Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 12:10 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of May 4th**

Hi All,

Just popping in to get the new week started! Having a busy weekend here! Heading to mom's when my boys wake up to clean out the garage.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:08 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

My first day alone with Alex!! So far we are OK!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:25 AM   #3  
LBH

Hang in there Karen, you'll be alright...and I"m sure DH will be calling to check in!! If it gets that bad, just cry to DH to come home!!
Old 05-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #4  

hello.

I had a nice weekend away, but did horribly food wise. Sigh. I'm back on the wagon today.

I can't believe it's May. DS turns 22 on Wednesday and then graduates in 2 weeks! I am busy with party plans.

Karen - enjoy the little one.

Rabbit
Old 05-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #5  

Hi all,
I did bad food wise this weekend too and I won't even say how much I drank!! Went out with the girls for some drinking and dancing on Saturday night (had a limo taking us home). We all got way crazy and we're hurting on Sunday. I'm not as young as I used to be!!!!

Karen, Hang in there and enjoy your one-on-one time with the new guy. I'm sending you a PM regarding geocaching -- I'm interested in trying it.

Rabbit, got room for two on that wagon????

Lauren, hope the garage cleaning went well. It's time for my DH to do some of that.

Where is everyone???
Old 05-05-2003, 04:23 PM   #6  
LBH

Hey All,

Well, we got a lot done in the garage...whew...a lot. We pulled a bunch of stuff out and swept the floor first...that alone made it a hundred times better. Then one by one I started going through the bags...big contractor bags. I made three piles: Garbage, Keep, Garage Sale. I got through 4-5 bags I think, but there's still probably 7-8 bags to go through! Guess we'll be back there a few more weekends. We were gonna put the stuff in the IL's garage sale, it's a town-wide thing, next weekend, but we didn't have time to go through everything. Most of what I went through was garbage or keeper stuff.

Rabbit & Liz, jump back on the wagon, weekends are hard. I know I don't drink nearly the water I should on the weekend, it's just not easy. In fact yesterday at Mom's I went to pump, and got a 1/2 oz. because I hadn't drank in hours!! So I stopped and drank a few large glasses of water, then tried again later at home.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:57 PM   #7  

Liz - I'm throwing you a rope! Grab on!

Rabbit
Old 05-07-2003, 01:09 PM   #8  

Hey guys.....I am having a bad week TOM is back, again and my hormones are in depression mode. I have been eating ok and exercising good. But I just have the blues I didn't get the job but I know who did and she is good and deserving so I am happy for her. Who knows, I may have a shot at her job when they open it. Even though I felt bad at first I did a good interview, first one in over 10 years and I feel good that they thought I was qualified enough to interview me. I did have some reservations after the interview (it is far from home so I would have had a long commute, it would have required alot of overtime, and didn't get a warm fuzzy with some of the people) so I guess it is for the best. I also got some discouraging news regarding the Ex so I can pretty much forget child support. I also had to tell DD that I cannot let her go visit him until he can provide a better environment for her. He can come see her, which he won't do, but I cannot let her go there. My DH is out of town at a conference, he will be back Thursday night.

LBH, RR, & Karen - Hope all of your babies are feeling better

Rabbit and Liz - Hang on to that Rope

Ellie
Old 05-07-2003, 02:04 PM   #9  

Hi girls, Hump day is here and it's eat-everything-in-sight TOM. I've been reading "Making the Connection" this week -- by Oprah's personal trainer (Bob Greene I think). I finished the chapters on how to exercise and have incorporated that. Next chapter is all about eating habits. So far I really like it and it seems to apply to me. Now if I can just take his advice.

Karen, Thanks for the info on geocaching. There are hundreds of caches in my very near area. DH said he'd like to try it so one of these weekends we'll go exploring.

Lauren, Thanks for the info on posting pics. I'll have to experiment.

Rabbit, you're gonna have to play in the wagon alone right now. Meanwhile I'll just be sitting here licking the chocolate off my lips. I'm back to the gym this week and have had great workouts all three days but not doing so well with the eating.

Ellie, I'm glad you're able to see the positive things on not getting the job. <<everything happens for a reason>> Sorry to hear your ex is making things difficult.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:58 PM   #10  

hello all. Today is ds' birthday. He is 22.

Ellie - nice that you can be happy for the person who got the job!

Liz - I've heard that is a good book. ~ OK, what is geocaching??

Rabbit
Old 05-08-2003, 07:58 AM   #11  

Rabbit, Geocaching is like treasure hunting but with a GPS system. They have a website www.geocaching.com that explains it and tells you places in your area.

Well I made the mistake and stepped on the scale this morning. I've gained six pounds since Saturday. I'm sure it's a combo of water retention, one too many candy bars, big dinner last night, TOM, and the major exercise I've been doing. I'm laughing it off for now since my clothes still fit the same. Saturday we're going to Busch Gardens so we'll be doing lots of walking and sweating. Hopefully that will help me get back to normal. This getaway is my b-day present from last year. Our trip got cancelled so we're just now getting around to going. I can't wait -- I love rollercoasters!! They got free beer there too.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:37 PM   #12  

aaahhhhhh!!! I had ordered cheesecakes for ds' graduation party next Saturday (he loves cheesecake) - thought that would be fun to have. Anyway, I haven't been able to get ahold of the place for a couple of days and just found out SHE WENT OUT OF BUSINESS!!! And she did not call. Sheesh. Looking for someone else now, wish me luck!

Liz - thanks for the explanation. Have a fun weekend!

Rabbit
Old 05-08-2003, 03:29 PM   #13  
LBH

Rabbit, haven't I heard you say you have a cheesecake factory around you somewhere? Hang in there !!
Old 05-08-2003, 05:25 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Little one is asleep so I have a few minutes. I just weighed and I've lost another 5 pounds!! I have no idea how because, trust me, the eating has been awful. We are going to make a trip to Cosco tonight so I will pick up some veggies to help be a bit more nutritious!!

Liz: Hope you get a chance to try the geocaching. We really enjoy it.

Rabbit: Yikes on the cheesecake lady!! Hope you find someone soon.

Ellie: Well, it looks like things worked out for the best with the job. If you don't get along with the people you work with it makes the time you spend at work LONG!! I've been there. Totally sucks about the ex!!

OK, gotta go. Have a great evening all!!
Old 05-08-2003, 05:36 PM   #15  

Rabbit - If I lived closer to you I would make cheesecakes for you DS's grad party, I make a pretty darn good cheesecake There are a few places online that make good cheesecakes if you can't find a local source. I think Harry and David makes a really good cheesecake. Good luck

Karen - WTG on losing 5 pounds!! Don't worry about how, just enjoy

Liz - I can totally relate, it is my TOM (again) and I also made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning and was up a pound

My DH is coming home tonight

Have a good afternoon
Ellie
Closed Thread