Old 03-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #1  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default so depressing!

i took my before pics. with my stomach relaxed and basically "letting it hang out" no angles to make it look better, no just my face, but the before pic, in all it's depressing glory.

I HATE IT. i look like i swallowed a cow for dinner. gah. i never ever want to see myself looking like this again.

for the sake of my sanity, i am not putting it up for public consumption just yet. but i did take it, front and side view. and it took me forever to work up the courage to see what the camera would tell me.

if that's not motivation to stay on track, i don't know what is.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #2  
NewBody=Drugz4Me

S/C/G: 275's?/Ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I understand how u feel! I took my pics yesterday and just looked at them now up close and was like OMG, I'M A COWWW!

Definitely not showing anyone those..
Drugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #3  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Seeing a pic of myself last July was big motivation for me to get started...it was horrible to look at. Don't worry, you're on your way now and you get to look forward to progress pics!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:54 PM   #4  

i plan on taking one every 10lbs i lose so i can do a photo journal of sorts later on. hopefully i will end up with 12-13 pictures in all.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #5  

I took one of myself in a huge mirror and debated whether to post in my profile. I did, and everytime my stomach growls or I think about "One little bite won't hurt" of noshing at my computer, I pull it up and decide to keep on track.

It is depressing, and somehow my minds eye just doesn't see me quite as fat as the reality that picture clearly documents.

I plan to do one every 25 pound loss.
RetroChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #6  

Retro - we seem to be in about the same situation with the weight loss (if your ticker is current).

I messed with it in paint, so it's only 1 picture, but it shows both front and side view, and last night I was looking at it while having my nightly online chat with my fiance (only 8 more weeks left of long distance mess yay!) and it made me wonder how he could think that hot mess of a woman was someone he wanted by his side forever.

Wonderful as he is, he told me he's not in love with the number on the scale, he's in love with the woman inside and it doesn't much matter what package she comes in because she's beautiful to him regardless. I may have cried.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #7  
Perfectly Imperfect

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

My before picture was taken by my son of me standing next to my husband at the zoo. The picture didnt bother me till my Mother in law tagged it on facebook for her family to see her son and daughter in law. I hate pictures and it was the only one of the two of us.
love02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nfyo0zed View Post
...he's in love with the woman inside and it doesn't much matter what package she comes in because she's beautiful to him regardless. I may have cried.
Oh, that is so sweet. Congratulations!
My husband has never made me feel bad about my weight, but plenty of times I've felt bad enough about it for the both of us!

Yes my ticker is up-to-date. But I'm 6 inches shorter and you likely carry your weight much more elegantly than carry mine. I'm as round as I am tall, ugh!
RetroChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #9  

haha nothin elegant about it. my grandpa used to joke that i had all the extra padding because i was the most awkward teen in my growing phase. i tripped over everything, including my own feet. and once i hit my stopping point, i didn't gain any grace. i still trip over everything.

and my fiance makes me wonder what i did to deserve someone as amazing as he is. the picture on my profile is my face, my pretty nails, and the ring he put on my finger. haha.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #10  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nfyo0zed View Post
i took my before pics. with my stomach relaxed and basically "letting it hang out" no angles to make it look better, no just my face, but the before pic, in all it's depressing glory.

I HATE IT. i look like i swallowed a cow for dinner. gah. i never ever want to see myself looking like this again.

for the sake of my sanity, i am not putting it up for public consumption just yet. but i did take it, front and side view. and it took me forever to work up the courage to see what the camera would tell me.

if that's not motivation to stay on track, i don't know what is.
You will be SO glad you took that pic a few months into your journey when you see a big difference
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #11  

i really hope so!

i commented on the daily weigh in thread that i gained 0.2 (to 290.8) since my previous weigh in, but on a whim i stepped on the scale after my shower and it said 289.4 (which would be a loss of 1.2lbs). i was so excited to see 28X on the scale that i danced into my room to get dressed.