Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 10:15 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #3

Welcome to the Weighty Issues thread! We are a group of women who are trying to get through every day life with the help of each other. No topics are off limits, we discuss everything. If it wasn't for these girls I probably wouldn't be here trying to get healthy.

I thought I would start a new thread since it is the first day of the month.

Old 05-01-2003, 10:45 AM   #2  

I can't believe May is here already. Where in the world is this year going?

Jen that sounds so cool (yesterday). I love to see birds around. We have a family of woodpeckers that lives in a tree right behind my house. I like to sit on the deck and watch them walk around on the tree. I also have 5 hummingburd feeders. They havn't all shown back up but last year I had about 20 if not more everyday.

I can't really talk long. I have to be the mean ole' collection lady. Today is our billing day and I have to go after the dead beats that think they don't have to pay us. I actually have to send someone to collections for $75, isn't that sad?
Old 05-01-2003, 02:23 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Talking May Day is Lei Day In Hawaii ...

Happy May Day Chickies. Boy how time flies when you're having fun. I tallied my miles walked for April and according to my records I walked 84.25 miles--can you believe it? That's 3.5 miles almost daily. I'm gonna try for 85 this month.

Angie I showed Rick your new picture and he said, "how is Theresa doing?" See? Even he thinks you look like our old friend. I need to go and see if I can dig up an old high school picture of her, she had the same hair too. Maybe that's why I took to you right away , I felt like I knew you already.

Kempy, having a good day ? Ahhh, sometimes I miss making collection calls. I wear that ***** hat quite well ya know . I can't believe I did that full time for over 6 years!!! I think the least amount of money I sent someone in for was about $70, so I know how you feel.

Jen, pelicans huh? I've never seen a real one in my life...well, maybe at a zoo, but it was so far away from me I wasn't really impressed. I imagine they must be a sight to see especially if there were a whole flock of 'em. That must've been a great experience for you. I saw an almost all red cardinal this morning, and that was something special since we hardly have those around our parts. We changed the bird feed so it's attracting more than just finches and sparrows (boring) . Are you enjoying your time off yet?

Sandy, hope you find us here and just think, tomorrow afternoon you'll be on your way to FUN!

Hey to everyone else...have a great day all.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, I love hummingbirds. I should fill up my feeder and see if mine comes back. He usually does the first day I fill it. He drives the cats bananas. HEHE

Noelle, way to go on the walking!! I have never added up the miles for a month but since I can walk almost every day now I should try it. It would be neat to know.

Sandy, If I don't get a chance to talk to ya before you leave...HAVE FUN!!! Drink extra for me. I want to see pics!!

Jen, How is your day going? Did you see the pelicans again today?

I had better go do some elliptical. It is so cold outside today and dark. I hate this weather. I want sunshine again. BooHoo.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:01 PM   #5  

Well, today has been a pretty good day so far. Took 1/2 of the final last night and the other 1/2 just a little while ago. I wished I would have done better, but it's over now. Time to relax for while...what will I do with all that extra time I was only able to get in a little over a mile so far today, it's getting ready to rain here. Hopefully it will get it over with so I can take my kids on the path, They would really dig the birds. So no, I haven't seen them yet today, maybe later. This time though I'm taking my camera. I have got to het pictures of them. Also went tanning, I know it's not that great for your skin, but if i don't get some kind of base tan, I will burn all summer, even with the sunscreen (usually because I forget to put it on myself....always remember the kids, but never myself )

Starting next week....it's spring cleaning time. Now I've got the extra hours, I'm going ot get everything done that I have been thinking about. And we're planning a trip to South Dakota in the motor home in June so that will be nice. My daughter has never been there, and I think mysister is going so we'll have to be sure to hit all the monuments. I think I'll take my son horseback riding (if they can hold all my weight )

Well I guess I'll be off, have to clean up the kitchen a bit before starting dinner. Hope you all have a great evening. Talk to you soon!!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:05 AM   #6  

Hello girls,

I hope you all are having a good evening. Just checking in real quick tonight. I got out for another walk after dinner tonight for a total of 3.6 miles today. YAY!!!! It is so nice walking in the evening. I'm going to love this. Checked on the birds and they weren't there I hope they come back. Well that's it for now, you allhave a good night and a great Friday!!!! Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:29 AM   #7  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Way to go Jen an all the walking!!! I love to walk, I could do it all day.

