View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #95
NurseJessie

S/C/G: 317/317/150

Height: 5'2"

[quote=Eliana;3560398]"A year from now you'll be glad you started today."

I found 3FC about three weeks into this. On my first day I read the amazing quote in someone's signature, "A year from now you'll be glad you started today." I knew right then that I wanted one day to write THIS post. I knew then what I had to do. I made a commitment then and there that I would remain on plan for one year without giving up no matter what. That was the most powerful moment for me! Suddenly the scale lost all its power. It didn't matter if I gained two pounds after a really hard workout. I couldn't give up. So I'd stalled for a month. It didn't matter. I'd made a commitment. I was not going to give up.

Hey there, I just read your post, and I'm not going to lie, it made me tear up a bit. I found this site...wow, almost a year ago, and, here I am, the same size I was when I found it back then. I keep telling myself, I just need to do it. I know it's not all going to happen at once and, maybe that's my problem, I'm all about instant gratification. I want to see the change immediately. But, that quote...a year from now you'll be glad you started today...if, I had started when I first found the site...I think I'd be a lot happier than I am now. I think....aside from looking at myself in the mirror as I type this and noting the horrible resemblence to Jabba the Hut....you just gave me some much needed motivation...so, thank you. And, as a side note...I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot...any recommendations for working out that's not going to kill my foot? Thanks again. Jessie
NurseJessie is offline   Reply With Quote