Old 03-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 10 (03/14-03/20)

Hi everyone and welcome to week 10 I hope it is a great one for all of us.

I'll talk more tomorrow have a great night for anyone still up and reading this.

Congratulations to our biggest losers for week 9.....great job to everyone we had a lot of losses this week.

Biggest Loser:
Transporter, -6, -3.16%

Honorable Mentions:
Dream710, -4lbs, -2.32%
mumtoliam, -5lbs, -1.85%
sandlll, -2.5lbs, -1.45%

Team Loss of -20.7lbs, -.48%
Old 03-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #2  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

yay first person in congratulations on the losses everybody!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:40 AM   #3  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Well done Transporter!!!

I have a big week this week, its my son's birthday tomorrow and we have celebrations three times this week. Tonight I had my best friends over and their kids, and we shared an ice cream cake.

Tomorrow we are having Liam's birthday dinner with his dad and new wife. I know the restaurant we are going to and have planned a healthy meal choice. And on Saturday I planned to take my son and a couple of friends to the movies and afterwards to the local pizzeria. That is the one that I am worried about. I will be researching healthy choice so I can enjoy it too.

I have planned for these events so I hope that I will be okay still next weigh in.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #4  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to Monday.... I was up all night with the stomach flu - the only positive of that is I'm down 4 lbs this morning. Unfortunately, once I start eating again I'm sure it will bounce back some. Hope everyone has a great day. I have a few things I need to try to get done so I can go home and go back to bed.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #5  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Blue Team, ah.......week 10 and such good percentages. Since I have so much time on my hands I figured out everyones' total weight loss percentages from week 1 until yesterdays week 9.
Transporter, awesome job on week 9. You have a 9.36% body loss so far. By next week I'm sure you'll be at 10%.
Dream, down another 4 pounds! Feel good huh? 4.26% total loss for you.
Mumtoliam...I looked twice to see if I read 5 pounds, WOW! Your total is 4.77% so far.
Sandlll...2.5 pounds is great but look at your overall achievement, 9.25%...well on your way to 10% too.
Quote:
Biggest Loser:
Transporter, -6, -3.16%

Honorable Mentions:
Dream710, -4lbs, -2.32%
mumtoliam, -5lbs, -1.85%
sandlll, -2.5lbs, -1.45%
I'll be back later today to post some of the outstanding total percentages, some of you have the most amazing stats, Narnia for one.
Congratulations everyone for hanging in there and trying to better your health not only for yourselves, but your family.
Later Gator
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Transporter on being the biggest loser Congrats to the rest of the team as well!!

Bobbi-Yes it does feel good. I made and packaged my meals for the week yesterday, so hoping for another great week. Hopefully one day I'll be as close to my goal as you are.

Mamap- hope you're feeling better. Hows the Y going?

mum-sounds like you got things pretty well planned out for the upcoming celebrations, I'm sure you do great. Happy Birthday to Liam!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Morning Blue Team. Congrats to our Biggest Loser and everyone else.
Well we are about to take our trip to AZ for my husbands army training graduation. We will be gone about 6 days. I will try my hardest to eat well on this trip. I will try to get some exercise in somehow.
Good luck this week, everyone.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Congrats to everyone!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #9  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Everyone!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #10  
Daily Struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtoliam View Post
Well done Transporter!!!
I have planned for these events so I hope that I will be okay still next weigh in.
You will have no surprises im sure you will do just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Blue Team, ah.......week 10 and such good percentages. Since I have so much time on my hands I figured out everyones' total weight loss percentages from week 1 until yesterdays week 9.
Transporter, awesome job on week 9. You have a 9.36% body loss so far. By next week I'm sure you'll be at 10%.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Aiming for 10% and more!! lets beat the red team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream710 View Post
Congrats Transporter on being the biggest loser Congrats to the rest of the team as well!!