I am off to the doctors to see if I have strep throat. I don't want to take a chance on it getting worse and having to sit in the ER for 2 hours on a weekend. My throat feels like it has a big lump in it. YUCK!!! I was going to make lowfat taco salad for supper tonight too. Shoot!!

I haven't gotten any exercise in today. I was planning on taking a walk after my appointment but it started to pour out after I got out of the shower. Maybe I can sneak in while Jay is cooking and do something. I feel guilty if I skip it.

How is everyones week going? Are we all doing well?
Old 05-02-2003, 11:46 AM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am back from the doctors and it is strep. YUCK!!! I almost made it through a whole winter without a cold. I had him give me a prescription for Diflucan too just incase I get a yeast infection from the antibiotics. AND... I even came home and did my usual morning workout so I am pretty happy.

Where is everyone? I miss chatting all the time. I hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:26 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Talking TGIF!!!!

TGIF! Hello everyone. Happy Friday indeed! (Guess what the name of that color is, it's "chocolate" although it looks more like a pumpkin to me )

Angie sorry to hear that it is strep, at least you're getting medicated early + you worked out anyway--WTG! My throat is feeling much better but I keep getting the "frog in my throat" voice and have to keep clearing it. ahem, ahem... Rick was heading out to work this morning and he decided to wear a different pair of work boots. When he stuck his foot in one of 'em he felt something inside--it was a toad . The shoe and toad went flying into the yard and he decided to wear his regular pair of shoes instead . So we're a pair aren't we? Frog in my throat and toad in his shoe .

Jen a road trip to SD, sounds like fun. Your kids will have a blast. You must take pictures and post them when you get back. When my dad retired from the military (way back in '73--before you were born) we drove from AR to CA, then got the car shipped to HI. Of course I don't remember any of this as I was a year and a half old, but I have some old, grainy pictures that tell the tale. Have a great time.

Sandy, : got your wine ready? Camera? Sleeping bag? (did ya empty it out first? ) Have a great weekend.

Kempy any luck getting those dollars in?

Well, gotta go and actually do some work...check back w/ya gals later.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:44 PM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Tell Rick to be glad it wasn't a BIG spider!! My brother in Law had that happen one morning when my husband worked with him in the woods. GROSS!!!

How are you doing Jen and Noelle? I think Sandy and Kempy took off for the weekend.

It figures that when I want the doctors to weigh me they don't but when I weighed 265 pounds they made me step on the scales every time.

Jay told me today at work that he doesn't think I need to lose any more weight. he said I looked perfect to him. He is so sweet and I can't even thank him because I have strep throat. HAHA

Well, I will check in tomorrow with my weight. Let's hope it is a loss.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:12 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Angie, I was gonna ask you if you got weighed at the drs. but you already answered my question...I would've ASKED to get weighed, haha. And BTW, you could give Jay a hug ya know, no oral contact required ! *sigh* that is such a great compliment to get from one's hubby... Good luck on your weigh in and I'm sure you'll have some great results. I declined the challenge this time around to relieve myself of a little stress. I will still weigh in on Saturday's but post my loss in my journal or on this thread. Maybe next month I'll jump back on board again. I'm maintaining this week so that's fine.

My son told me the other day and it totally floored me, "you look skinny mommy" --I kid you not. I an FAR from skinny but in his eyes I must've shrunk down a lot. This was just something he said while we were eating dinner together. I got up and hugged him so tight, it was so flattering (though not true) . He's my .

Jen how are you spending this free day?

Have a great weekend everybody.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:22 PM   #12  

Hi Angie and Noelle,

Tried to get on here and post earlier but I just when I thought I could something else came up. After I got my son to school, I actually got to sleep in for awhile. It was so nice not to have to rush around and get things done before leaving for class.

Angie: I'm so sorry it's strep, I hope you feel better soon. Just make sure to take it easy for the next couple of days. And how sweet is Jay!!!!! I hope I have someone who will say that to me. That was so cute.

Noelle: Your son is such a darling, they always seem to know what will make moms heart melt for them. You must be looking pretty good for a child to notice. Good Job!!!

I was actually able to get out for a 3.2 mile walk today. Although I didn't do too wellon the eating part. Most of the day went okay but then the family rered pizza, and since that is one of my favorites I had a little too much4 pieces, but they were small(ish). I guess I better strap on those shoes and walk, walk, walk tomorrow That Zumba Fitness (latin dance aerobics) class starts tomorrow morning, but now I'm starting to get nervous. I'm worried I'm going to be the biggest person there, and make a total *** out of myself. So I guess I need to make a decision soon

Well I guess I'm off, I'll check in tomorrow morning or afternoon depending on what time my sons soccer game is over.....Go Bears!!!!! Talk to you later. Have a great Saturday!!!!!

P.S. Good luck to both of you tomorrow at your weigh in I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Old 05-03-2003, 08:38 AM   #13  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am in the 140's finally!!! I actually had to check the scale a few times to be sure because I was shocked. 147 1/2 pounds. It seems like it took forever to be in the 140's. I thought I would have been there last month with no luck.

Noelle, Your son is so sweet. My kids do that too. Kids tell it like they see it. You don't look big to me either!!

Jen, That is okay with the pizza. If it was me I would have sent Jay to the store for cookies because I would figure why not. So I think you did great stopping there. Plus, Ya had to get full sometimes. I don't ever seem to get full feeling. I eat alot of veggies and stuff but sometimes I miss the full feeling. Until I mess up bad and eat so much I am sick.

Have a good weekend girls!!
Old 05-03-2003, 01:22 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Wooo-Hoooo Angie, you go girl! 140's!!! I love positive scale shock .

Jen how did your Zumba class go? Hope you liked it. You're doing this for your health and not for anyone elses viewing pleasure (unless you want it to be that way ) ) . Let us know how the soccer game turned out...Bears all the way!!!

Well Rick got home early yesterday so we all went for a walk which was great. You're so lucky Angie to have Jay for company on yours. When we got home we decided to go to the X-2 movie which was pretty darn cool. My son fell asleep about 30 minutes into it (he walked 3/4 of the walk himself) . I ate popcorn and when I got home I ate a malassada w/chocolate pudding in it . I stopped at one when here were 6 more in the box so there was something a little positive about the whole ordeal . As I was eating it the chocolate filling squirted out and onto my new white blouse, serves me right though huh? I am so rotten too, when I took the first 2 bites I tried to have Rick eat the rest of it and he refused. So I finished it. I had to make him follow me upstairs into the laundry room to make sure I didn't head back into the kitchen and sneak another one. I still have moments of "sneak" eating. It's terrible.

I weighed this morning and it's wavering between 169 and 170, but I don't want to say I'm in the 160's yet because it's the weekend and y'all know what happens to me on the weekends ( ) . I KNOW next week I will be. My nieces b-day party is this afternoon and my son is so looking forward to dressing up as the king. I'll get my digital and take a few pics. Have a great weekend folks.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:58 PM   #15  

Hey Girls,

I hope you both had a good Saturday.

Angie: That's great!!! 140's!! That just helps remind me what I'm going for.

Noelle: Can't wait to see your son as the king. I have been thinking about taking my son to go see X2. He really liked the first one. Maybe some time during the week.

Well you may already know, but I completely chickened out about going to the class. I am goign to go next Saturday though. I was looking so forward to it, and then at the last minute, I just couldn't do it. I did get a walk in for 4.2 miles, so that was good, and 120 oz of water. Woo Hoo!!! We just got done watching Gladiator, and I'm bawling my eyes out. My sons team lost their game today. So we have to work on sportsmanship issues. They didn't like it that they lost.

Well I think I'm out of here for now. I'll check back in tomorrow morning. You guys have a wonderful Sunday!! Talk to you later.
Closed Thread