Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298.6/298.6/175

Height: 5'9''

Default Points Plus not working for me

I am feeling so discouraged this week. I have been doing Points Plus for about a month and keep gaining and losing the same few pounds. First I thought I was eating too many 0 point foods so I cut that back to only 2 servings and I am still having no success. I think I am going to switch back to the old system, I was doing well on that. I just feel like I have too many points using points plus- the foods I eat have not gone up in points by much and I have 15 extra points for my target. This past week I went under my target by about 5 points every day and didn't gain or lose anything. Am I the only one having this problem? Has points plus been a success for most you?
nlm1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

There's a fairly large group of people who experienced the same problem and have decided to switch back to the Momentum plan.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mome...tum-users.html
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

There are many of us who are or have experienced the same issue. I switched back to Momentum a little over a month ago and started losing consistantly once again. Come join us over on the Momentum thread!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #4  

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better to know I'm not alone.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Your not alone, i'm stuck at the same 2 lbs for a month now but i feel that the new plan is MUCH more flexible and relaxed for me to keep going and not quit. The old plan was too strict and i was always starving. Maybe see if you can push through the plateau, that's what i'm trying to do

Last edited by pointspluspioneer; 03-29-2011 at 09:15 AM.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

You are certainly not alone. I was on weight watchers points+ for several weeks (9 to be exact) and the week I decided to pull the plug I weighed in .2 ABOVE my starting weight. I was gaining and losing the same 6 pounds. I absolutley REFUSED to spend $39.00 a month for a plan that simply put-did NOT work FOR ME.

I switched to calorie counting last Monday and am THRILLED to say that in one week I saw a 9 pound LOSS! I weigh less now than when I started weight watchers in the beginning of January.

I'm aiming for a 1700 calorie a day goal. I plugged my daily eating into etools just for the **** of it (to see my point+ mark) and I'm eating about 8 points less than what WW was telling me to eat, and that's NOT including weeklies and activities.

I don't mean to pee all over your plan, ladies, but simply stating the fact that every BODY is different and it doesn't always WORK for everybody. There's no shame in that.

Good luck to ya! Don't lose hope though. If this isn't the one for you, there are alternatives to losing weight. Weight watchers is FAR from the end all.
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #7  

The problem is you have to work the plan. The plan does nothing. Do you get in all your 9 GHGs, that includes exercise. Do you plan your meals and keep your tracker? The only difference in the plans is that fruit is 0 points and the way points are figured is more realistic. Eating fewer points means you aren't getting the nutrition your body needs and it will try to hold on to the pounds. Simple carbs are easily digested and stored as fat while protein and fat take calories to digest and take longer and keep you feeling full. Do you eat too many carbs?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #8  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

P+ has been working for me. I have lost 20lbs since the end of January. I think it all depends on the person and what your diet was like before. I had a horrible diet before like take out, fast food, I was even drinking like a fish on the weekends, I knew that had to stop.
I try not to use all my weekly points, I exercise daily now and I eat vegetable instead of a pasta or rice for a side (of course if I really want pasta or rice I have it but always make sure there is a serving of vegetables). Give it time, I hope it works out for you.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #9  

I have definitely decided to switch back to momentum. I was exercising and eating everything according to the plan but it just wasn't working, it's too many points. I calculated my meals from my tracker last week using the old points and while I was at or under my points target using points+, I was over when I used the momentum points plan. Momentum works for me, I was at almost 30 pounds lost abd losing steadily when I switch to points+.

Originally I ate to my points target every day but I wasn't losing anything so last week I started eating only when I was hungry, which usually ended up being about 5 points less then my target. I really dont think it's an issue with stariving my body. In any case, I've made the move back to the old plan and I am hoping to see some positive results at my next weigh in.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #10  

yeah! I am not alone, I thought is was me. I was counting and tracking doing all the right things. Lost 3 lbs. in 3 months. Was a big loser on the old plan. lost 40 lbs.
mpappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'11

Do what works for you. Not everyone will have success from the same plan. I am on Points Plus and I am getting results. I love the program. I used to be a member back in the day too and I didn't see as good results as I am seeing now. My mother switched back to Momentum too. I know there are some members who are, and that's fine. Don't be discouraged. If you were happy with the old program go back to it, whatever helps you. Good Luck!!!!
Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

How do we try the momentum plan? if i go to the weigh in on friday and see again i havent lost anything (last week i stayed at the same weight too), then can i ask them for information about the momentum plan? i dont know why they wouldnt offer it for clients to try if the points plus doesnt work well for them. I would assume they dont want people to be doing the older plans and to stick with the points plus since thats what they promote. I dont know anything about momentum, i was a noobie with the points plus. Sucks, cause i wanna try it!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #13  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

I know that even on the official WW site there are threads in the community forums for people who have switched back to the old plan. I have also read about people who are still attending meetings but doing the old plan, and their leader still gives them support/answers....but I have no idea what the protocol is that they are told to follow-it might not be like that everywhere.

Seems to me that they wouldn't want to lose so many members but alot of planning and money has gone into promoting the new plan changes. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of months.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #14  
Less of a Better Me

WW believes that the points plus plan is a better plan representing more up to date science. They aren't going to give you the materials for and the option to do the Momentum plan since they feel it is now, well, inferior to the points plus plan.

That said -- If you personally are more successful with the Momentum plan then it makes sense to follow that plan (or whatever healthy plan works for you). I personally like Points Plus and it is way more successful for me than Momentum. But if it didn't work for them then I would look for another option.

The WW plan -- any of them -- is a tool to help you lose weight. There are people who enjoy the meetings and the support but don't actually count points or technically follow the eating plan. There are those of us who do follow WW but also calorie count. The key is what works for you to lose weight. For most people, I think the Points Plus plan is the better plan. But if it didn't work for me then I wouldn't follow it even if it did work for lots of other people.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Well...i just stepped on the scale and it still says 234 at home. Which is the exact number i have been sitting at for 3 weeks now. SO. before i absolutely lose my mind and just outright quit i need to understand why this is happening so i can fix it. I am so discouraged and put out by it all, but i will see officially at weigh in. Going to bring my tracker this time so my WW lady can see it and give me tips.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote