Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #1  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Default 1 more mini-goal left! But still can't grasp it all.

This morning I made, even surpassed, my 2nd to last mini goal which was 155! It’s such an interesting phenomenon that even though I am embracing my new size 12 (10 in skirts) I still look in the mirror and only see a slight change. And I know this sounds weird but I find myself touching my body more; especially when I am laying in bed all stretched out. I touch my hip bones, my stomach & sides, I’ll touch the back of my knees, etc. The biggest thing lately (and almost too obsessively) is when I am at my desk working I will hunch my shoulders forward to see how far I can get my shoulder bones to stick out. And I’ll touch them – still perplexed that they are there. And I still haven’t gotten over the fact that I can’t sleep in my usual fetal position with my knees touching anymore.

So even though I FEEL all these things changing on my body, I don’t SEE them yet. I think when that day finally comes I’m going to freak out!

I know, I know! I’m starting to lose it! Literally and figuratively!

The 1st pic was at 184 pounds - Day 1. The 2nd pic was taken last Saturday. It was a size 10 skirt that actually zipped! But even with these pics, I still don't see much change. The pics are small but if you click on them they will appear larger.

Jan 3 184 lbs.jpg

2011-03-12_12 41 21.jpg
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #2  
Patience Grasshopper

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I absolutely see a difference! You look GREAT by the way

Your stomach is smaller as well as your hips! You're doing great, and I know what you mean about touching your new body. I'm constantly touching my jawline and still shocked at the fact that my double chin is disappearing

Keep up the good work!
chubbyhipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

You look great! I love the new skirt look, too... goodbye mom jeans!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #4  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Holy cow, you're almost there!! How exciting! I can imagine how odd it must be to have your body feel one way but to have your eyes see something different... you've made such a big change, and I'm sure it will take time for your mind to catch up. One day, you'll be looking back at your old photos and be unable to remember what it felt like to carry that extra weight.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:15 AM   #5  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

I know exactly what you are saying. You have done such a terrific job! My mind has not caught up with my body yet either. Someone told me today that I looked "tiny" and I literally turned around to see who they were talking to. LOL
Just take it one day at a time (at least that's what I'm trying to do) and keep telling yourself how much you've lost and how great you look and feel and eventually it will set in.
Keep up the great work!!
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #6  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Haha I do the same thing, touching my arms and hip bones and what not. I think its actually helpful for you to physically connect to help change the mental side slowly....and for me it was such a difference from feeling so disconnected I didnt want to look in a mirror or touch...

Congrats and keep it up
xty is offline   Reply With Quote