Old 03-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Alternative Plan Phase I

I have started the program and am on day 3. I didn't see a thread for the alternative plan so I wanted to make one where anyone else doing it can come and chat. I'm on it for health reasons. I am borderline diabetic and am a middle aged woman going through changes with my cycle, I haven't reached menopause yet but would love to get there real soon!
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #2  

Today I started having problems with gas and diarrhea, anyone else out there have that problem? I'm thinking it's from detoxing. I am on day 3.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'3"

I had gas but wasn't passing at just really bloated. One of the other people on here gave a home-made recipe for a laxative. It worked getting all the gas and everything else out. The recipe was a glass of water with 1/4 cup of sea salt. Worked pretty quick about 3o mins. I didn't want to take anything else because afraid it would affect diet.
Jaclyn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #4  

Thanks Jaclyn, I think I got everything out earlier though with all the runs. I took some probiotics and some plain Greek yogurt. That seems to have settled my stomach down some.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #5  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
Today I started having problems with gas and diarrhea, anyone else out there have that problem? I'm thinking it's from detoxing. I am on day 3.
Try Digestive Enzymes. They help with the gas issues a lot. Let me know if you have other alternative plan questions. My boyfriend who's lost 50 lb did the alternative plan while I did the regular one.
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #6  

Thanks eatants for your response. I may have some more questions later on. Right now I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Last edited by GettingItOff; 03-16-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Try Digestive Enzymes. They help with the gas issues a lot. Let me know if you have other alternative plan questions. My boyfriend who's lost 50 lb did the alternative plan while I did the regular one.
EatAnts...I have some questions about the alternative plan. I'm doing the regular IP but I have a friend that can't afford this plan so I got her started on an alternative plan. She is using Weight Protein (?) powder as her protein shakes then doing everything else IP. Can you give me a sample menu of what your boyfriend has...what protein shakes does he use...does he use any protein bars....how many meals does he have a day (3,4,5)...does he count his salad seperate from his vegetable count or is it part of it. I'm confused about the salad...my coach says iceberg is unlimited but romain or mixed green lettuce counts towards veggis (anything dark green)...but I read on here not to use iceberg due to no nutritional value and romain and mixed green lettuce is considered lettuce (unlimited).

My friend lost 6 lbs her first week but hasn't lost anything for her second. I thought she would have lost something her second week. I just want to make sure we are on the right track.

I appreciate any help you can give me.
CarrieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaclyn06 View Post
I am using the alternative plan. Just got done with my 1st week. Got most of my info from this forum.

i am using EAS AvantEDGE shakes, they are sold at Walmart, comes in a 4 pack. They are 4.99 a pack.

For breakfast: Shake
Lunch: Salad, I use romanie or mix no iceberg, measure 2 cups of veggies on side, use Walden Farms salad dressing and a shake
Dinner: 7oz of fish or 5oz of lean meat, salad and 2 cups of veggies( either I use the full 2 cups on the side steamed or I use 1cuo on side 1 cup on salad) Walden farms dressing
30 mins before bed shake

I am also taking a ton of vitamins. Mulit-vitamin, Omega 3, calcuim, magnisum, & potassium.

I have lost 8 pounds in 1 week.

oh yea forgot at least half my weight in water

I appreciate any help you can give me.
[/QUOTE]

Jaclyn...thanks for the info it really helps. going by what you have for your meals she isn't eating enough...she would use her green salad for her 2 cups of veggis. I will give her this info and maybe she will start losing more.
CarrieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #9  
IP start June 11, 2014

I am on an alternative plan due to the cost as well. I hesistate to post since I am so new at this none of what I have to say has any value at all. I don't know what I don't know yet. But...after researching and comparing IP products and other products, I went with zero carb isopure from netrition.com (liked the variety of vitamins and amino acids in the mix) and I like the taste.

Breakfast: 1/2 serving isopure shake (a full serving is 220 cal 50g protein so I cut it in half to match more like what an IP packet would be)
lunch: pack of frozen veggies and a shake (sometimes I don't get the shake in or may have 3oz tuna/salmon with mustard)
dinner: 7 oz of high quality protien, 2 cups veggies in big salad. If I exercised that day, I may eat a little more of dinner. Shake before bed.

Multivitamin + Omega3 and a gal of water/day

I bought the cookies and cream isopure shake and just ordered the alpine punch mix which has the same 220 cal 50 grams protein per serving along with a bunch of vitamins/minearls/aminos (thinking of having an herbal tea/punch tottie before bed). Haven't gotten through a week yet but at this rate, I wouldn't be supprised if I easily lost 10 lbs when my week is up (Sunday).

So far it has been pretty easy -but anyone can do anything for a couple of days. I pray each day that I can keep with it and follow through for the duration.

Haven't found any bars yet that I trust. I worry about them having too many sugar alcohols and throwing me off (this happened before when I was on atkins) so the bars make me nervous. Dixie Diner products have low carb stuff, but I haven't compared their products to IP products yet to see if they are comparable or can be made comparable.
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #10  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I have started the program and am on day 3. I didn't see a thread for the alternative plan so I wanted to make one where anyone else doing it can come and chat. I'm on it for health reasons. I am borderline diabetic and am a middle aged woman going through changes with my cycle, I haven't reached menopause yet but would love to get there real soon!
Just a clarification.....are you doing the IP Alternative plan? In which you are allowed dairy, fruit and wheat bread (due to medical reasons)......OR are you doing IP alternatively? In which you purchase products similar to IP at a cheaper cost.

Big difference there folks!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I do think we need to clarify this thread as Wyoangel stated. I think the origin of this thread may have been for the alternate plan, not people using alternative products.

Alternative products should probably not be discussed here. Just a thought.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #12  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Oop! Sorry about that, I wasn't paying close enough attention. I will post my questions on the proper thread.
Thanks!
wekaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Just a clarification.....are you doing the IP Alternative plan? In which you are allowed dairy, fruit and wheat bread (due to medical reasons)......OR are you doing IP alternatively? In which you purchase products similar to IP at a cheaper cost.

Big difference there folks!

I am doing the IP Alternative plan for medical reasons as I have some health issues. How much longer does it take to get the weight off?
Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #14  

Ok, I've been using the digestive enzymes and am still having problems with runny stools and gas. I feel like I'm still detoxing and am on day 6 already. Anyone else experience this?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #15  

I actually lost 8 pounds on the alternative plan for week one, so I'm excited about that. I'll take it!