Old 03-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #1  
Miss Melissa

S/C/G: 284/269/165

Height: 5'9

Default Mini Goal suggestions

I am still very new at this website. I need to loose a little over 100 lbs. My question is how did you all pick your mini goals and rewards. With it being 100 lbs should I do 4 mini goals of 25 lbs each? I think I have an idea BUT I REALLY WANT IT TO STICK THIS TIME so I wanted others input on it. Any help would be appreciated.
MelissaMartiinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I am a big fan of using something other than the numbers on the scale as mini goals. The numbers vary so much, and don't always tell the truth about your progress.

Some things you might want to make your mini goals:
losing sizes of clothing
moving along in exercise routines (increase time or distance for example)
Sticking with your plan 100% for X number of days
Cutting a bad habit out entirely (eating fast food, eating sugary treats, etc)

Some scale based goals can be:
10% of weight lost (so, 110 lbs = every 11 pounds lost)
Meaningful numbers to you (I had a mini goal that was my husband's weight)
25% are good goals as you mentioned.

I never really rewarded myself since meeting the goal was reward in and of itself I guess right now.. I am wearing loose 14s in most of my clothes, but I am not buying new until I can get into 10s. So when I reach size 10 I am rewarding myself with clothes - that's a fun reward if you look at it that way. Reality is: I am just cheap haha!

Last edited by Pacifica Bee; 03-28-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

My mini-goals have been meaningful weights to me so far. My first was getting out of the 200's. I also have one not listed in my signature (188lbs), which is the highest pre-pregnancy weight that I was at. 185lbs marks going from obese to overweight, 175lbs was my pre-pregnancy weight and my big mini-goal is 155lbs (healthy BMI). Eventually I want to hit 140=exactly 100lbs lost and my weight in high school.

I've talked about rewarding myself along the way but it's never really happened because of $$ reasons. Instead I've just boughten clothes when I could afford them. I'd like to buy a new workout outfit soon and I have a bunch of mini-goals come up so they might coincide this time, though.

I think I'm also going to start posting pictures on facebook again once I hit 175lbs since I've been too embarrassed to post them before because of my weight (the vast majority of my high school/college friends knew me at 140-155lbs).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, I need to get some new goals now since I've met both of them. My husband and I were supposed to go to a cabin in the woods for when I hit the 50lbs lost mark, and it hasn't happened yet (due to time constrainsts with his job right now) but every now and then when I would get to a sticking point, I'd promise myself a new pair of shoes when I got there. I've thought about a getaway to Las Vegas once I hit goal. Here in my signature I just thought about getting to an "overweight" status rather than obese as my first mini-goal, then "onederland" because that would be a low that I haven't been at since high school days. I think I'll make my mini-goal #3 80 lbs lost, or 190lbs, and maybe do 10lb increments until I get to goal.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #5  
Miss Melissa

S/C/G: 284/269/165

Height: 5'9

Thanks ladies. I never even thought not to put it in a weight# as a mini goal. Thank you!!!!
MelissaMartiinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm a big fan of FIVE pounds. That's not immense but it is something BIG for sure. Whenever I didn't think it was a big deal, i'd lug a 5lb bag of flour around for a while and it made me feel oddly triumphant!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #7  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I bought myself some new clothes at -50 lbs.

But that was necessary.

As soon as I get some money together I'm donating 50 lbs of food to the food pantry and donating 50$ to their fresh produce initiative.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

btw, I'm breaking my goals down into 4 month chunks.

If I don't make them, but I gave it 110%, I will still get a reward.

Four months seems to be just the right amount of time to keep me motivated and right at the end when I feel like I'm winding down a new goal comes and picks me up. I'm on my second 4 month goal. I'm slightly behind schedule, but very on plan.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm going to start a bracelet for myself. Every 10 pounds gets a new charm/bead. I love the glass "pandora" style beads. Kohl's has pretty good sales. They are on sale now for 55% off. You can also find some really pretty ones on Etsy. By the end of my journey, I should have lovely piece of special jewelry.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote