Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Default MaY FLoWeRs

Hi ladies! Welcome to MaY FLoWeRs
This post is going to take over the ApRiL WaLkErS! Anyone who wants to join is welcome to post with us here! We post how much we walk each day and some of us post the mileage that we want to beat for the months! If this sounds like you go ahead and join us! Whoohoo!
Hi Noelle, Cristi, Lynne & Kristi! Hope you found us!
Lets get our shoes on and start walking!

P.S. If the group gets huge we can do weekly threads!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:21 PM   #2  

OOOOOH can I join in on this one? I saw you guys last month, but I wanted to get in on a full month. Hey Noelle and Cristi....small world huh?

My goal for this month is 60 miles. I think that's do-able.

Let's walk!!!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 03:16 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angry Tag, you're IT

Found ya! Hey Jenifer & Cristi. Hey welcome Jen! See, great people travel in great circles . Glad to have you aboard this challenge.

Kristi and Lynne hope you find us here. New friends and more motivation are what we need.
Kristi, homemade pasta? Yum, sounds good. That's very ambitious, I've never tried to make my own (too lazy) . I'm a convenience kind of gal, out of the box or can and into the microwave kind of chef I am .

Lynne how's the new hairdo? Can we see it? I like getting my hair done, it makes me feel like a new person.

My goal for May will be 85 miles. I had no idea how far I could walk in a month and my goal in April was just 65 miles. Now that I know I did well over 80, I'm reaching a little higher this time around. I think I'll need a new pair of shoes in the next month or so. As far as finding the time to walk? Always right after work on the weekdays and first thing in the morning on weekends. I am very lucky to have my parents watching over my son for an hour or so while I exercise. (Thanks mom and dad) . Let's get walking everyone!

Happy May Day.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:17 PM   #4  

Hi ladies! Well I got finished walking and it felt good I think I am getting a lot faster.
Welcome Mar&Ivy'smom! We love new friends here! I hope everyone else finds us! Well not much else is going on! Take care!

Total Miles Today: 2
Old 05-02-2003, 12:17 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hey, Noelle, Jenifer, Kristi, Lynne & Jen!

Oooo Kristi homemade pasta! Sounds delicious! I wish I had time to cook from scratch. Using a bread machine is as close as it gets. My son bought me a bread machine for christmas a couple of years ago, oh they make the best bread and it is so easy. You throw the mix in with water, close the lid, start it and 3 hours later you have the best bread. Of course I don't use it as often as I would like.

Lynne, I need a new do. But I can't get my hair cut yet, even though it is driving me crazy. My daughter and I are growing our hair out and then we will cut it and donate it to Locks of Love. They make wigs for cancer patients. They will only take it if it is at least 10 inches long, no shorter. I need a couple more inches for that and to have some left on my head! Of course I may have to let it grow a bit longer. I am kind of liking long hair again.

Jen, glad you decided to join us! WELCOME!!

Jenifer, you're getting faster and I'm slowing down.

Okay, I have my goals for this month worked out. I am setting my goal for 60 miles for May. That's just 15 more, and I think I will end up doing more. I just don't want to set it too high and then not be able to do it. So I'm going low and hoping to go over. I amazed myself by doing 45 for April, never imagined I could walk that much.

I did a 2.5 mile walk today, plus 12 mns. pilates and a 15 mn. bike ride. Let me tell ya the Pilates did me in. Whooooaaaa! I wasn't able to finish that because it was HURTING! The whole workout is only about 20 mns. long and I do not know how Denise Austin does it! Of course this was my first time and I know in time I will be able to do the whole tape without feeling the pain, hopefully!!

Well, hope everyone had a GREAT May Day! Talk to ya tomorrow.

5/01/03~2.5 miles

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-02-2003 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:19 AM   #6  

Thanks for the welcome Everybody!!!

I haven't read much of your last thread, but I must say homemade pasta sounds so good right now!!! Like Cristi, I have a bread maker. Love the homemade, just baked bread smell but I don't seem to use it as much as I should!

Got in a total of 3.6 miles today.....I'm on my way!!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!!

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked: 3.6
To Go: 56.4

Last edited by Mark&Ivy'smom; 05-02-2003 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:57 AM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Angry 1st day of May...

Just reporting in with my mileage for the 1st day of May--nothing new, regular route of 3.5 miles. Some days that route is a cake walk, other days my shin splints act up and I move like a turtle, luckily I've had more "cake" days than "turtle" days.

Mmmmm, I love fresh bread. We have a bread machine and I like the convenience of it, my favorite has got to be the english muffin bread, nice and chewy texture. I like my food to have substance! Of course, my new favorite is just going to Costco and buying that 2 pack loaf of sourdough-garlic, the cloves are roasted right in the dough. It's fresh out of the oven and still hot when it's packaged--so delicious! Ok, enough drooling about bread .

Cristi you have got to show us a picture of your long locks BEFORE you donate it, OK? I've had a short do for over 7 years, then when I started this weight loss effort I didn't cut my hair for over 6 months, I like my long hair now--makes me feel young again.

Go Jen Go! I see you took Gennel up on her 4 week challenge too huh? That's great! That thread is a real help too. I'm still debating whether or not I'm signing on for this month, I need to sit on it overnight.

Go Jenifer Go! It get's easier the more you do it right?

Lynne, no fair, you're a day ahead of us? By the time you read this you may be enjoying your saturday already ?

Well I've got to get ready for bed since it's still a work day tomorrow...welcome again to everyone (sorry if I've missed anyone) and let's have a great May!

Miles to Go: 81.50

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 05-02-2003 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #8  
Beauty is within...

Hi all.

Yes, I'm a day ahead of you, so I'm now heading into Saturday....

I went for my walk today. I went the opposite direction, which for some wierd reason felt easier. Amazing how you can trick you mind!

I won't have time to respond to you all today, as it's getting late and I'm about to watch a movie. Halloween 2000. I remember seeing Halloween the first when I was a young teenager at a slumber party. I still can't figure out why my friend's parents let us watch it! I remember having to try going to sleep in their lounge near large french windows!!!! Think I'll cope better this time round! ha ha

Have a good night and catch up more tomorrow.

Old 05-02-2003, 08:16 PM   #9  

Default Hiya!

Wow everyone is walking!n Whoohoo! Guess what??? The rain has returned to California! Ughhh! I am not going to get my walking in tonight b/c I'm going to a dinner at my friends church. The proceeds go to the youth group for summer camp. I have Wi tomorrow and just a little nervous! I will post more and hopefully the weather will get better! Sorry So Short I have to run! Chow!
Old 05-02-2003, 11:05 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies

I didn't manage to get my walk in today, bummer! I got my bike ride and that's it. The time got away from me, before I knew it I just ran out of time. I have got to get organized again. I will have to work harder this weekend to make up for today.

Noelle, I too had short hair, for about the last 12 years and I am not sure at what point I decided I would let it grow. Just got tired of trying to find someone who could do a decent cut and style. I let my daughter trim it for me a few days ago other than that I haven't had it cut in 1 1/2 years. Your hair is beautiful!! I can't tell from your picture, but it looks a lot longer than mine, definitely A LOT prettier. And I will be sure and get a photo posted before I get it chopped off. I want to use a photo for my avatar but not yet. I don't have one that I really like and would like to share with everyone. Unless I use one from about 5 years ago! Yours and Jenifers is nice, very nice. You ladies look very slim.

Lynne, hope you enjoyed the movie. I had seen all the Halloween movies. Not sure why but I love those kind of movies. I haven't seen a really scary movie out in a while.

Jenifer, hey don't sweat it. It's okay to miss a day every now and then. I know I did today also. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Sending good vibes your way.

Jen, hope you are doing fine today, you too Kristi! Hope you ladies had a GREAT Friday.

Talk to ya tomorrow. I think I am going to turn in early.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:45 PM   #11  

Hey everybody!!!

Bummer about the rain Jenifer. it's been pretty nice here. I've been walking in the evening so it's not so hot out. was able to get in a 3.2 mile walk today, which was good, but I'm going to try for a further one tomorrow. I have a zumba fitness class tomorrow morning (latin dance aerobics) and I'm getting a bit nervous, so if anyone here works out at a gym or takes any kind of classes, if you could help ease my nerves I would appreciate it.

Well I htink I'mout of here for now. I'll check back in tomorrow. You all have an awesome Saturday!!!!!

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 3.2
Total Walked To Date: 6.8
To Go: 53.2
Old 05-03-2003, 05:05 AM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

Hey everyone. Just got back from seeing the new X-2 movie (Xmen). Cool flick and funky effects. I got my regular route in of 3.5 miles and my hubby and son came along so it was an enjoyable one.

Jen don't worry about the exercise class--I give you a lot of credit for joining one in the first place. At least you'll be there doing something good for your body. Good luck and let us know how you like it.

Cristi thanks for the compliments about my hair (I'm blushing) . Actually I got it cut a little differently 2 weeks ago. The avatar pic shows it all at one length, now I've got some chunky/funky layers and some highlights put in. I'm still getting used to it but it makes me feel a lot more modern and fresh.

Jenifer here's wishing you sun and blue skies for tomorrow.

Lynne I know what you mean about the walking route feeling different in reverse. I do the exact same thing on weekends and it just feels easier for some reason . I don't get it either.

Kristi, hope you can find us OK. How'd your day go?

Well, I'm off to bed for now. Have a great weekend.

Miles to Go: 78
Old 05-03-2003, 01:31 PM   #13  

Default Raining still

Hi! First off I lost 1.6 today at Weigh In! YA! I am very much happy with the WW program. I don't feel like I am not eating. It's wonderful!

The rain is here again so I may do WATP later tonight. You all are doing great on your walking! I think hubby and I will go see a movie today.

Thanks for all the good vibes
Will post later tonight! Bye for now!
Old 05-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

hi everyone...
i'm new here! i just started on ww in march. so far i'm doing pretty well with it. now that the weather is turning out so nice, i started walking outside. today i did an hour... about 3 or so miles. it felt so nice to be outside and walking. i almost went around the lake again! that's it for me though... i can't wait to get to know you all better.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:19 PM   #15  

Default Web page in progress

http://geocities.com/justjeniwalker
Closed Thread