Old 03-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/149.5/140

Height: 5'4

Default HELP! the last 20 pounds

I am having the HARDEST time getting these last 15-20 pounds off. In the last month and a half I've lost only 5 pounds but my measurements have been steadily going down--with the exception of the last 2 weeks, my measurements in my stomach have either stayed the same or gotten slightly bigger (could working abs have anything to do with this?). I work out 7 days a week and am very picky about what I put in my mouth. Anyone have any suggestions? These last 15-20 pounds are killing me!
Aleesuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm stuck with my last 15 - 20 pounds...they just won't go away.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #3  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Set ur calories to you basal metabolic rate and up the intensity of ur exercise. Losing the vanity pounds (20 and less) is way different than losing 30+lbs. You're body is in a comfortable spot and wants to hold on to that fat for survival (the body hasn't quite evolved to our overabundance of food) when you're not eating enough calories to support ur BMR. Stay meticulous about the kinds of foods you eat and no booze (don't want to release too much estrogen). Of course, be mindful of ur salt intake. Give yourself a day of rest and recovery when it comes to workouts. Exercise is the architect while rest is the builder.

HTH
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #4  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

I must say, I'm at my last 25lbs and I'm not sure if I'm self sabatoging or my body doesn't want to lose.

Something about being so close to goal...So, I too am looking to see all of the knowledgeable responses you get on this thread. And wishin you much success!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Drink more water, up the intensity of your exercise, do a different exercise, or try to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day, if you're only eating 3 regular meals. If you're doing all of this already, try to vary your daily caloric intake, while maintaining the same weekly amount.
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

these last 10-12 lbs are KILLING me, literally! They have ZERO desire to come off! I feel your pain and am going to really need to buckle down HARD!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

I'm in the same boat! I need to get rid of these last few lbs! gotta reach that goal!
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

We are nearly the same. Around the same height, same SW and GW. For weeks, I lingered at 150, then I went down and have gone down each day for almost a week. It is a slow process at the end. It will take awhile. Stick with it.
girlinwaterglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #9  

Girlinwaterglobe: Wow, we are pretty much the same! I've been at 151-152 for several weeks now. I'm trying to buckle down and make sure I push myself hard in my workouts and make sure I don't grab any cheat bites here and there. I've come so far and it just feels kind of defeating to have it come to such a halt.

Also, I take measurements every two weeks. In the last two weeks I have gained 1/8 of an inch in my stomach. Could this be because of working my abs? I just started working my abs like a month ago, at first I noticed a sudden decrease in my measurements but they've suddenly gone up now (even though my weight has stayed the same).
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/185/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizstyling View Post
I must say, I'm at my last 25lbs and I'm not sure if I'm self sabatoging or my body doesn't want to lose.
Right there with ya! Think it's a little bit of both.

Aleesuh, what are you eating, carb-wise? I find that if I get my carb intake to between 100-150 grams a day, I lose weight a lot faster. How many grams of fat are you averaging, and what's your daily calorie intake?
bleujean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #11  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I feel ya on the losing of 15-20 lbs. I agree with jmfan you gotta change things up and give ur body a break as well.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #12  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMfan View Post
Exercise is the architect while rest is the builder.
That quote is epic. I'm stealing it.

The other ladies have great tips. From what I've read/learned, the end is about REALLY strapping down and counting every last thing. Salt and carb amounts are important as well as water intake. Is it maybe that TOTM or close to it? The 1/8 of an inch gain your seeing could be bloat caused from that or even gas. Good luck getting to your goal!
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #13  

Bleujean: I typically only count calories. I usually end up around 13-1400 each day. I don't count carbs or fat. I know I don't take in much of either though because I eat 95% natural & raw foods like fruits, veggies, eggs, etc. The only processed food I eat is Kashi granola bars (but only ones with 5g of sugar or less--that's my sugar limit).

LadyWraith: I don't count carbs, but I rarely eat bread and typically i get my grains from oatmeal and kashi granola bars. But it's a really low number. I'd be surprised if I ate more than 50-60 grams of carbs per day. I do watch my sodium intake, in fact I'm pretty anal about it. And I drink on average about 100+ ounces of water and unsweetened tea each day. I am constantly drinking...and constantly peeing! Also, yes when I took measurements it was a few days before TOTM, I should start any day now. I'll wait till it passes and try to measure again and see what happens.

I did have a success today that I would like to share. When I weighed 200lbs shopping was a NIGHTMARE, as I'm sure many of you have experienced. Nothing ever fit or looked right on me. Well today, weighting 151lbs, I had to go shopping for business clothes (I'm going to NYC next month for a conference for a class I'm in--college senior, graduating in May--CAN'T WAIT) and I bought 3 out of 5 business professional outfits I need. Everything I tried on fit and looked good on me! It's such a confidence booster! I'm so excited!!

Thanks to everyone for your advice! My friend also told me today that when her husband was losing his last 15-20 pounds he 1. Made sure to take a rest day each week; 2. switched up his cardio; and 3. switched up how he did his weights. I will try this as well as staggering my calories. I'll keep you all posted!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I have been struggling with the last 20 pounds since about October... I lose some, gain some, lose some, maintain... My body is very comfortable here... I have no advice but I feel your pain
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #15  
Medifasting since 5/13/10

S/C/G: 235/???/135

Height: 5'4"

Like many people here, I've been self sabotaging since the beginning of Feb...getting down to 162 and then eating my way back up to 170 (within 3 days) and then losing the weight fast...I think this is my third (and final!) time in 6ish weeks.

I'm 100% aware that I'm doing it because I'm mentally comfortable here. I haven't been in the 150s since the 8th grade, and I feel normal and cute at this weight, even though I know its not where I want to be. I think its part fear of getting to goal and still being disappointed with my body and part fear of not knowing how I'll handle maintenance and what I'll do with all this energy it took to lose weight. My life pre-weight loss was centered about laziness, food and alcohol, and I'm not sure how it will be once I get to goal.
BarristerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote