Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 07:50 AM   #1  

Default tried dance aerobics video-I"m such a klutz!!!

I thought I'd try a different type of aerobic workout from the Leslie Sansone tapes. I bought a tape by an instructor named Minna Lessig off ebay for two dollars (plus shipping) I had borrowed some of her strength training tapes from the library and liked those.

Thought I could keep up-ha, ha, ha, ha....

The tape has some steps I can do separately, but NOT together in double time-cha chas, mambos. grapevines, shimmies..with side lunges and jumping jacks in between....I must have looked so funny attempting these moves. My hips and back hurt now, too.

Okay, I'm returning to my non dance Leslie Sansone tapes tomorrow.

The only redeeming thing is that there is a thirty minute strength training segment after the aerobics. I will attempt that.

Hey Jessica, maybe you would like it....

Uncoordinated,
Sherry
Old 05-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #2  

Sorry Suzie, I had to laugh. Cause I can just imagine what I look like trying to do some of the moves on a couple of my tapes. Plus I want to go to a Zumba fitness class at the rec center (latin Dance aerobics) I hope they don't have mirrors, otherwise I'll be laughing so hard I won't be able to move.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:19 AM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

When we lived on a military base overseas, I used to go to the 6:00 a.m. step class at the gym. A lot of the Marines went to it, too, and it was pretty funny to see the new ones stumbling around. Of course, when I first started doing step I'm sure I looked like one of the dancing hippos from Fantasia!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:27 AM   #4  
Still Hanging Around:)

I'm not known for being Miss Grace! LOL! I'd be scared to see what I'd look like trying to attempt those moves But WTG trying it out!! The only video that I've been near-successful with is a walking video. I live in west-central Wisconsin, and weather is definitely a factor in outdoor exercise, so the tape is nice during the icky, cold months. I also belong to a very small gym. I try to get out there a couple times/week minimum.

The only tape that I've thought about trying but haven't is the Tae-Bo. I'm not sure if there is a beginner's version, but I think it's something I'd like. My DH & my two kids are involved in karate, but I don't have that niche (and really don't see myself joining karate unless I dropped A LOT of weight).
Old 05-05-2003, 11:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i love minna's tapes! heh. but i did so some dancing in my youth, so maybe i still have some of that in me. although david tells me i'm a klutz...
Old 05-05-2003, 05:52 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Sherry,

LOL, I was reading your post think, "man, I should get this tape," and then you said I would probably like it. HA!

If you've really given up on it, e-mail me (or PM me) your address, I'll buy it off of you. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jen, I SO want to Zumba! My YMCA is not offering it yet (however, they do offer polynesian dance, bellydance and something called NIA). Let me know how it goes.

The Hippos from Fantasia were pretty graceful ....
Old 05-05-2003, 06:20 PM   #7  

I've wanted to try the Zumba too, but I am also a member of the Klutz Club!!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:32 PM   #8  

Jessica: I"m going to Zumba this Saturday for sure so I'll let you know. Actually it took forever to get my rec center to do it. They didn't want to pay for the training that they have to get to become certified Zumba instructors, but evenyually they gave in. YAY Maybe if you keep bugging them, they get hopping on it.

mthrgoos68: I heard you didn't really have to be that coordinated, I guess the moves aren't that hardm but it's also coming from people who are a whole lot smaller, more limber, and have been doing it alot longer. We'll see, if I can keep up, you could probobly keep up!!!
Closed Thread