View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #166
Bobbolink
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Good Morning.....I'd love to sit here and gab but have a very busy day. I just wanted to comment on your breakfast Tammy. I hate to criticize your choice of Wheat thins for breakfast but..........that is probably the worst thing you can eat for breakfast. You have to put good healthy fuel in your body in the mornings and something that will keep you full until a mid morning snack or lunch. I know how delicious Wheat Thins are, they're one of my favorites. But 16 crackers and tomato juice would leave me starved plus only 2 grams of fiber. (fiber is what keeps you full) I've heckled everyone before and I sound like a broken record but Fiber One has 14 grams of fiber and keeps me full until lunch. Zoe will back me up on this, she's a Fiber One gal too. Freda and I both are calorie counters and like she said, healthy calories. I would love for you to do an experiment, go out and buy a box of cereal that has lots of fiber in it. It doesn't have to be Fiber One, it can be All Bran, etc. Just make sure it has 10 to 14 grams of fiber. Eat that every morning with either yogurt on top like Zoe and I or skim milk. We both put fruit on top, but you can save the fruit for a mid morning snack. Would you try that for a week and then tell us about it? Please! I don't know anything about Atkins, but if it limits your carbs, I'd think twice about it. If you try calorie counting, check out Fitday......they make it soooooooo easy. I think there's a Daily Plate too? Hey Golden Girls, any other places that you use that might fit Tammy?

Quote:
I have no plan to speak of... I thought of Atkins, but wanted to keep the baked potato in my diet. Any suggestions about what type of plan I should use? So, maybe in the morning I could eat wheat thins or another type of cracker with some lowfat cream cheese, along with the tomato juice?
I'm open to suggestions/ideas... please.
Quote:
Calories
A standard serving of Original Wheat Thins consists of 16 crackers, which have 140 calories. Most of these calories come from the crackers' carbohydrate content.
Each serving of Original Wheat Thins has 5 g total fat, 1 g of saturated fat, 1 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar and 2 g protein.

Last edited by Bobbolink : 03-14-2011 at 11:41 AM.