South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday, 3/17 Daily Chat

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

It's promising to be a fine early spring day, even though there's still a few more days until spring is officially here. I hope everyone's wearing green on this day when everyone's Irish.

I'm starting my morning with coffee, which just finished perking. Would you care to join me for a cup?
Old 03-17-2011, 06:15 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning and happy St. Patricks Day to you, too Linda!

I'm also wearing green, and though it's frosty out there right now things are supposed to warm up here today, too. We got about 2 inches of snow yesterday, so not enough to cause any problems. But I'm sure glad we'll see sunny skies again today. I've got a meeting after school but plan to get a walk in after that. I skipped my outdoor walk yesterday because the roads were slippery and I didn't want to risk being in the path of a skidding vehicle!

Enjoy your Thursday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-17-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've had some coffee already but I'm always happy to have a warm up Thanks Cottage

Today is a much needed mostly day off. I have a few little things to do but will have plenty of time for errands and walking out in the lovely early spring weather (or so the forecast promises!).

I'm off to an early morning PT appt. but will be back later for more catching up.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hello o'chicks.

I got all the kids dressed in green and even remembered to put on a green shirt myself. Tom was covered so I didn't have to worry about him. We are having all green, white, and orange food today. Fun! My paternal grandmother's father came to the States from Ireland so St. Patrick's Day is always a good time to dust off family stories.

Linda, have fun with the girls today! Are they on the hunt for leprechauns?

Heidi, hope your walk is nice this afternoon!

Cyndi, good luck at PT!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-17-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Happy St. Paddy's day to everyone! I'm making corned beef and cabbage for tonight. Should be delish. Yesterday at work was horrid. I won't go into details, but the interpersonal difficulties in my department sometimes come to a head. Also, people are always worried about saving their own a**es so they will throw others under the bus at any time. Moving right along...

Here's hoping today is better. I weigh in tomorrow, let's see if some of this water weight comes off!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Linda. I'm surprised there is no Bailey's in it this morning.

Heidi, you are NOT supposed to have snow for St. Patrick's Day. Do you want me to speak to someone? My Grandpa was from Maine and I could send him down.

Kara, it took me a minute until I realized why Tom didn't have to wear green! I bet your kids look cute.

Matilda, what a horrible work situation! This too shall pass but let's hope there is not too much bloodshed or lasting scars.

Cyndi, I hope the lovely spring weather shows as promised. We are expecting some warmth too. I just may get to walk down for the mail, maybe with a dog.

My corned beef is in the crockpot to burble away for the day. The cabbage and taters will go in an hour before dinner. My parents always went all out for today. Mother would put green colouring in everything, including porridge, and Dad would put green colouring in the toilet tanks so we had a nice surprise when we flushed. I'm not sure that I even LIKE CB & C but it's tradition along with a tot of Bushmills which I'll skip. .

Donna comes to clean and I plan to hole up and quilt while she's here. I am starting to see bits of bare earth outside and there sure will be no quilting time once the weather turns. I'm hoping to sort out my seeds today as well. At least the packets are dated so I can make quick decisions. Need a bank trip too.

Wishing you the luck of the Irish and shamrocks but not too many leprechauns to get you in trouble.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning and get your Irish on! I was completely on plan yesterday! Seems like a little thing, but it's big to me. Another (hopefully quiet) WFH day today. Mom invited us for corned beef and cabbage, but I think I'll decline. No need for temptations. Gonna get dressed (something green of course) and go walking. We are Irish I guess, my last name came to this country from County Antrim, but so far back I'm not sure it counts - before it was a country, actually. We've got a beautiful day forecast today. Hope you do too!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

No Irish in this redhead's background Unless you count maybe my husband's family way back. My challenge today will be cupcakes and bread. I commit here that I will eat neither! Having family over for dinner since my son is home. Got lots more cleaning to do. And my husband has spread all sorts of tax stuff all over the kitchen counter that we use when we serve buffet-style.

Have a great day all.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in, yet again. Happy St. Pat's Day! Kirk tweaked his back yesterday so we're both kinda tweaked...our next company comes Sunday or Monday. I need to get some work done...perhaps today is the day.

Take care everyone!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!!

Today will be filled with the following statement"Yes, I know it is tradition to pinch someone if they are not wearing green, but it is not something we do here at school." I have an Irish last name, so apprently on my husband's side of the family came from Ireland. That being said we don't do anything to celebrate. I don't even think he did anything growing up. His maternal grandparents were from Italy and that was the stronger influence growing up.

I hope you have a great day!!!

Jasmine

Last edited by tanner'smom; 03-17-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Feeling in a great mood this morning for some reason. I have my green on, we are having a luncheon at work but they will have op food so I am good

Enjoy your day and here is to everyone staying op!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Happy St. Patty's Day. I don't have a lick of Irish in me, but green is my favorite color so I am all decked out!

Heidi- sorry to hear that you have snow and cold weather, its supposed to be close to 90 here today
Matilda- I hope you have a better day at work today!
Ruth- your dinner sounds wonderful! Up for company???

I made my son green oatmeal today and he thought that was just the cats meow!

Hope everyone else has a fabulous day!!! My back is killing me today, which is weird because it was fine yesterday and last night
Anywho....better get to work. TTYL

-JESS
Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #13  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning chicky birds

I'll be back later but since I'm not one to go quietly in the night, I wanted to let everyone know that I've earned my fifth carrot! Long fought battle after my health issue last month but I hung in there and it is so worth it.

All I can say to those whose scale hasn't moved in a while, just be patient, it will if you stay on plan.

I just completed five months on the beach and now fifty pounds are gone forever and ever! I'm off to walk and bask in my success.

Last edited by TallandThin; 03-17-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #14  
Be happy.

Hooray for TallandThin! Congratulations!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! TallandThin! I noticed your ticker this AM and knew you'd be changing it soon!

Hi everyone else!
Closed Thread