big time asthma flare up. I was awake off and on all night and I'm dragging this morning. I'm breathing better and I won't feel any better at home than I would at school so I may as well go. I've already arranged for a colleague to trade recess duty for lunch duty so I won't have to go out in the wind.

Faylene, I saw your post in yesterday's thread when I read through this morning. Welcome to the daily thread - I hope you'll post again today and see this. I live in western Maine (between Bethel and Rumford). Are you anywhere nearby?

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Matilda and Heidi, our two Early Chicks. No doubt others will check in while I blether on!

Maltilda, yes, we do retain water when we are sick or otherwise stressed. Our body seems to need it to "put out the fires", so to speak. I hope it leaves soon.

Heidi, I'm up a pound this morning too and know why! Clean eating is not happening although my calories are low. We'll get back on track.

, Faylene. With two Beachers in Maine, I just may have to do a little road trip to test out my GPS.

I walked through the bush yesterday and was amazed at how much snow is still out there. Maybe Spring will come in April? The lads are getting twitchy about the syrup making this year as the sap doesn't run unless the days are above freezing and the nights are below.

The usual day ahead with pet therapy this afternoon followed by meeting with the car-painting guy to set up an appointment and get an estimate. Gotta love the country! His estimate is lower for cash than for a cheque. The underground economy still thrives around here.

If the weather is half decent this morning, I'll wander around outside and get some of the clean-up started. There are lots of branches down and I may as well take care of them before the lads come to officially clean up. The raised bed is still frozen solid but I am hoping it thaws by the weekend. After all, that'll be April! This time last year my scillas were showing blue at the edge of the meadow!

Wishing you sunshine, patches of blue or yellow and warmth besides a hot mug of coffee. I am going to do some dog cuddling now and may indulge in another coffee. (Things get pretty decadent in Delta sometimes! : )
Old 03-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning!! Day off yesterday was nice but last night we found out a good friend of my husband's (and someone I graduated with) died in a car accident Sunday night! He was only 39. Really sad.

On a different note... working today (short day) and getting in a workout before I go. Have a great day all!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my last work day before my long awaited long weekend After a 12 hour day yesterday and lots of work Sunday I am really looking forward to some work-free time!

Mathilda - Glad to hear you're almost 100% again. Hey, can I join you in the focus search? Every time I find mine I misplace it again far too quickly.

Heidi - I'm definitely getting outside today. It's still pretty cold but the wind has calmed down. Hope the kids keep you awake and alert today

Ruth - We are planning a Maine trip this spring (Cape May isn't going to happen with DW's new job and limited TO). Think we can lure some people to Maine in late May? The coast is lovely right before Memorial Day and the summer vacation crazies.

It's a meeting and end tying up day for me. There are several trainings going on while I'm off so I want to make sure everyone has everything they need. I do not want any panicked calls when I'm away!

Now I'm off to my almost last PT appointment (I hope!) then a meeting, phone meeting, another phone meeting and stuff. Somewhere in there I'm going to fit a walk!

Happy Tuesday Chicks
Old 03-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning to you all. My name is Vicki and although I am not new to the site or to South Beach it has been some time since my last visit. I have been holding my weight give or take a pound or two for 1 1/2 years. Its time to lose some more. I started in December working out at the gym here and there, then in the middle of January hit it 4 times a week only to have life interrupt my plans and keep me out for 3 weeks. This month I have been able to average 5 days a week of working out. Now that I seem to have the exercise part down its time for the change in eating habits. I restarted Phase 1 yesterday. So wish me luck. Have a great day and I look forward to this journey with you all!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone!

It's a busy morning for me but I did want to pop in for a quick Hello! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Quick check-in for me. Still up to my neck in moving chores. We should get the official paperwork this week so we'll be able to schedule the movers and flights.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back, Vicki, and nice to see you joining the daily thread.

I just let the dogs out and it's frassing snowing!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning and welcome to Vicki and all the new and returning chicks

I am quite stressed trying to rush through plans for a trip to LA to visit USC with our son. Between trying to get information from the school, inconvenient flight times and fast rising ticket prices, my son being gone all day so hard to pin down... Yikes.

Then he mentions he is no longer going to prom. (The pinata is done but when he was going to deliver the invite this weekend the girl was not home.) No idea what happened since supposedly the kids all work out who is asking whom. My teen does not like to share any personal information!

I am rushed to workout this morning since I am meeting some women for lunch. Motivated to eat OP since I am finally, finally seeing some downward movement on the scale for the first time in months! Of course I am already thinking about my eating in LA for two days!

Sorry to ramble. Stress does that to me. BBL when it is all sorted out.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Quick fly by - did the stationary bike - and now eating breakfast. Finally tried quinoa last night....yuum! It sure does stink cooking it! I put some of my mexican crock pot casserole on it last night, then made extra for a salad today.

gotta get to work!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept 11 hours last night and must now jump into my day without my morning quiet time. Every morning we send a thoughtful message to our friend with the spinal cord injury(who is now in Atlanta)~that is done...

I haven't even thought of a list yet....

Vicki! Best wishes on your journey! I find it's much better shared with friends.

Karen, sorry about the stress! My word for you today, "Breathe". You have alot going on right now.

Linda,

Everyone else

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-29-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quick fly-by! Just checking in. I'm OP, holding steady. Hoping for a whoosh soon. Tired of 125.6.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Lisa
Old 03-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

WOAH am I late today - ah well. Just finished a delicious brunch - cause I was too lazy to create breakfast. Oops.

At home for the day - cleaning, doing paper work for school, dropping off taxes, setting up an Ultimate Tournament for the teenagers this weekend. Well, assuming the forecast is wrong and the rain does not flood the fields . . . Can anyone please tell NOah to float the other way!??

Be well -
Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Hey everyone! Had a great surprise on the scale today....hit my first mini goal weight, 3 days early! Can't beat that! I have some job hunting to do and would really like something that I can do from home...I hate not getting home until almost 7 and having no time with the family at night!
Here's to hoping that something comes up very soon because I am loosing my mind at my current job!

hope everyone has a fantastic, OP day!
Closed Thread