Bobbi-Yes it does feel good. I made and packaged my meals for the week yesterday, so hoping for another great week. Hopefully one day I'll be as close to my goal as you are.
ty planning ahead is key. never get caught hungry.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/163/148

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Bobbi for calculating the percentage body weight lost! I can't wait to make my 10% and keep going from there! Well, early on in this challenge I think I mentioned I was diagnosed with acid reflux. I am 5' 5" and was 187, so officially in the obese category. I never lost the baby weight and my youngest is already 7!! So, it was like a fork in the road for me and I decided that instead of popping a pill everyday I wanted to try to get healthier with diet. I am an RD, so I know what to do, but needed the motivation to do it! My success is due to eating many more green salads, green smoothies and much more vegetables than before. I have also given up cheese which was huge for me! Chocolate is off the list and alcohol too... Sounds like no fun, but it hasn't been as bad as I feared. I found out that I actually like roasted brussel sprouts, swiss chard in salads and green smoothies look strange, but really taste good! My favorite breakfast is steel cut oats with a 1 tsp brown sugar or 2 slices cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread toasted with honey. My treat has been Kettle Corn or other flavored popcorn, which isn't great for you, but at least it is a whole grain... I also have cut way down on animal protein (I read The China Study and Eat to Live), still have fish (love scallops and salmon), but I have tried tofu and am finding ways to cook it that are tasty. I am also trying to cut way back on using olive oil, even though it is a healthy fat, it is still a fat and too much is not good... Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #12  
Daily Struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlll View Post
Thanks Bobbi for calculating the percentage body weight lost! I can't wait to make my 10% and keep going from there!
i agree! thank you so much Bobbi. While running erands today i was thinking wow i lost nearly 10% of my body fat since the beginning of the semester... i didn't really put it into perspective like that until now. Which got me even MORE pumped

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlll View Post
I have also given up cheese which was huge for me!
same! i used to eat cheese EVERYDAY. I used to crave it like crazy. Then i gave up cheese all together, while i still like cheese, i do not crave it and would rather have a nice piece of chicken.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #13  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I think my head is finally back in the game!

Today's food plan:

Breakfast:
Hard boiled egg & a grapefruit
AM Snack:
Hard boiled egg & string cheese
Lunch:
Baked chicken & green beans & cottage cheese
PM Snack:
Apple & Non-fat yogurt
Dinner:
Mixed greens salad with 4 oz of salad shrimp

ETA:
Total calories: 1113
Water: 120+ ounces
Zumba: 45 minutes

Last edited by MamaP; 03-15-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

everyone
Well the pain around my navel is gone, so I feel so much better now. I am still taking it easy as I don't want to aggravate the separation again, but it's sure a relief to know that it wasn't a hernia.

Congratulations Transporter on being our BL for the week
Way to go Dream, Vanessa, and Sandll

Vanessa, I hope your son has a wonderful birthday! That's awesome that you did some research so that you could make healthy food choices during the celebrations.

Kris - Glad you are feeling better. Your menu looks good!

Kelsey - Hope you have a great trip!

Sandll - I also need to give-up or at least cut way back on the amount of cheese that I eat. Cheddar cheese is my downfall

Quote:
same! i used to eat cheese EVERYDAY. I used to crave it like crazy. Then i gave up cheese all together, while i still like cheese, i do not crave it
Transporter - I look forward to the day I don't crave cheese.

Bobbi - Thanks for posting everyone's weight loss percentage. It's very motivating to see how far we have all come. Way to go everyone
Quote:
What do you do to keep your work-outs fresh? What do you eat for breakfast that keeps you full until lunch time? Do you eat after supper, if so what?
Great questions!
As far as workouts go, I have found some really good dvds that I rotate so that I never get bored. For breakfast I alternate between having 1 egg with 1/4 cup egg whites, with lots of veggies, with two slices of turkey bacon, and then the next day I'll have oatmeal with 2 vegetarian breakfast links. I try not to eat after supper, so I usually just have water and a cup of tea. If I am really hungry though I eat chickpeas.
I look forward to reading everyone elses answers.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Narnia99; 03-16-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Typed wrong name, sorry!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #15  
Daily Struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post
I think my head is finally back in the game!

Today's food plan:
Good plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia99 View Post
Congratulations Transporter on being our BL for the week
Way to go Dream, Vanessa, and Sandll

Transporter - I look forward to the day I don't crave cheese.

As far as workouts go, I have found some really good dvds that I rotate so that I never get bored. Have a wonderful day!
thanks You really need to cut it out of your life for sometime. I read that the bacteria in cheese actually makes you constantly crave it.
what kind of dvds? p90x?